Solstice/equinox rituals?

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Postby Midliferider » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:12 pm

I got my Christmas eve ride completed. Man did that feel good. Cold but good.
Jaeger... note to myself... "let it ferment first", most excellent. Like a fine wine, time does wonders. How's the little Jaeger doing away ways? Not heard much. Paper trained yet?
The world is full of warnings. An elevator smells different to a midget.
Midliferider
Yogurt

Postby Rench » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 am

A: Solstice again, rituals for all, I know I've got mine.

B: I was trying to remember who/where something was written about huffing human feces just yesterday. Amazing how and where you find these things around here... :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby piccini9 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:00 am

I painted the chairs WHITE today. Hopefully, I'll go ride my motorcycle, but it's already crazy hot out there.
Adding pink and unicorns makes everything better.
-roadmissile

Treatment may include things like riding motorcycles and crocheting… whatever it takes to counteract the deleterious effects of existence. - Rolly
piccini9
Everybody dies. It's a love story.

Postby cjp » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 am

Spent the solstice sitting at a picnic table having beers and laughs with Calamari Kid, Thrasher Bill, JunoUno, UndertheGun, Rabbitfighter, Kanadamike, Lucretia, and a bunch of others through out the evening.

Also, I took the following picture for motobingo:

(the afternoon light was just right for it!)

Happy midsummer and have a great season, you lousy bunch of degenerates!

:D

Also, listened to the Summer Solstice album in bed while falling asleep with MsUno, as is our custom. :)
goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp
Western WA. Wandering Dervish

Postby xtian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:03 am

The sun was so out of line this morning when I woke up it looked like a sci-fi movie from the 50's. It was way further east than I remembered it. No ritual for me today, I had to work ... 340 km from home ... so I rode there the by the long way and woods and countryside :)

Happy mojito to you all.
I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Postby Zer0 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 am

Poured tacos and Negro Modelo inside me, then more creveza onto the street, this time for the road godesses.
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat

My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.

High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...
Zer0
Professor of Poop

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Metalredneck » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Stood in the waves at Sauble Beach & watched the sun go down. Will post pics.
Done.
Metalredneck
Largely Uncontroversial

Re: Solstice/equinox rituals?

Postby Rench » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Bump!

A day late, though I did observe yesterday. Enjoy the daylight folks, 2 minutes extra at a time.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby Beemer Dan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:40 pm

....fighting off the zombie apocalypse here! It's the end of the world! Zombie hipsters everywhere! Didn't you see all of the instagram photos of brains being posted up? Had to drain the fuel from the bike for the flame thrower... the air is thick with decaying flesh and cashmere.

I ended up missing any good riding this time because of sleeting skies and lack of time. All the best to you guys, long days and pleasant nights.
They swore it was the correct one, but swearing doesn't make a sprocket fit where it doesn't want to. --WeAintFoundShit
Beemer Dan
Dark Poohbah

BANNER!:
Cascadia

Postby Rench » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:22 pm

I really must insist on resurrecting this post every six months, because the spirit of ootmikery is never more alive than when I read the hallowed words of MLR saying he's huffing his own feces in honor of the occasion. :mrgreen:

Drink spilled, world tilts. The long hard road out of hell begins...

-Rench
Last edited by Rench on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby guitargeek » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am

I'm sipping Jagermeister. That's all.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby Midliferider » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Hey you bad ass motorcycle riders... Happy Solstice, Happy Birthday to Jaeger, and Happy Holidays. I sincerely hope all is well at all your home fronts, as this year comes to some closure. Wish we could all wipe the slate board clean and really start fresh but alas 2014 will probably be a case of warmed up left overs. At the very least, the days will once again grow longer and riding will become more hospitable in many sections of the country. May 2014 be the year that stands as one of your best. Time is shorter than one thinks, so plan to wast less of it. Make larger memories. You're still best group of people on the net. Stay safe.
Midliferider
Yogurt

Postby cjp » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Didn't do shit this year. Too cold, too much family visiting, too much other shit going on. Too much.

