Goose grabs a wrench . . . aka, why Kev is single part 1

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Re: Goose grabs a wrench . . . aka, why Kev is single part 1

Postby goose » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:17 pm

guitargeek wrote:
goose wrote:anyone got a line on clear cases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride

Thanks GG, just when I thought I'd be able to afford to eat, now there's something crazy to spend money on . . . :)
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9
goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Bo_9 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:58 am

phpBB [media]
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Postby goose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Bo_9 wrote:
phpBB [media]

Say it ain't so Bo! Damn, now I'm going to have to give DerG a tour of all the Star Trek filming locations next time he comes out just so I can tap his knowledge about transparent aluminum.

Proud papa pic :)
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9
goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby guitargeek » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Take MATPOC to Sandy Eggo to see the nuclear wessels.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby MATPOC » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:44 am

Forget Wessels, I'm here drooling on this thread (after seeing the other thread) instead of watching PI race I just downloaded... it's official Goose-Berg is hotter than WSBK, and proper Ukrainian colors :)
MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Postby goose » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:37 am

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Bigshankhank » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:13 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby goose » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Was worried about the internet rumors that Husabergs are too heavy. Accordingly, I swithed out to titanium bolts and carbon fiber wheels and guards. Like sender her to Jenny Craigson (Swedish version of Jenny Craig - you know - with all those fat swedes in the world).

The funny story about the carbon fiber fork guards is that I got them at a flea market. They don't really fit yet (they are for 21" wheels so they have a lip that pinces the tire on mine). Guy said he bought them 10 years ago for his KTM, went to Hollister and his friends clowned on him for spending so much money on dirtbike stuff. So he yanked them and stuck them in his truck. He was selling stuff at the Treasure Island swap meet (mostly kitchen wares and junk from his mother's house [RIP]) and he figured he'd pull these out of his truck while he was at it. I went to fiddle with the berg and went over to the swap meet to find a 3 hole punch. Found one, and found these too. So, well, yeah . . . I'm a total poseur now!

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Rench » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:04 pm

That thing is just straight sex. You should go to bed every night with a grin knowing that you're creating something like that. Good on ya Goose!

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby goose » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:20 am

Rench wrote:That thing is just straight sex. You should go to bed every night with a grin knowing that you're creating something like that. Good on ya Goose!

-Rench

Thanks Rench! I'm pretty stoked about finishing her up. There's a bunch of other details I want to address before she is finished. Been accumulating bits here and there for over a year and a half. As soon as I'm done with this crazy work crunch, I'm taking a week off just to work on her. Stay tuned!!

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby goose » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:05 am

dunno why working on bikes helps when everything looks bleak, but i'm glad it does.

Joker machine push pull, silly carbon bars and under bar Damper

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Rench » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:51 pm

I was just gonna say, are those frickin carbon BARS!?!?!? WHO DOES THAT!?!? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't have enough imagination to be that cool. Dear doG, tell me it will be done and you'll run it up to Seattle this summer!?

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby Bo_9 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:22 pm

In his defense he did say they were "silly".

Things like that are a disease, usually not a fatal one. It usually starts with polishing aluminum, then gets more hardcore with carbon fiber and titanium. Then once poverty sets in it will usually revert to utilitarianism...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"Just one bad day..."
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby goose » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Let's test this shit out at the track!!

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Rench » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Fuck yeah!!!!!

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby Jaeger » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Rench wrote:Fuck yeah!!!!!

^^ What he said.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby goose » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Bo_9 wrote:In his defense he did say they were "silly".

Things like that are a disease, usually not a fatal one. It usually starts with polishing aluminum, then gets more hardcore with carbon fiber and titanium. Then once poverty sets in it will usually revert to utilitarianism...

Bo is always keeping it real. Gotta meet him someday soon! Thinking ill be in seattle around vashon tt time if some cretin wiill lemme know when

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Bo_9 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:57 am

I've just been through that already, then my kids ate all my carbon fiber.

"Just one bad day..."
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby Bigshankhank » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:29 am

Bo_9 wrote:I've just been through that already, then my kids ate all my carbon fiber.

That sounds like part of a superhero origin story...

So Goose, how was it on the track?
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby goose » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:33 am

Got all loaded up and ready and had to turn around half-way there. Bottom fell out of some work stuff and I had to go fix it all. Just as well, I wasn't in a good head space to be out on the track. Next couple of weeks for sure!

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby MATPOC » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Been a month since that ^ post, hope you got to play some, not just putting fires out at work
MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Postby goose » Thu May 19, 2016 5:59 am

Lets see, I've been embroiled in a case that should have died 5 months ago. Stuck with a bad judge but I that's finally changed. Lost 43 pounds. Likely financially ruined. But I may have killed this thing yesterday. Snapped this photo on the way home from the courthouse:

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby DerGolgo » Thu May 19, 2016 6:51 am

When you say you killed it, do you mean it's broken?
Or do you mean you have overcome its uncooperative nature and "dealt" with it to the degree that its usable now?
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby goose » Thu May 19, 2016 7:15 am

LOL, I see the confusion. Killed it as in killed off this guy's stoopid and completely ridiculous case. I'll know tomorrow. Then I'm going to bury the mothafuggah!

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby DerGolgo » Thu May 19, 2016 7:41 am

goose wrote:LOL, I see the confusion. Killed it as in killed off this guy's stoopid and completely ridiculous case. I'll know tomorrow. Then I'm going to bury the mothafuggah!

Okay, having difficulty following here. But you're a lawyer, so that's normal.
You delivered the death-blow to that case that should have died five months ago but was kept undead by a judge from the dark side, and you will know tomorrow where to send the flowers and/or pipe-bomb for the funeral?
See, earlier, I thought you was referring to that petite and delicate warhead for your 'berg behind ya.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby kam » Sat May 21, 2016 10:23 am

You look so happy.
kam
Magnum Jihad

Postby guitargeek » Sat May 21, 2016 12:34 pm

kam wrote:You look so happy.

No shit, I don't think you could afford to lose those 43 pounds...
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby Jaeger » Sat May 21, 2016 7:31 pm

guitargeek wrote:
kam wrote:You look so happy.

No shit, I don't think you could afford to lose those 43 pounds...

Hey, poor man's horsepower. ;)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby goose » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:08 pm

a little Sunday morning throttle therapy. Good for the soul

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby Rench » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:01 pm

That is a sexy fuckin bike. Actually lifting my mood during a shitty-ass meeting it looks so good. Good on ya goose!

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Rides