Tag Game

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Postby cjp » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:58 am

Does a gypsy wagon count?

Not sure if a wagon counts as a vehicle, no matter how utilitarious.

If not, I'll go look for something self-propelled. :)

goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp
Western WA. Wandering Dervish

Postby cjp » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Okay, here is my Wachadoo utility vehicle:

And a new tag that I think everyone can get behind:

Disobeying posted signage!

goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby Zim » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Dammit #1! I've been searching all over for a whackadoo utility vehicle. A few years ago, those minitrucks were all over the place for sale. Now I can't find them anywhere. Only saw a Mitsubishi near the Vermont border, but it was on the road, on the move, and going the opposite direction. :x

Dammit #2! I've got the perfect "disobeying posted signage" tag, but the bike is currently not running as I wait for a valve cover gasket! :x
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby Zim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Ok, either someone took pity and let me run with this (in which case you'll be sorely disappointed), or no one wants to play this game.

Anyway... Disobeying posted signage:

Suck it, authorities!

Now, ADVRider Tag O Rama rules (at least NH rules) state that you have 36 hours to post the new tag. Same goes here? If no, you may (politely, I'm fragile) tell me to fuck off.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby cjp » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 pm

No way that bike weighs over 3 tons.

I don't know if there has been any stipulation as to how soon you have to post the next one, but 36 hrs seems fair enough to me.

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby Zim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:33 am

Brrr! 50°F this morning, 1.25 hours, and I'm thoroughly chilled!

New Tag:

A full-size model of Mercury–Redstone 3 at the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord, NH.

The Mercury-Redstone 3, MR-3 or Freedom 7 spaceflight was the first human spaceflight by USA and took place on 5 May, 1961, with Alan Shepard as the astronaut.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby Rock » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:03 am

Zim wrote:Brrr! 50°F this morning, 1.25 hours, and I'm thoroughly chilled!

Bucket of grundle sweat headed to you too......

Also nice find!
Rock
Superfudge!

Postby Zim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:30 am

Rock wrote:
Zim wrote:Brrr! 50°F this morning, 1.25 hours, and I'm thoroughly chilled!

Bucket of grundle sweat headed to you too......

You've been generously gifting that lately, and I'm wondering if you might have perineal hyperhidrosis (excessive grundle sweating). In 2009, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the use of Botulinum toxin (Botox) in treatment of hyperhidrosis. As an added benefit, the treatment may reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your grundle.

Your doctor can help decide what's right for you.

BOTOX® (onabotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used:

* to treat leakage of urine (incontinence) in adults with overactive bladder due to neurologic disease who still have leakage or experience too many side effects after trying an anticholinergic medication in people 18 years and older
* to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraine who have 15 or more days each month with headache lasting 4 or more hours each day in people 18 years or older
* to treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, and finger muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
* to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in people 16 years and older
* to treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in people 12 years and older

BOTOX® is also injected into the skin to treat the symptoms of severe underarm sweating (severe primary axillary hyperhidrosis) when medicines used on the skin (topical) do not work well enough in people 18 years and older.

BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).

It is not known whether BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic is safe or effective to prevent headaches in patients with migraine who have 14 or fewer headache days each month (episodic migraine).

It is not known whether BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic is safe or effective to treat increased stiffness in upper-limb muscles other than those in the elbow, wrist, and fingers, or to treat increased stiffness in lower-limb muscles. BOTOX® has not been shown to help people perform task-specific functions with their upper limbs or increase movement in joints that are permanently fixed in position by stiff muscles. Treatment with BOTOX® is not meant to replace your existing physical therapy or other rehabilitation that your doctor may have prescribed.