I'm aiming for the equinox. :idea:
goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby Jaeger » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:29 am

Midliferider wrote:Hey you bad ass motorcycle riders... Happy Solstice, Happy Birthday to Jaeger, and Happy Holidays. I sincerely hope all is well at all your home fronts, as this year comes to some closure. Wish we could all wipe the slate board clean and really start fresh but alas 2014 will probably be a case of warmed up left overs. At the very least, the days will once again grow longer and riding will become more hospitable in many sections of the country. May 2014 be the year that stands as one of your best. Time is shorter than one thinks, so plan to wast less of it. Make larger memories. You're still best group of people on the net. Stay safe.

Hey there, Midlife! Sorry I missed this one earlier! Thank you, sir, and likewise!

Yeah, I honestly didn't do much for the Solstice. Mustardseed and I went out for my birthday, that was about it (though it was a damn good dinner). Been buried with kids, work (or lack thereof), and general shit most of 2013... here's hoping that the new year involves more fun, more riding, and more getting together with some of you fuckers.

Incidentally, Middie, see if you can get to DOOM this year -- should be an interesting one with our Cultural Attaché from Deutchland. :)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby cjp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Equinoxical greetings to you all, yay!

I think my ritual today is going to be whiskey, and a nap. Maybe with a recreational painkiller, but that seems excessive :p

I'd like to go for a ride, but after work I went for the whiskey, so now the ride is out of the question.

Sunny and nice though, just like it should be!

I put this little montage of personal* spring inspiration together this morning in celebration of today's equinoxious portent to post elsewhere, so I'll replay here:

Let there be more light! *boing boing boing*

*except for the leaping aries, he's not anyone I know.

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby Midliferider » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:34 am

Hey Cjp, I like that sheep a jump'n. Symbolic of crossing the line into Spring. Well, maybe. Poor return of cold weather kept me in on this momentous occasion though today it will hit 61 degrees about 4pm supposedly. Might take a short blast as a belated hello to Spring. Love Spring time for riding. Summer can feel like one's sitt'n in front of an open oven door with a broiler on high. Received a bottle of 18 year old Buchanan's scotch whiskey for my 64th birthday so I'll make a toast to you fine riders here, the road under my feet and a safe season of fine adventures. Remain authentic, to yourselves.
Midliferider
Yogurt

Postby Rench » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Another year. A special solstice this year, as I find myself spilling a drink on 66 in downstate Illinois.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby Mk3 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 am

Rench wrote:Another year. A special solstice this year, as I find myself spilling a drink on 66 in downstate Illinois.

-Rench

She feels gooood doesn't she? That mother road...

I did a bunch of stuff with the kiddo, still waiting on a clutch cable though for the 2up 2 wheeler
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby greasy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:31 pm

the summer solstice tradition in seattle is to sacrifice clothing, not beer. people ride their bicycles naked here on the 21st. a lot of them wear paint. it can be a bit brutal on the eyes, all the butts with bike seats up their cracks.

i sacrificed some cider, and a bit of vodka. as i dont care for beer anymore. its only a sacrifice if its something you like, right?
motorcycles.
greasy
Will Riot For Gum

BANNER!:
Vietnam

Postby 2XSL » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 am

pontaic solstice chevy equinox
2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Postby Zim » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Having been the biggest day of Laconia Motorcycle Week, I got on the bike and went in any direction away from the festivities. Before embarking, I made a kick-ass sandwich, bagged a dill and Sun Chips (not in the same bag), and a soda. The intent for the day was to ride back roads and look for a nice place for a picnic lunch.

I barely saw another motorcycle on the roads. Most were, I suppose, to be found at Weirs Beach with it's merriment, leather, angels from hell, t-shirts for sale, and parking of motorcycles. Because parking your motorcycle is more funner than riding it.

