BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Re: BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

Postby jae » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 am

motorpsycho67 wrote: :shock:

Is that good or bad? Someone actually posted a picture of it here before I ever joined... in fact a google image search result of my own bike is how I found this place to begin with.

guitargeek wrote:Image

Just sayin'...
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.
jae
Magnum Jihad

BANNER!:
US Texas

Postby Jaeger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:27 am

Anybody else see this one?

Motoinno TS3 Prototype Test

WTF is with that front end? The author of the story is very complimentary of the bike itself, but I still don't get the geometry of it.

LOTS MORE PIX AND STORY HERE

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Jaeger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:02 am

Anybody else see this?

SNOW PATROL: AN EX-MILITARY HUSQVARNA 256 WITH SKIS

BikeEXIF wrote:Mention vintage Husqvarna dirt bikes, and the legendary Cross 400 immediately springs to mind. But Johan Nordin of 6/5/4 Motors has managed to get his hands on something even more rare and quirky.

He’s managed to score a Husqvarna 256—a bike that was developed in 1968 specifically for the Swedish defence force. Only a thousand were ever produced, and all of them were sold by the early 80s.

MORE PIX AND STORY HERE

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Bigshankhank » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:39 am

Waiting for GG to complain about the chunky tires and flat seat...
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby Mk3 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:58 am

Jaeger wrote:Anybody else see this one?

WTF is with that front end? The author of the story is very complimentary of the bike itself, but I still don't get the geometry of it.

--Jaeger

I believe that is a version of a zero dive front end, that pushes the wheel forward instead of down when under load.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby guitargeek » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:Waiting for GG to complain about the chunky tires and flat seat...

Why? It's a dirt bike!
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby guitargeek » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:33 pm

::ahem::

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16621436

Mk3 wrote:
Jaeger wrote:Anybody else see this one?

--Jaeger

I believe that is a version of a zero dive front end, that pushes the wheel forward instead of down when under load.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby Jaeger » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:13 am

guitargeek wrote:::ahem::

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16621436

Well, ain't you a schmarty pants. :mrgreen:

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby motorpsycho67 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:57 am

Wish I could post a png file...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Postby red » Wed May 03, 2017 10:10 am

I've got the air cooled duc lust pretty bad...

791761b1d31d4c2fdc7e23739ea65a71 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby DerGolgo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
This, however...is downright inspiring!

I might be impressed if it weren't a CAD drawing....

This one ain't photoshop, though:
It's a ... very much a chopper. But the engine is mounted as it is:
19143305_1530595940335797_6166695161253426532_o.jpg

This is where it cometh from, a gentleman by the name of Gary Frith
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:25 pm

PLAYING CHICKEN. A Nitrous Indian Scout Sprinter by Young Guns

Pipeburn wrote:A headless chicken earning $50,000 a month, a female racer beating up on the boys and an Indian Scout with a 1:1 power to weight ratio. These are not old wives tales, stories from someone three sheets to the wind or plucked from an episode of Ripley’s Believe It or Not. All these things are true and they form the foundation of one incredible machine that took home the top trophy at its first race meeting. Having been selected by Indian to undertake the build Nik, Fabien Ale and Zesi at Switzerland’s Young Guns Speed Shop haven’t let down the big American maker. Delivering a tyre shredding 2016 Indian Scout Sprint Racer known fondly as ‘Miracle Mike’.

On the scales the Scout had shed nearly 50kg with a final weight of 198kg fully loaded with just the engine tuning to go. Swissauto’s rolling road was chosen with 150hp achieved before clutch slip intervened. A little work more and two solid days of power runs resulted in a mammoth 185 ponies at the back tyre. Accounting for drive train loss that’s an easy 200hp at the crank and the first Indian Scout to reach the magic 1:1 power to weight ratio. Arriving at the Essenza sprint races the YGSS pulled a swifty on the crowd putting former 250cc GP rider Katja Poensgen in the saddle. She blitzed the field destroying all comers, earning Indian and Young Guns Speed Shop the top trophy and once again Miracle Mike had all and sundry running around celebrating like headless chooks.

