DOOM 2018

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!

DOOM 2018

Postby AZRider » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:25 pm

DOOM 2018 will be Friday October 5- Sunday October 7.

I think we should start a new DOOM tradition: “The Dozer Ride.” The key aspect of a Dozer Ride is that everyone participating has to ride other people’s bikes. I am open to suggestions for the rest of the details.

My ideas so far:
1) We could do the main Saturday all day ride as a Dozer Ride with multiple bike trades along the route
2) We could do it in the afternoon in the parking lot before people get drinking, with people taking each other’s bikes for a short loop
Or we can come up with another plan.
One way or another I want us to do a version of it and call it The Dozer Ride.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Re: DOOM 2018

Postby red » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Sounds jangleplatz! I have the PTO approved from work but that's no guarantee life will let me attend.
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Rench » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:53 pm

I dig it. With apologies to whoever goes from anything even resembling a modern sportbike to Christina. :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby SomeMook » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm

This ride must contain a dirt section.
All the unhappiness in the world is caused by self-delusion. -E.H.
SomeMook
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Postby GOSTAZ » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:56 pm

This ride needs a commemorative patch. Doze, piloting a chopper with MLP riding bitch works for me. What say the rest of ye?
Primitive and Useless

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.
GOSTAZ
Ayatollah of Mayhem

BANNER!:
US Maryland

Postby Mean Chuck » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 pm

I guess I’ll have to get off my ass and have at least one bike on the road this year.
My father was a workaholic, every time you mention work he got drunk! -Rodney Dangerfield
Mean Chuck
Delaware Destroyer

Postby Pattio » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 pm

I love it.
-Pattio-
Pattio
Centrifugal Savant of Two Wheel Transportation

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby AZRider » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:31 pm

GOSTAZ wrote:This ride needs a commemorative patch. Doze, piloting a chopper with MLP riding bitch works for me. What say the rest of ye?

I am working on the Dozer memorial patch. Info coming soon.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby causef0rconcern » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:41 am

Thanks for doing that Adam.
!!!LESS INTERNET, MORE LIFE!!!!
causef0rconcern
Mzungu Jihad

Postby MATPOC » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:32 am

I like it!
MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Postby boz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

I dig it. I hesitate to suggest mandatory wheelies and/or slamming the forks on your rental.

In case anyone's curious - the first (only?) time I rode Dozer's bike was on our ride when I had juuuust done my first motorbike wheelie on my ZRX. His Bandit 1200 was *much* more wheelie-friendly and I 12 o clocked that shit - freaked out - and slammed my testicles into the gas tank when I brought it down....nearly dumping the bike.

It was fine.
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.
boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

BANNER!:
US New York

Postby Skkot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Definitely. Into it. My two favorite bikes I have directly because of Dozer putting them on my radar. We can also throw the DOOMbarmachine into the mix.
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.
Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

BANNER!:
US Maryland

Postby Mk3 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 pm

That sounds perfect, but I'm a bit drunk, so take that input with a shot of scotch. Side note, meticulous spelling and grammar are WAY the fuck more difficult when shithammered on cheap scotch and drambuie (which is really just a sweater cheap scotch). I shall never disclose the quantity of errors committed during the drafting of this simple sentence. And thank Cthulhu for the squiggly red lines, and that my spell check knows Cthulhu.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby Mk3 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm

I don't remember posting that.... I swear I just read this thread for the first time this evening. I do however agree with my previous sentiments.

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3

BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby boz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:45 pm

As someone who joined the board 8 years ago but has never attended a DOOM I'd love a bit of detail. I know the motel meetup spot in Pennsyltucky, but that's about it. Aside from just searching the forum for rants, any info y'all'd care to share?
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.
boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

BANNER!:
US New York

Postby Bigshankhank » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 am

boz wrote:As someone who joined the board 8 years ago but has never attended a DOOM I'd love a bit of detail. I know the motel meetup spot in Pennsyltucky, but that's about it. Aside from just searching the forum for rants, any info y'all'd care to share?

Its better that you don't know ahead of time, and just trust your fellow Ootmiks.

Oh, and bring some extra pants, you'll understand why when it happens.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby red » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:58 am

You never forget your first time.
red

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Jaeger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm

red wrote:You never forget your first time.

That's actually not strictly true; you do if you get blackout drunk...

Not that any of us would ever do that... :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby rubber buccaneer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 am

boz wrote:As someone who joined the board 8 years ago but has never attended a DOOM I'd love a bit of detail. I know the motel meetup spot in Pennsyltucky, but that's about it. Aside from just searching the forum for rants, any info y'all'd care to share?

