Ragnarök 2015: 6/21-27 (In progress!!)

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Ragnarök 2015: 6/21-27 (In progress!!)

Postby Rench » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 am

UPDATES IN THIS POST BELOW TO KEEP THEM FRONT AND CENTER!!!

phpBB [media]

(with thanks to all those I stole images from, and apologies if you didn't consider them all that public domain :mrgreen: )

WE ARE BOOKED!!!

The official dates and location are 6/22-6/27, http://eagles-nest-lodge-and-hunt-club.comCedaredge, CO.

We are still trying to set something up for Sunday 6/21 evening in Denver (a la the DAG last time), as tribute to the start of this disOrganization, and a convenient BIG place to meet before heading up into the mountains for the week of shenaniganary.

We have the ENTIRE campsite rented out, there will be no one there but ootmiks and our invitees.

Speaking of rented, the cost is $130 per person (that's 5 nights, probably a bed, bbq's, fireplaces, showers, toilets, extra porta-potties for the size of the group, etc). We need 30 folks to break even, anyone after that the money goes to a slush fund which will be figured out later (IE: cash rebates for everyone on arrival, group food and/or booze, etc). There will be no profit though, I promise, we have a year to figure out the overages. Thumper reminded me I have a PayPal account. Please include Board name in the notes. Paypal to: reno9114@yahoo.com. If you aren't paypal-friendly, shoot me a PM or text, we'll figure it out (ate-for-slevin, 312, SLAY).

Along with renting the whole damn place, we have all campgrounds, cabins and their beds for our use. The cabins are as follows (cabin name, number of beds in it, how many taken):

Bull Fever (2) (2 taken)

Mountain Man (2) (2 taken)

Lazy Hunter (4) (4 taken)

Free Eagle (4) (2 taken)

Bighorn (8)

Lodge (16) (13+ taken)

I'm already getting requests for specific arrangements. I'm perfectly willing to go first-come, first-served, just so we fill them all. After that, I think we should be able, through just a sense of community and understanding, work with eachother. If you have no preference or traveling solo, you'll get put in the lodge until things fill up and this becomes a serious discussion.

AGAIN, I am always open to input. You guys either think I'm doing swimmingly well or think I'm an unapproachable dictator based on the feedback I've gotten so far. :mrgreen:

UPDATE 10/29: small cabins are filling up! Anyone that still wants in, PM or text me soon!

UPDATE 10/17: Just going through my Rag15 notes and I've found, somewhat startlingly, that out of the 20 people who have given definite "Yes's" in this thread, half have already paid! Woohoo!!! :mrgreen:

However, 20 people does not a Ragnarok make. For those that weren't there last time, it was as epic as you can possibly imagine. for those that were, hey, lightning can strike twice! I'm double posting this at the front of the thread too to save the digging time. A little over 8 months to go!!

UPDATE 2/12: We're up to 26+ confirmed, still about 10 paid :mrgreen: I won't cry too much until June, I promise. I'm getting more texts and PM's about it, which is awesome. Don't anyone hesitate to shoot me a message or call or whatever, and please keep spreding the owrd. Does anyone remember the exactheadcount last time? I thought we were well over 50. Just sayin'...

Update 4/24: at the bottom of the thread we're starting to kick around ideas for the Denver party, like the DAG last time, and Mtne has even offered the DAG again!!!! There were some early volunteers with ideas about the welcome gathering, but I'm having trouble coordinating with them from 1000 miles away. Can anyone help shake some trees and maybe even kinda take the lead on this idea?

Also, I'm going to contact the campground today and pay off the balance. As such, and I hate to be that guy, I'm going to be sending out PM's to folks who've said they're coming but haven't pitched in yet. I'd rather not, but many people have put in and it's kind of unfair to take money from some, but not expect from all, ya know?

At the same time, I absolutely don't want anyone staying home because they don't have the $130 for the campground. Some of our early payers have kicked in extra as a kind of Rag Scholarship in case someone needs a hand. Please PM me directly if it would make the difference for your trip!

Update 5/11: the campground wants to know if we want catered in BBQ? $9.50/head, and I can throw our slush fund at it and probably get it down to $5 each. They suggested a midweek and end of week deal. 2 meals, roughly $10 extra out of pocket. Thoughts? And I need em quick, they order about a month ahead.