It is not known whether BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic are safe or effective for severe sweating anywhere other than your armpits.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems any time (hours to weeks) after injection of BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic:

* Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, due to weakening of associated muscles, can be severe and result in loss of life. You are at the highest risk if these problems are pre-existing before injection. Swallowing problems may last for several months
* Spread of toxin effects. The effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms including: loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice (dysphonia), trouble saying words clearly (dysarthria), loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities

There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect away from the injection site when BOTOX® has been used at the recommended dose to treat chronic migraine, severe underarm sweating, blepharospasm, strabismus, or when BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines.

Do not take BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic if you: are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® (see Medication Guide for ingredients); had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA), or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA); have a skin infection at the planned injection site.

Do not take BOTOX® for the treatment of urinary incontinence if you: have a urinary tract infection (UTI) or cannot empty your bladder on your own and are not routinely catheterizing.

The dose of BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic is not the same as, or comparable to, another botulinum toxin product.

Serious and/or immediate allergic reactions have been reported. These reactions include itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you experience any such symptoms; further injection of BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic should be discontinued.

Tell your doctor about all your muscle or nerve conditions such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease), myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, as you may be at increased risk of serious side effects including severe dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) and respiratory compromise (difficulty breathing) from typical doses of BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic.

Tell your doctor if you have any breathing-related problems. Your doctor will want to monitor you for any breathing problems during your treatment with BOTOX® for upper limb spasticity or for detrusor overactivity associated with a neurologic condition.

Cornea problems have been reported. Cornea (surface of the eye) problems have been reported in some people receiving BOTOX® for their blepharospasm, especially in people with certain nerve disorders. BOTOX® may cause the eyelids to blink less, which could lead to the surface of the eye being exposed to air more than is usual. Tell your doctor if you experience any problems with your eyes while receiving BOTOX®. Your doctor may treat your eyes with drops, ointments, contact lenses, or with an eye patch.

Bleeding behind the eye has been reported. Bleeding behind the eyeball has been reported in some people receiving BOTOX® for their strabismus. Tell your doctor if you notice any new visual problems while receiving BOTOX®.

Bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infections (common colds) have been reported. Bronchitis was reported more frequently in people receiving BOTOX® for their upper limb spasticity. Upper respiratory infections (common colds) were also reported more frequently in people with prior breathing-related problems.

Human albumin and spread of viral diseases. BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic contains albumin, a protein component of human blood. The potential risk of spreading viral diseases (eg, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease [CJD]) via human serum albumin is extremely rare. No cases of viral diseases or CJD have ever been reported in association with human serum albumin.

Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including if you have: plans to have surgery; had surgery on your face; weakness of forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows; drooping eyelids; any other abnormal facial change; have symptoms of a urinary tract infection (UTI) and are being treated for urinary incontinence. Symptoms of a urinary tract infection may include pain or burning with urination, frequent urination, or fever; have problems emptying your bladder on your own and are being treated for urinary incontinence; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby); are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk).

Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Using BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic in the past.

Especially tell your doctor if you: have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months; have received injections of botulinum toxin such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past (be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received); have recently received an antibiotic by injection; take muscle relaxants; take an allergy or cold medicine; take a sleep medicine; take anti-platelets (aspirin-like products) or anti-coagulants (blood thinners).

Other side effects of BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic include: dry mouth, discomfort or pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, neck pain, and eye problems: double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes; urinary tract infection and/or inability to empty your bladder on your own (in people being treated for urinary incontinence).

For more information refer to the Medication Guide or talk with your doctor.

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby xtian » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 pm

any member in Kazakhstan ?
I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Postby cjp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Challenge met:

New Challenge, just for Joe: A garage door!

(it has to have some sort of civil service markings, like police or fire )

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby Zim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:29 pm

cjp wrote:Challenge met:

I did some Gahooguling after posting up the pic of my big white rocket with the red tip and figured The Fremont Rocket would probably be the retaliation. This is turning into an East Coast/West Coast thang. Well, more like a U.S. vs. cjp thang.

