JACKBOOTED THUGS

Articles, Commentary and Discussion about politics.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Re: JACKBOOTED THUGS

Postby Mk3 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 pm

DerGolgo wrote: On the other hand, sexual offenders are often easily forgiven by the general public, so he might have stuck around. Banishment in this context means what I think it means, doesn't it?

He abused his authority, that and the sex offense are grounds for neutering in my book. I'm glad he got shellacked. Further let's consider the extraordinary likelihood that this singularly identified offense is not the only time he's done this. He's probably pulled this shit numerous times, possibly some of that came out in trial (or behind closed doors), and they are keeping him away from the people he's wronged. Maybe protect the town from further scrutiny too (though fuck that department), and on the fringes maybe keep him from getting killed by angry husbands.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby DerGolgo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:41 am

Considering how quick he was to admit to blackmailing her, he must either have been a total moron trying this for the first time. Which all things in this matter seem to indicate against, indeed.
Or he had done this so often, he felt he knew how the rest of the conversation was going, and he just decided to get to the point before wasting any more time. Accepting to have this on his record forever more does suggest he feared other stuff would come out in court.

One can but hope that, wherever he moves in the future, it'll be a place where, for the rest of his life, he'll have to personally inform every single one of his neighbors of what he did. And that, with that stain on his record, the only sort of job he'll be able to get will force him to live in the kind of neighborhood where people are disinclined to like police officers to begin with, and will have particular appreciation of a dirtbag cop abusing his office as he did. Make his whole life real damn unpleasant.
"Okay, so you're reporting an assault, you got beat up by your neighbor, let me just... hang on... oh, you used to be one of us? Well, brother, we'll sure... hang on... you fucking did WHAT? Dirtbags like you is why we have to wear body cams and attend all those fucking seminar! You know what, fuck you. Your neighbor was evidently acting in self-defense. Fuck off, or I'll arrest you, and I'll let anyone in the tank know that you used to be a dirty cop!"
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Bigshankhank » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:03 am

Speaking of jackbooted thugs, the fmr mayor of New York City Rudy G posted a 911 appreciation ad featuring literally that very thing. A grizzled cop in riot gear facing off against protesters remembering all of the things that inspired him to swear fealty to the badge, going backwards in time all the way to watching the news on 09-11-01 as a small boy. Then at the end he brings his consciousness back to the present, and I shit you not, whips out his baton in preparation for some skull cracking.
We are in such a fucked up place right now.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Previous

Return to Underground Politics