Trump

Articles, Commentary and Discussion about politics.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Re: Trump

Postby Mk3 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:26 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote: Time to nuke the shit out of England.

See, their nuclear ballistic missile submarines, they are stationed in Scotland - like I said, and retreat to a safe distance...
Each boat goes near the surface at least once per day while on patrol, to check for orders on the satellites. If the satellites don't respond, or suchlike, they tune in to the BBC World Service.

So, ask yourself. Theresa May. Basically Trump, with a better toupee and if he had no pe... basically, Trump with a better toupee. She has written those letters. I think the only consideration she might have made for former allies would be "except one missile, and use that to nuke fucking Brussels". Yes, I think the PM would have dropped the f-bomb in such a letter (pun intended).

The American satellites....

There's a good many years of tentacles out there that even Heir Tangelo can't unilaterally fuck up. Cool trick with American missile targeting "blast America = return to sender". They even play Elvis over the BBC or CBC or ARD airwaves while they do it.

At least as of 21 Jan we're past electoral hump day. Unless there's another Clinton campaign......FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...

FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...FML...
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby DerGolgo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:19 am

Mk3 wrote:The American satellites....

Wish it were so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(satellite)

Some Terminator editing Wikipedia wrote:Skynet is a family of military communications satellites, now operated by Astrium Services on behalf of the UK Ministry of Defence, which provide strategic communication services to the three branches of the British Armed Forces and to NATO forces engaged on coalition tasks.

They call it Skynet, and they privatized operation!

So there's a good chance that, even if it doesn't gain sentience and decides to wipe us out, some asshole trying to "streamline" something and make it "dynamic", to be all "ambitious" and all, will mute them sats for a few days (could fix it within minutes, of course, but wouldn't dare get any other department involved, as that'd weaken them in the office politics).
Cue BBC World Service having to shut down for a few hours because of budget cuts...
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Mk3 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:41 pm

All made in Taiwan
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby 0l4fderstout » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Goddamnit. Mattis quit. The adults have all left the White House. This will be interesting in the sense of being cursed.
0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

BANNER!:
US Michigan

Postby Jaeger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Aside from the Shutdown and the fucking chaos associated therewith... oh goodness, isn't this interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 1e25fc555d

Max Fucking Boot @ WaPo wrote:We interrupt the breathless coverage of President Trump’s deceptive and unconvincing Oval Office address on the border wall to bring you some genuinely big news: The collusion case against the president’s campaign, already strong, is getting even stronger.

Attorneys for Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman, inadvertently included a big reveal in a court filing on Tuesday through their clumsy failure to properly redact key portions. They admitted that during the 2016 campaign Manafort and his longtime associate Konstantin Kilimnik, who the FBI has said has ties to Russian intelligence, discussed a peace plan for Ukraine and that Manafort also shared with him political polling data.

But the even more significant part of the Tuesday revelations concerns the polling data that Manafort allegedly shared with Kilimnik. Why would an individual with ties to Russian intelligence need polling data on the U.S. election? There is only on reason I can think of: to help direct the covert social-media propaganda campaign that Russian intelligence was running on Trump’s behalf. The Russians reached 126 million people via Facebook alone and millions more on other social-media platforms. Combined with Russia’s theft and strategically timed release of Democratic Party emails, this most likely swung an exceedingly close election — decided by fewer than 80,000 votes in three states — to Trump.

One of the central mysteries about the Russian campaign is how the Kremlin could have been so skillful in targeting American voters, focusing especially on African Americans, Bernie Sanders supporters and other groups who might otherwise have been expected to vote for Hillary Clinton. When political campaigns run advertising, they typically rely on detailed voter data to guide their efforts. Did the Kremlin do its own polling? It didn’t have to, if Manafort was providing the Russians with poll numbers.

If this is what it appears to be, it is the biggest scandal in American history — an assault on the very foundations of our democracy in which the president’s own campaign is deeply complicit. There is no longer any question whether collusion occurred. The only questions that remain are: What did the president know? And when did he know it?

I learned a new acronym today: ITMFA.

I like it.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Jaeger » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:57 am

Wow. Just wow.

WaPo wrote:Rudolph W. Giuliani claimed Wednesday night that he “never said there was no collusion” between President Trump’s campaign and Russia leading up to the 2016 presidential election.

In a remarkable, at times contentious, interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, the president’s lawyer was accused of contradicting his own past statements about collusion as well as what Trump and his supporters have repeatedly asserted. On Twitter, Trump has used the phrase “no collusion” dozens of times, and a number of those instances were direct denials that his campaign was involved with the Russian government.

Giuliani’s shocking declarations — several of which Cuomo called out as being false — quickly sent the Internet into a tailspin as many wondered what could have prompted the former New York mayor to suddenly change course.

phpBB [media]

Guliani is clearly a few cards short of a full deck. Watch the above -- you only need watch the first 30 seconds, that's enough to get the point.

Here's the link to WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ign-russia

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Bigshankhank » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 am

This shutdown finally is hitting home. The federally managed union longshoremen at the Port of Miami are striking, locking up a considerable amount of raw construction materials much of which has been paid for by and was to be shipped to my current project but now is locked in limbo.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby Aggroton » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:This shutdown finally is hitting home. The federally managed union longshoremen at the Port of Miami are striking, locking up a considerable amount of raw construction materials much of which has been paid for by and was to be shipped to my current project but now is locked in limbo.

Hopefully this will at the least create some working class solidarity.
thats a sweet bike.
Aggroton
Chuck Asap

BANNER!:
Jamaica

Postby Bigshankhank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:26 am

Aggroton wrote:
Hopefully this will at the least create some working class solidarity.

I fucking wish. What I could with an organized and skilled workforce...
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby Jaeger » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 am

It's good that I've gone numb or this would really offend me:

WaPo wrote:Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross on Thursday said he doesn’t understand why federal workers are visiting food banks during the partial government shutdown, saying they should instead seek low-interest loans from banks and credit unions to supplement their lost wages.

“I know they are, and I don’t really quite understand why,” Ross said on CNBC when asked about federal workers going to food banks. Ross is a billionaire and a longtime friend of President Trump.

“The idea that it’s paycheck or zero is not a really valid idea,” he said. “There’s no reason why some institution wouldn’t be willing to lend.”

Ross leads one of the agencies that is directly affected by the shutdown that began Dec. 22, and many of his employees haven’t been paid for weeks.

“It’s kind of disappointing that the air traffic controllers are calling in sick in pretty large number,” Ross said. ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... food-banks

Someone tell me again how Trump and his cronies "understand the needs of the people" and are looking out for their constituents?

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Previous

Return to Underground Politics