BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Re: BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

Postby Jaeger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:47 am

This makes me happy.

BikeEXIF wrote: The Quail Gathering is the motorcycle equivalent of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance: a world-class display of rarified exotica and immaculate restorations, plus a few jaw-dropping customs to spice up the mix.

To win an award at The Quail is no easy achievement. But this year, Niki Smart’s incredible Honda XL500-based special won not one, but two trophies: the Custom/Modified category, plus the ‘Design and Style’ award presented by Arch Motorcycles...

MORE PIX AND ARTICLE HERE

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby DerGolgo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:55 am

Jaeger wrote:This makes me happy.

Quite.
This is way prettier than anything with an 80 y.o. suspension layout has any right to be.

...or so I thought!

Upon closer inspection (and, for a change, before posting, so I don't have to jump down the edithole like I usually would).
THAT'S A FLIPPIN MONOSHOCK-SWING?!

And just because it wouldn't be me if I didn't find another thing I wanted to say only after debauchery.

That there is design-talent. It's style and, dare I say it, art.
Yes, yes, I know, making so much effort just for the pretty and to actually hide modern technological features behind antique lines, just for the sake of looks, what a waste, yadda, yadda.
I don't give a fuck. Not a hoot, nor a holler, and certainly not a shit.
The skill to make this. The sheer, brute, armor-piercing, trans-lunar-injection, mad skill. To make that look like it does. Even to just conceive it. And not just to conceive it, but to realize it, the way it was realized here.
Mad props. Long time since a custom bike has made me feel all funny like this does.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm

DerGolgo wrote:...
The skill to make this. The sheer, brute, armor-piercing, trans-lunar-injection, mad skill. To make that look like it does. Even to just conceive it. And not just to conceive it, but to realize it, the way it was realized here.
Mad props. Long time since a custom bike has made me feel all funny like this does.

Yeah, well said. I've obviously slowed down in my posting on this thread, but damnnation if that didn't warrant it. That thing is HAWT.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby problemaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:56 pm

NSU Quickly - what a funky, cute thing. Of course I like a rat vs. a clean restored item...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz71rSdh3Jt/?igshid=1sw4f82aii7np
problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby DerGolgo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:11 pm

problemaddict wrote:NSU Quickly - what a funky, cute thing. Of course I like a rat vs. a clean restored item...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz71rSdh3Jt/?igshid=1sw4f82aii7np

Back when I read a number of potatoist vintage-bike rags, the Quickly would be mentioned in some place in every issue of any of those that I'd read. That thing was like the Volkswagen Beetle of two-wheeled transportation. An utterly unreasonable number of them had been made, and sold, and ridden. Near indestructible (by the standards of the time), easy to operate, and with the step-through for women wearing dresses (obviously, women wearing pants were unmentionable in those days). The sort of thing that'd be at every single vintage bike show, and in some number.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Macchina Estrema: Simone Conti’s radical Aprilia SXV550

BikeEXIF wrote: In the custom world, Simone Conti marches to the beat of a different drum. He’s not into retro throwbacks, old school vibes or stealthy upgrades. He builds fast, aggressive-looking machines that look like they’ve just rolled out of a NASA design center.

His new build is based around the motor from an Aprilia SXV550, and that’s a good thing. “It’s a very beautiful and small engine,” Simone tells us....

A SHIT-TON MORE PIX AND STORY HERE AT BIKE EXIF

That's the same mill that's in the Aprilla 5.5, yes? When comparing the two, someone (Tre, I think) once said "The Aprillia 4.5 wheelies whenever you want it to. The 5.5 wheelies whenever it wants to."

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Jaeger » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:21 pm

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby red » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Jaeger wrote:Le Sexxah

MORE PIX AND ARTICLE AT BIKE EXIF HERE

--Jaeger

Oooohhhh!!!

(insert fapping gif here [i'm on my work pc]).
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby DerGolgo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:43 am

Mr. Leno went and took the ABC for a ride.
So ABC is "A Bike Company". If that was mentioned earlier, I don't remember. But dangit, that was what I was gonna call my motorcycle company! :lol:

phpBB [media]

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:12 am

DerGolgo wrote:Mr. Leno went and took the ABC for a ride.
So ABC is "A Bike Company". If that was mentioned earlier, I don't remember. But dangit, that was what I was gonna call my motorcycle company! :lol:

That thing is HAWT. :shock:

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Jaeger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:16 am

I don't know if this is the prettiest/sexiest motorbike out there, but... holy FUCK!

Pipeburn wrote:It’s the most powerful production motorcycle ever produced, nothing else even comes close, but this missile on two-wheels is more than just the sum of its parts. The brainchild of Australian race engineer Paul Maloney, who spent two decades in the paddocks of the world’s premier racing categories, the PGMV8 is the ultimate street bike he came back to the Victorian bush to build. The carbon bodied, road-legal machine is a mechanical masterpiece, packing 334hp from its signature 2.0l V8. So to get the inside word, Pipeburn spent considerable time over the last six months getting to know the man and his machine...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

LINK TO MORE STORY AND PIX AT PIPEBURN HERE

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby DerGolgo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:04 am

^^^Jeebus!!

It looks a very little familiar. In the 1990s or thereabouts, there was a glorious nutjob in Australia building V8 cycles based on Yamaha fours, with a trellis-ish frame that this here reminds me of.
Didn't have all the horsepower, left a few for everybody else, unlike this greedy bugger. So now I want to make sure I'm not having a false memory. To the googles!

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby DerGolgo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:15 am

Ha, found it, first try!

Phil Aynsley on mcnews.com wrote:To date four 1000cc bikes have been built (one in naked bike form) with the price being approximately US$100,000 depending on customer requirements. Power is 154hp at 12,200rpm. Weight (oil, no fuel) is 210kg, with a top speed of 270km/h.

Article: https://www.mcnews.com.au/drysdale-1000 ... l-aynsley/

The article is dated 2017, which terrified me for a moment. I was sure I knew this from back when I was still using bloody Netscape. Also, a "production" bike running on ... carbs? Doesn't quite fit 2017, that's definitely in the Keto era of motorcycles.
But reading a bit, I'm relieved.
Phil Aynsley on mcnews.com wrote:In 1995 he built his first V8, a 750cc design, then followed that up four years later with the 1000cc version seen here.

It's a good thing I'm relieved about that, because I'll be busy the rest of the day, worrying about having had to look up the spelling for "relieved". :o

Maybe the dulcet tones of Mr. Drysdale's 750 V8 will bring me relief about my inability to spell the verb form thereof:
phpBB [media]

While searching for the same, this one came up, also.
It dare say, the Drysdale sounds better, to my ears. Modern muffler make magnificently melodious motorcycles much more mundane.
phpBB [media]

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby xtian » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:39 pm

154hp, that's about what a stock restricted ducati multistrada pulls out of its 1200cc V2 for $20.000 nowadays. What a time to be alive.
I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Previous

Return to Rants & Rides