Update 5/22: HOLY SHIT!!!! 4 weeks out!!! Oil: old. Battery: tired. Tires: meh. Lumbar: could be better. LEts get ready to hit the road!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Rench
Last edited by Rench on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 20 times in total.
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Re: Who's in?

Postby guitargeek » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am

Shit yeah, let's do this!
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby red » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am

Same spot?

I sure as hell hope I'm in! I have what, roughly a year and a half?

Is it still illegal to sell your own organs?
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby DerGolgo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 am

I'm afraid DOOM14 is about all I will manage to participate in in the foreseeable future. But I've made this a global announcement for the time being, I will reduce it to a sticky in maybe a week or so. Why? I'm unpredictable! :mrgreen:
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 am

Oooooh... oooooh... maybe?

With 1.5 years to plan it's at least conceivable. :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Rench » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 pm

MK3 will kick me in the balls for saying this, but regarding specifics this far out, I guess anything is flexible in all reality. I picked the dates (6/21-6/27) based on 3 facts: worked well last time, it mandates riding and hanging out on the Solstice, and by coming in with a date, now there's one less bit to debate.

Again, could be flexible, but quite frankly, as Jaeger pointed out, it's 18 months out. You can plan the conception/growth/birth of a child, Hell, 2 of them around that time frame. So I say lets stick to it.

As for location, I am painfully uncreative. I'm only throwing this out to get the ball rolling, this is by no means my project, or we'll end up doing the exact same things again. Which were epic and worth repeating, but again, foresighted creativity is not my thing.

I DO recall that people were specifically unhappy with the campground and it's management. Such that I don't think we'd be allowed back by name. :mrgreen: If we'd like to do Colorado again, which again, to my uninteresting mind is as good as it gets, then maybe someone local knows a good place. There are multiple campgrounds just on that stretch in Buena Vista if I recall, if people do want to just use the same recipe. OR fuckit, Rag 2.0 will be at Sisyphus's farm in Maine. See you all there! :mrgreen:

Really though, if anything, I hope the more facebooky of you all will spread the word to the Ootmik diaspora. Share the vid, please! I'd rather get as many heads in here making it work as possible.

On a personal note, I thought the first Ragnarok would be this awesome launch point into a new era for the UTMC. In retrospect, it almost seems like it was a high water mark. I'd like to break the levee again and see what we can sift out of the wreckage.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby guitargeek » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 pm

East Goatfuck is centrally located (smack dab in the middle of the country), and I have plenty of room for people to camp out. If the roads in this state weren't so goddamned dull, I'd recommend we have it here. As it is, this might make a good staging area for ootmiks coming from the east...
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
guitargeek

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby SomeMook » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:25 pm

I am in. I missed the last one, not going to miss this one. :shock:
All the unhappiness in the world is caused by self-delusion. -E.H.
SomeMook
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby Sisyphus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:56 pm

OH, man. I remember seeing the pics of the last one. Jelly.
I can't commit. I should, but I can't.
Last edited by Sisyphus on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall
Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Postby goose » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm in. Hell, you only live once and I'm sorry I missed the last one. Still, most those peeps don't come 'round these parts anymore. Makes me a bit melancholy.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9
goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby AZRider » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:28 pm

IN. If Hell breaks loose, I have 1.5 years to stuff it back in the jar. Gotta make it work.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Hengry » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 pm

In.
Hengry
Pin Puller

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby AZRider » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 pm

goose wrote:I'm in. Hell, you only live once and I'm sorry I missed the last one. Still, most those peeps don't come 'round these parts anymore. Makes me a bit melancholy.

Agreed. For that I despise Facebook.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby guitargeek » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Hey, I hate Wal-Mart, but sometimes I have to shop there.
guitargeek

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby calamari kid » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Also in.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs
calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

BANNER!:
Isle of Man

Postby calamari kid » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:20 pm

<Woah, echo>
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs
calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

BANNER!:
Isle of Man

Postby roadmissile » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 am

I wonder if we could bag some kind of deal on the hotel from The Shining, it's called the Stanley IRL, located up in Estes Park. The roads in should be good again by your date...

Video almost brought a tear to my eye.

/RM
/Speed is our religion.

"If requests are an option, I'd like to be hit by a beautiful and highly trained nurse, driving a marshmallow. Naked. And then she would buy me an ice cream." - Rev
roadmissile
Chief Marketing Schwaggerizer

Postby Bigshankhank » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 am

Didn't watch the video, but I am interested based upon the conversation. Count me in.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby MATPOC » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:54 am

FUCK! YES! IN!
MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Postby Whiskeywrist » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:12 am

Certainly interested- the only conceivable competition would be an as yet unnamed motorcycle adventure of similar similar scale and PTO consumption that's yet to become a formal plan.