LINK

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Jaeger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:47 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Indian MoCo Press Release wrote:The Scout FTR750, which won the first eight races of the season and has captured 22 of 27 podiums this season, has been running in a class of its own and has clearly established a reputation as the most dominant race-bike the sport has ever seen. To celebrate Indian’s return to the sport, and the dominant performance by the Indian Wrecking Crew, Indian Motorcycle will offer a limited-edition, individually-numbered Scout FTR750. Fans and collectors can now purchase one of these stunning machines as part of a limited run of 50 bikes being sold by Indian this year. In addition to collecting a piece of flat track racing history, buyers will receive an incredible once-in-a-lifetime riding experience with their favorite Wrecking Crew rider.

LINK TO MO.COM STORY

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Jaeger » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:09 am

OK, it's not a bike but... but... well:

Engine: 8-liter, quad-turbo W-16
Transmission: 7-speed dual-clutch automatic
Horsepower: 1,479
Torque: 1,180 lb-ft
0-60: 2.5 seconds
Top speed: 261 mph
MSRP: $2,998,000 (base)

...not what you'd call a grocery-getter, and I don't see how I can fit that in the family budget, but... HOLY FUCK!

LINK TO STORY

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby DerGolgo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:02 am

Jaeger wrote:MSRP: $2,998,000 (base)

That better come with cupholders and voice-command AC, I'll be damned if I have to pay extra and roll off the lot a penny over $3mil!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Bo_9 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:55 pm

Holy crap biscuits!
These guys:

Are making a motorbike- http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/ace/
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Postby DerGolgo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:12 am

It's pretty.
It's about damn time.
It's ... not specified what the dry weight actually is.
Are they maybe embarrassed?

I'd suggest they've been trying to build a motorcycle all this time. They just now gave up on their innovative chassis-design, chose the orthodox 2-wheel arrangement to save weight. But haven't saved as much as they'd like.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby red » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 am

No more square four?

red

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby DerGolgo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Nopes, the Squariel got dodoed a long, long time ago.
Even though they were so pretty ... so bizzare, left field, and pretty ...
353065452_7ece166b0f22-08-2010-0009.jpg

ariel.sq4.bob.207-06-2010-0115.jpg

3426817148_6c996acb10_o07-06-2010-0079.jpg

xxariel.sq4.fbed07-06-2010-0116.jpg

In the 60s, the owners of a motorcycle garage laid their hands on a few dozen left-over squariel mills and built a low-volume production bike, the Healy 1000/4.
Comparatively low powered. But so light, the power/weight ratio of a Japanese 250 two-smoke, or so I recall reading, combined with the cultured running of a low-compression four-pot kilo-bike. 52hp@6k rpm, 355 pounds (161 kg) (dry).
Healey-1000-4_gif07-06-2010-0003.jpg

Healey-1000-4-(2)_gif07-06-2010-0002.jpg

Healey407-06-2010-0004.jpg

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:05 am

DerGolgo wrote:Nopes, the Squariel got dodoed a long, long time ago.

In the 60s, the owners of a motorcycle garage laid their hands on a few dozen left-over squariel mills and built a low-volume production bike, the Healy 1000/4.
Comparatively low powered. But so light, the power/weight ratio of a Japanese 250 two-smoke, or so I recall reading, combined with the cultured running of a low-compression four-pot kilo-bike. 52hp@6k rpm, 355 pounds (161 kg) (dry).

See, that's where I'm confused -- they got "dodoed" but they could put out 52HP at under 400lbs in the 60s? What was the intrinsic problem?

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby DerGolgo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:57 am

The Healey hit the market in 1971, I was mistaken there.
Ariel had stopped making motorcycles in 1967. But by that time, they had been all over small-displacement two-smokes. They had stopped making four-bangers, and the Squariel, in 1959.
Their last model had delivered only 40hp, or 45 according to another source and that had been enough to create the problems that had made the engine notorious. 425lbs, that last Squariel, btw.