Next time my shit gets it, tho, Imma open this motherfucker up world-wide with my new tag! Mwahahahaahhaha!
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby cjp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:31 pm

I'll defend the predictable use of the Fremont rocket by saying that I wasn't sure how many other options were out there for people, so I figured I'd do my best to keep it all going.

All for the common good, you see... no self aggrandizement here. 8)

I just like finding things to tag. :)

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby Zim » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43 pm

cjp wrote:New Challenge, just for Joe: A garage door!

(it has to have some sort of civil service markings, like police or fire )

Ahem... Joe, calling blackjoe to the black courtesy posting.

I'm looking. There's plenty of doors with civil service markings around the door, but nothing like the fine example shown with markings on the door. That's some snazzy painting there.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Re: Tag Game

Postby cjp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Joe! Pull your finger out!

Or someone else, get on it. 8)

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby problemaddict » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 am

go buy a can of spray paint ya pansy!! Whats the name of this Cult again? :evil:
problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby cjp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:15 am

Post office?

DOT road crew garages?

Animal Control? :)

Natl. Guard Post?

Bus Depot?

Municpal grounds keepers?

:D

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby cjp » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

*crickets*

Duae Rotae Optimae
cjp

Postby piccini9 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 am

... and done.

How does this game work?
Adding pink and unicorns makes everything better.
-roadmissile

Treatment may include things like riding motorcycles and crocheting… whatever it takes to counteract the deleterious effects of existence. - Rolly
piccini9
Everybody dies. It's a love story.

Postby Zim » Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 am

The game! Saved by flat blackness!

Ride your bike to a new landmark, take picture of bike and landmark together, post. Some schlub here will attempt to find a similar landmark, take picture of their bike and landmark together, post. Then it's their turn to find something new. And so on.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby piccini9 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 am

Cool. I'm gonna go up to Bear Mountain. or High Point, and get a shot of the bike with the Big Stone Tower. Or find an Obelisk, or something. Back later. :D
-roadmissile

Treatment may include things like riding motorcycles and crocheting… whatever it takes to counteract the deleterious effects of existence. - Rolly
piccini9

Postby piccini9 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:41 am

High Point New Jersey.

Go to the highest point in a state, or find a big fucking obelisk. Your choice. And for you Colorado people, I know the highest point is some huge fucking mountain. So highest passable road is fine. And if you want to give me shit about the highest point in Jersey being a tiny little foothill...
Have you ever seen an Ocean? Huh? Have you? :P
-roadmissile

piccini9

Postby Zim » Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm

That's quite the obelisk you got there, fella.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby Whiskeywrist » Fri May 03, 2013 7:57 pm

New Jersey is SUPER happy to see you, Pete.
================================
2014 Aprilia Tuono
Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Postby piccini9 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:33 am

Dick jokes are always funny.
-roadmissile

piccini9

Postby Zim » Sat May 04, 2013 9:47 am

Mine's bigger.

Bennington Battle Monument, Bennington, VT.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby Zim » Sat May 04, 2013 4:17 pm

New Tag: Penstock

This one is in Searsburg, VT, running 3.5 miles, built with 3 million board feet of treated Douglas Fir.

Extra points (redeemable nowhere) if you post a wood stave penstock.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby piccini9 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:48 am

I thought you lived way up in Maine somewhere. Did you ride to Bennington yesterday?
-roadmissile

piccini9

Postby Zim » Sun May 05, 2013 5:48 am

Sirs Sisyphus and My Little Pony are the Mainers, I'm in central New Hampshire.

Although I did take a direct route to Bennington (read: boring), I wandered back home over awesome little roads. Made for a nice 350 mile day.
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby Zim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi? Anyone?
Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby nate » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:35 pm

While not nearly as awe inspiring as Zim's massive wooden pipe, here's mine.

New target, ORV bridge.

The bridge photo was taken a few weeks back, I'll snag one of the larger bridge tommorrow.
And he thought that, had he been wearing his guns, he may well have drawn one and put a bullet into her cold and whoring little heart.
nate
Maltov Rattlecan

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Rides