I know there's a handful of us in the PNW/ZKMC corner that would be totally down as well.

I'll mention it to the locals and direct their attention here!
================================
2014 Aprilia Tuono
Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Postby Thumper » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:55 am

I am soo in. After only getting to hang with the folks that staged in Denver before heading up to BV and not actually going up, I feel I have a score to settle.

With regard to location:

There are a ton more options here in CO with the most teasing being my in-laws place in Western CO that has the acreage to support camping on their property. I can't guarantee their property but western CO has better roads with less enforcers and better access to Utah and it's splendor. I am well acquainted with these areas and I would be willing to help from the admin side if we decide on the mountain region.
So this is where I'm supposed to put a witty or profound statement. I'll work on that

-Motorcycle - List of accessories that proves my commitment to said motorcycle
Thumper
Magnum Jihad

BANNER!:
United States of America

Postby stiles » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:39 pm

In, if at all possible. I missed the last one, don't want to miss this one. Also - nice video!
"If we cannot be free, we can at least be cheap" - Frank Zappa
stiles
Ayatollah of Mayhem

BANNER!:
Argentina

Postby Mk3 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm in...pending that I'm not somewhere less interesting again.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby motorpsycho67 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:53 pm

roadmissile wrote:I wonder if we could bag some kind of deal on the hotel from The Shining, it's called the Stanley IRL, located up in Estes Park. The roads in should be good again by your date...

/RM

The Shining was written by Stephen King while he was staying at the Stanley, but was filmed in Oregon.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Postby roadmissile » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:58 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:
roadmissile wrote:I wonder if we could bag some kind of deal on the hotel from The Shining, it's called the Stanley IRL, located up in Estes Park. The roads in should be good again by your date...

/RM

The Shining was written by Stephen King while he was staying at the Stanley, but was filmed in Oregon.

King was disappointed Kubrick didn't use the Stanley in his version, but it was the basis for the book and also used in the TV adaptation. Despite Kubrick opting to film elsewhere the IRL hotel plays the uncut R rated film on a continuous loop on channel 42 in all guest rooms.

It's supposed to be haunted too, if you go in for that stuff.

Looking at the website the group rate would have to be pretty amazing though, pricy, damn.

/RM
/Speed is our religion.

"If requests are an option, I'd like to be hit by a beautiful and highly trained nurse, driving a marshmallow. Naked. And then she would buy me an ice cream." - Rev
roadmissile
Chief Marketing Schwaggerizer

Postby Beemer Dan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:39 am

I may be buried under a mountain of soiled diapers for the moment, but I'll be there. Boy do I need it! Nice slideshow Rench, that's good stuff right there!
They swore it was the correct one, but swearing doesn't make a sprocket fit where it doesn't want to. --WeAintFoundShit
Beemer Dan
Dark Poohbah

BANNER!:
Cascadia

Postby DerGolgo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 am

Beemer Dan wrote:I may be buried under a mountain of soiled diapers for the moment, but I'll be there. Boy do I need it! Nice slideshow Rench, that's good stuff right there!

It lives! :D :D :D
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby thrasherbill » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:55 pm

FUCK YES!
KZ's are for assholes... - scumbag
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb. - piccini9
In other news, I want to have sex with your bike. - Beemer Dan
A beard, it's like tits for your face. - MagnusTheBuilder
thrasherbill
Burninator of the Dirt Oval

BANNER!:
Canada

Postby smashinator » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:13 pm

I am jumping up and down with excitement. Well, I was. I'm typing now, but the jumping will resume in a moment.

I'm in.
There's no such thing as "too Mad Max."

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/
smashinator
Barista of Doom

Postby Beemer Dan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Beemer Dan wrote:I may be buried under a mountain of soiled diapers for the moment, but I'll be there. Boy do I need it! Nice slideshow Rench, that's good stuff right there!

It lives! :D :D :D

Just barely Brothah! Hoping I can get some time away to meet up with you and/or DooM this year!
They swore it was the correct one, but swearing doesn't make a sprocket fit where it doesn't want to. --WeAintFoundShit
Beemer Dan
Dark Poohbah

BANNER!:
Cascadia

Next

Return to Rants & Rides