The square-four wasn't exactly a "thermally well behaved" engine. You got two cylinders and their half of the cylinder head getting airflow. And the rest don't get that.
Like I said, power/weight of a Japanese 2 smoke 250. Or the then current Honda CB250, apparently.
But with a British four-stroke that had already been notorious to be ... difficult, at 40hp. And they tuned it to 52. With a hot cam and increased compression. Stock compression had been a bit warm, they went all the way up to ... 7.5:1.
You'd get 52hp for a few minutes maybe. And then you'd probably get knocking.
All in an Egli frame, which in and off itself is a hotness. But that engine was hotter.
Or you could buy a Honda. Which weighed like twice what the Healey did, without having twice the power.
But what power it did have, the Honda would deliver, when requested, without complaining.

The Healey, meanwhile, was built from leftover bits from a manufacturer that would no longer provide new spares, by a pair of brothers in a back-alley garage who's marketing budget was maybe enough to buy someone a pint. Probably more like a half-pint, actually.
Britain in the 70s. You've seen Life on Mars? Electricity shortages, 3 day work week, strikes, unemployment, you name it. The British economy was in the toilet, Norton-Viliers-Triumph was selling off BSA. The Japanese invasion was taking over the US market, and also all other markets, for that matter. I'm impressed they managed to build and sell as many as 13.

Were I to suddenly inherit a billion tomorrow and get my eyesight and reflexes back. You can bet I'd find one of these. You want to impress a motorcycle nerd with unobtanium, there's three or four machines that come to mind.

The "white Mars", the proverbial unobtanium here in Germany. Which is a Maybach-engine bike from the 20s and is boring. Saw one up close and was left unimpressed.

The VanVeen OCR1000, first production bike with digital ignition (in 1978!), with the Comotor two-rotor Wankel engine.
Only 38 were ever built. Until another 10 were made. Someone managed to track down all the spare parts and stuff that had been left over after the factory had closed, bought the lot and built another ten bikes. How you'd get a carburetted, 1978 vintage Wankel engine, which had been notorious for emissions even then, through the emissions tests for 2011. Unless they put the parts in previously registered frames of some other marque, the inspector would never even get to the entirely illegally loud exhaust, or that no tire maker offers any tires with a release for that model.

The aforementioned Healy 1000/4. 13 were ever made. It's likely that a few were destroyed in crashes, or left to rot somewhere, misidentified as "some idiot tried to build a cafe racer from a squariel".

Only unobtaniumer that I'm aware of is the VanVeen OCR1100. Increased displacement (or whatever you call that in a Wankel) and fuel injection. The production run ended after ... one. Built for an actual oil-sheikh, if memory serves.
Not a mere custom-job, though. It got the official model-designation and all.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby xtian » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:15 pm

I suppose you all know that the ariel is a buffed up honda vfr1200 engine.
I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Postby Jaeger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:11 pm

xtian wrote:I suppose you all know that the ariel is a buffed up honda vfr1200 engine.

That makes sense, the engine in the Atom is a tricked-out Civic R mill.

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Jaeger » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 am

Rench, you gotta go find this guy. It's a Buell Blast from hell. He apparently built this in his apartment.

LINK TO STORY AND MORE PIX

Also, here's this SR400 from hell:

LINK TO SR400 STORY AND MORE PIX

(It's thumper day today?)

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby red » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Jaeger wrote:

--Jaeger

Dammit, I just got over my fixation for this bike and here you go flaunting these saucy images.

I'll be in my bunk.
red

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby xtian » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:40 am

I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Postby DerGolgo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:06 am

That is pretty!
Very pretty!
But is it just fancy new bits bolted to the old 'wing, or is the frame new, too?
Couldn't find a weight, either. Is the weight mentioned at all?

EDIT: Ah, found the English!
https://vavato.com/en/#!/auctions/59831233dbebf/lots/5
No mention of weight or hp, though ... or at least none that I can find.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:06 am

...that used to be a Goldwing?

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby DerGolgo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Jaeger wrote:...that used to be a Goldwing?

--Jaeger

In the showroom, it'd have looked something like this:

The frame of that custom job xtian posted does look rather stock to me.

It's bizarre how the Goldwing has changed ... it was a bit of a big blunderbuss in its first incarnation, surely.
But the air-conditioned spaceship it has now become ... the current wing has, from wat I understand, actual airbags ...

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Uh, guys?

The MV Agusta RVS #1

LINK TO MO.COM STORY AND GOBS MORE PIX HERE

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Rides