Solstice/equinox rituals?

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Re: Solstice/equinox rituals?

Postby Mk3 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:01 am

Burnt a big log. It's a thing I do, sometimes on short days, sometimes at camp grounds.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby xtian » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:41 pm

rode to the store, bought champagne, whiskey, tequila, and everything I need to cook a pizza except for the crust that I never found. shared a very dignified nod with a young girl walking to her 250 Yamaha while I tried to push my loaded 1200cc bike off the parking space. Thought about begging for her help but didn't.
I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Postby AZRider » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:53 pm

To the light!
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Rench » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:53 pm

And so we turn... Rituals performed, an appropriate amount of unaged corn Whiskey from the carolinas was sacrificed this year. Waiting for the thaw now...

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby xtian » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:37 pm

An absurd amount of work only allow me to go for a short ride but I needed this, lots of wind and debris everywhere. The traffic was just insane. I got hit by a car by one of the lizard people who thought driving through a red light without watching where he was going was as good as anything. turns out hand guards don't do a proper job when hit from behind. My hand and leg saved the bike from damage.
not sure if the lizard was scared by all my cursing or just didn't give any fuck.
Happy winter solstice everywhere. be safe, get drunk, hurray for baby jesus and happy sol invictus.
I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Postby Jaeger » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:50 pm

xtian wrote:An absurd amount of work only allow me to go for a short ride but I needed this...

..Happy winter solstice everywhere. be safe, get drunk, hurray for baby jesus and happy sol invictus.

Oy, fuck! Yeah, that was a fuckin' weird day. Glad you weren't a terminal hood ornament. :shock:

Full-moon solstice, I'm told it's the last we'll see in our lifetimes (haven't looked that up yet).

I'll post pix later, but we had weird-ass weather. About 70degF and sunny with pop-up thunderstorms. Craziest rainbows I've ever seen.

Odd that it coincides with so much other fuckery and goings on.

Interesting times, folks. :Jeez:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby 0l4fderstout » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:13 am

Way late to this guy (and damn I really didn't do anything yesterday,) I generally leave a couple of quality cigars, good dark chocolate, and a pint of good rum at a crossroads for Legba a couple of times a year. Iguess I could line it up with the solar positions, as that would be his jam.
0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

BANNER!:
US Michigan

Previous

Return to Rants & Rides