As Jaeger hinted, bring a spare liver. And bail money.
———————
keeper of the man-t-hose™️
rubber buccaneer
Magnum Jihad

Postby Jaeger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:07 pm

The real trick is balancing the "Riding Time" with the "Drinking Time." This balance is often complicated by issues such as absolutely shit weather and/or hangovers.

Note, however, that these two activities are kept quite separate. Many, in fact, forego the former for reasons cited above, not to mention the guys (and gals) who ride in from real distance and are too ass-broke to do more than ride home.

At worst there's always parking-lot shenanigans. Most are fairly generous about letting you dry-hump their bikes, and will usually let you take 'em for a spin, at least if you haven't wadded someone else's bike first.

There's also the Not Summit Point Scooter rally that we used to crash. I think they're still there but I haven't visited in a few years.

(This episode ended particularly poorly, but you get the idea.)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby jae » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:42 pm

well hell, I just might have a bike worthy of a cross-country trek by this point... consider me a definite maybe
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.
jae
Magnum Jihad

BANNER!:
US Texas

Postby boz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:38 am

I'll be riding from new york with my trusty old zrx. I also have access to a ninja zx-10r special edition that i'm pretty sure is out of true and nothing but a death trap. it does have a lap timer built into the controls though.
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.
boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

BANNER!:
US New York

Postby red » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:07 pm

boz wrote:I also have access to a ninja zx-10r special edition that i'm pretty sure is out of true and nothing but a death trap. it does have a lap timer built into the controls though.

Sounds like this bike embodies the very essence of DoOM .
red

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Aggroton » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 pm

boz wrote:I'll be riding from new york with my trusty old zrx. I also have access to a ninja zx-10r special edition that i'm pretty sure is out of true and nothing but a death trap. it does have a lap timer built into the controls though.

ZX-10's and me have a bad relationship. They are all death traps in my opinion. Especially the '05.

Ill be there. If for nothing else to be closer to Dozer.
thats a sweet bike.
Aggroton
Chuck Asap

BANNER!:
Jamaica

Postby boz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:23 pm

The zx-10 was looped by a guy I used to work with somewhere near Miami. He rented a spot in my bike garage and had the bike shipped up and parked there. He stopped paying rent on it after a year and left New York around 2015. I've been trying to get the title and keys from him for a good while but he's as negligent with texts as he is with rent.

SO it's been sitting in my garage rent-free for years but my mech brother in law said it looks pretty sound despite the sad story. Without those keys it's hard to really say.
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.
boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

BANNER!:
US New York

Postby problemaddict » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:17 pm

I dig the Dozer ride idea. I say all willing participants throw a piece of paper w/ your bike written on it in a hat. You pick your ticket, you takes your ride!
problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby red » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 am

problemaddict wrote:I dig the Dozer ride idea. I say all willing participants throw a piece of paper w/ your bike written on it in a hat. You pick your ticket, you takes your ride!

Sounds jangleplatz!

I'm out for this year, no bike no funds but plenty of time off!

Post lots of pics and stories so I can live vicariously through all of you guys/gals, since it's PA, you'uns.
red

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Skkot » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Red, if you can get here there'll be a bike.
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.
Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

BANNER!:
US Maryland

Postby red » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:40 am

Skkot wrote:Red, if you can get here there'll be a bike.

Thanks for the offer Skkot but I'll make my triumphant return in 2019! Possibly w/the Mrs riding pillion.
red

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Mk3 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 pm

boz wrote:The zx-10 was looped by a guy I used to work with somewhere near Miami. He rented a spot in my bike garage and had the bike shipped up and parked there. He stopped paying rent on it after a year and left New York around 2015. I've been trying to get the title and keys from him for a good while but he's as negligent with texts as he is with rent.

SO it's been sitting in my garage rent-free for years but my mech brother in law said it looks pretty sound despite the sad story. Without those keys it's hard to really say.

If you've got time and a bit of cash you can swap the ignition. Or pull the ignition and see if somebody'll make a key for you.

Title is a little tougher. Once upon a time my dad picked up a scooter with current ish plates out of the trash (pre craigslist) and asked the PO for the title when taking the scoot. dude says"its in the seat" and it was. Anyways the point of that scour was the plate, we parted out the rest. renewed the plate, "amended" the title when we changed owners, put it on the rat bike, and then didn't do anything too stupid on the no-serial-number-illegal-as-fuck-er-cycle.

In retrospect it is pretty amazing that I follow any laws at all in adulthood, considering knavery like that was the standard growing up.

Mk3

BANNER!:
US Illinois

Next

Return to UTMC Events: Past, Present, Future