I dual-sported the dual sport, finding Class IV roads (basically discontinued dirt roads, some of which can be gnarly), regular dirt roads, and twisty bits of asphalt. I ended up at the Army Corps of Engineers Blackwater Dam Flood Control Project. A little side road to a picnic area, and:

Old mill site, sound of water bubbling and babbling, not another sole around. The Sun Chips had turned to dust with all the jostling, but the kick-ass sandwich got even more kick-assy with flavor melding. I made sure to open the soda slowly. Then some more riding.

That night, I was the boorish party in a marital/parental disagreement, after which I relegated myself to the couch and frittered the rest of the solstice snoring atop two un-cushy cushions. Yay me.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby greasy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 am

Zim wrote:Having been the biggest day of Laconia Motorcycle Week, I got on the bike and went in any direction away from the festivities. Before embarking, I made a kick-ass sandwich, bagged a dill and Sun Chips (not in the same bag), and a soda. The intent for the day was to ride back roads and look for a nice place for a picnic lunch.

I barely saw another motorcycle on the roads. Most were, I suppose, to be found at Weirs Beach with it's merriment, leather, angels from hell, t-shirts for sale, and parking of motorcycles. Because parking your motorcycle is more funner than riding it.

I dual-sported the dual sport, finding Class IV roads (basically discontinued dirt roads, some of which can be gnarly), regular dirt roads, and twisty bits of asphalt. I ended up at the Army Corps of Engineers Blackwater Dam Flood Control Project. A little side road to a picnic area, and:

Old mill site, sound of water bubbling and babbling, not another sole around. The Sun Chips had turned to dust with all the jostling, but the kick-ass sandwich got even more kick-assy with flavor melding. I made sure to open the soda slowly. Then some more riding.

That night, I was the boorish party in a marital/parental disagreement, after which I relegated myself to the couch and frittered the rest of the solstice snoring atop two un-cushy cushions. Yay me.

the 1st part sounds awesome. i have the day off, might do the same...
motorcycles.
greasy
Will Riot For Gum

BANNER!:
Vietnam

Postby Rench » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:23 am

If you're reading this in the northern hemisphere, you've survived the longest night of the year. Congratulations!! :mrgreen:

Now begins the slow march of lengthening days until on the very longest one, i, for one, will be drunk somewhere in Denver by sunset.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby Mk3 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:08 pm

I was too damn sick to walk yesterday, let alone ride. But today i got in my solstice ride, and with the power of my mighty heatgun and mightier hammer, bludgeoned my topbox into a form that will allow simultaneous use of the sideboxes (tiny oversight on my part whilst concocting the topbox).
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby Rench » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:44 pm

"For now, these hot days, is the mad blood stirring"

Ride angry in the coming Dog Days, Benvolio commands it!!!

Happy longest day, enjoy what you can...

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Re:

Postby DerGolgo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:03 am

Zer0 wrote:
Zim wrote:But no zombies. Where are the damn zombies?!

They were all out here, Zim, a messload, but my oldest boy Zer0 2.0 and I killed every last one of those mushheads last night. It was beautiful. And necessary.

Huh.
I just got an email from an ostensible 3rd party. She was concerned about the broken link here and asked me if I could fix it, replace it with a link to what she claims is an existing free version of the game, while the original linked here has been disabled due to Popcap being bought out be EA.
I strongly suspect it's just some fucking spammer trying to lure people to a malicious website, though. I AM looking forward to see what she says as to how she found this.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby DerGolgo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:38 am

And I just got the notification from the Mailer Daemon that the reply I sent her couldn't be delivered.
So it would seem "she" was probably spoofing that email address, and the link she sent me is almost certainly utterly toxic.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Rench » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Traditions have been kept. And tomorrow we start turning back towards the light.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby Bigshankhank » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:02 am

I sacrificed a live animal. Best I could come up with on short notice.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby Jaeger » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 am

Happy Solstice, y'all! :)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Rides