Sad news from Baltimore

Motorcycle news mah Brothahs and Sistahs! Read on or post your own.

Re: Sad news from Baltimore

Postby Rev » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:46 am

26992368_10155019336655124_2380814604613720838_n.jpg

Hi UTMC, long time no see. I wrote this on Facebook, but it seems appropriate to share it here, where I met Noah.
Skott, I'm gutted by this, and I can't imagine what you and the rest of the family are going through. If you need anything, please let me know. Jane has my info.

My friend Noah Scialom died last night.

The way I would describe Noah to people who didn’t really know him was that he was the only person I’ve ever met who made you want to simultaneously punch him in the face and adopt him. He didn’t care much about material things, and he expected everyone else to feel the same way. If you lent something to Noah, he would probably lend it to someone else, or get it stolen, or break it. But you couldn’t hold him responsible, or I never could anyway. It was just the way he was. We spent his 21st birthday at Rocket to Venus, only we couldn’t tell anyone, because he’d been going there for months.

He came to Baltimore to go to law school, and he would have made a good lawyer. He had a gift for talking his way out of situations that was equal to his gift for getting into them. His luck always seemed to hold. When he dropped out of school to become a photographer I told him he was an idiot. He had just picked up a camera and he wasn’t much use with it. But he learned. I think he channeled a lot of his boundless energy into his photography. Example of pre-camera Noah: A Royal Farms clerk asking if you can please stop him from doing donuts in the parking lot with his motorcycle. Post-camera Noah was all over the sidewalk, shoving his iPhone in peoples’ faces, barely breaking stride as he captured them stuffing a sub into their mouth.

Part of being a great photographer is putting people at ease, and he had no trouble with that, but over the years he developed his eye, and people started to notice. First his friends, then the local papers, and eventually the national magazines. He was lucky, but people started to see that he was also very good. That didn’t make him responsible though. I was with him one day when he suddenly remembered an appointment he’d missed that morning. It would have been his first meeting with the New Yorker.

For all that, though, he would drop everything if you needed him. While I was covering a boat race in Missouri, I got a call from home that there was a bat in the house. Another phone call later, Noah was there, with a motorcycle helmet and a badminton racket, checking things out.

Noah loved people, and I think sometimes he felt betrayed by that love. But it was what made him a great photographer, and a great friend. Being with him was a roller-coaster ride, and he always made the people he was with feel special. I never told him any of this, and now I’ll never get the chance, but I think he knew. I hope he knew.

I don’t remember the last time I talked to Noah. I remember telling him we’d adopted a baby girl. There was a long pause on his end before he said, in a perfect mock serious voice, “I just… always thought it would be me.”

I love him and I’m angry at him. And if he were here I’m not sure whether I’d punch him in the face or try to adopt him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have a pawn shop typewriter now. The gov. gangsters have sprayed it with an odor that makes me sick and vomit. I type on the back door step in the fresh air.
Rev
51 Miles Better Than Rolly

Postby Bo_9 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 am

Thanks for sharing that here Rev, I only met Noah at Rag but I think you summed it up perfectly here.
Rev wrote:he was the only person I’ve ever met who made you want to simultaneously punch him in the face and adopt him

All the pics I got there are of him working on stuff...

When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Postby DerGolgo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

Rev wrote:
26992368_10155019336655124_2380814604613720838_n.jpg

Is it okay if I add the image you attached but that I cannot quote the memorial gallery I'm building?
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Skkot » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:23 pm

The event Friday, February 2nd will be a celebration of life; Dozer will already have been cremated by then, just wanted to clarify. All his family will be in town to see him before the cremation, and I intend to pass on some of these really wonderful memories to them. Thanks, DG, for everything you do. The UTMC is Dozer's other family, and he affected my life profoundly by bringing me here those many years ago (it's mine as well).

Rev, you really described Noah eloquently, and I definitely want to print what you said, along with so many others.
2004 R1150 GS PKM + 2002 R1150R Sidecarmachine
You can wipe your ass and blow your nose with the same wad of tissue, but blow your nose first.
Skkot
The pain maker go awayer!

BANNER!:
US Maryland

Postby rhinoviper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:08 pm

This news fucking sucks. My heart goes out to Skkot and all of Noah’s family and friends.
'00 SV650 "Banshee"
'03 Aprilia Tuono "dewey"

BANNER!:
US Colorado

Postby jae » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Skkot, and also to everyone for whom he meant so much. I wish I'd had a chance to meet him.
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.
jae
Magnum Jihad

BANNER!:
US Texas

Postby Jaeger » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Rev wrote:Hi UTMC, long time no see.... If you need anything, please let me know. Jane has my info.

We're sort've like the family you only ever see at weddings and funerals. :Jeez: ;)

Skott, ditto Rev's offer of help. You know how to find me. Dulles is right in my backyard if incoming folks have issues.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby MATPOC » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:40 am

from Doom '11 pic by Nate captioned "Dozer getting the classic British Bike Experience"

To me looks like British bike is getting the classic Noah experience

MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Postby MATPOC » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 am

there are bunch of photos by Dozer from 2012 Doom

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16619622&p=275162#p275162
MATPOC

Postby DerGolgo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:52 am

I've collected some photos here and on Facebook and assembled them into a memorial gallery.

I didn't know him well, so my attempt at arranging the photos to open with a few that would reflect on his personality may have been futile.
Any input will be appreciated.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby rubber buccaneer » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 pm

DerGolgo wrote:I've collected some photos here and on Facebook and assembled them into a memorial gallery.

I didn't know him well, so my attempt at arranging the photos to open with a few that would reflect on his personality may have been futile.
Any input will be appreciated.

I didn’t know Noah that well either so take this with a grain of salt ... My feeling is that trying to organize the photos will only lead to frustration. Kind of like trying to unravel all mysteries of universe at once. These pictures and stories assembled here are only a minute portion of a wild, wonderful and weird relationship we’ve experienced while in Noah’s company. I feel that the enormity and gravity of his personality as well as the complicated relationship he had with this world cannot be contained in a few photos. Unfortunately that is something we have now to look back to as a reminder of the crazy ride he took us on. I thank you for assembling and organizing it DerGolgo.

* Edit
I’m not a wordsmith by any stretch, not sure if what I typed (and re-read) above makes much sense or offers any constructive suggestions. So a point of clarification:

It’s going to be a challenge picking with which One to open the gallery for someone like Noah. My eye is drawn to pictures where he’s filling most of the frame, facing the camera. If I were to suggest a banner photo, it would the one someone put up on FB I think, Noah with a smirk, pointing at the photog.
———————
keeper of the man-t-hose™️
rubber buccaneer
Magnum Jihad

Postby boz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 am

Hey everyone. It's been ages since I've posted here. FWIW my helmet, now well past its proper service life of 5 years, still has the UTMC sticker on it I picked up on my first really no-fucks-given trip that I took with Dozer from Baltimore to Boston and back in winter 2010. I met some of you on that trip. We made it on my ZRX1100 (still riding her!) and his Bandit 12. We left Bmore traveling north with snow and rain on the radar the year of Snowpocalypse.

Noah and I remained good friend and I was with him just a few weeks ago in the final moments of our mutual friend's life in CCU at Union Memorial. Noah's passing is the most hard hitting in a series of three close deaths in my Ruintown circle in the past few months. Fuck all of this.

Here are the details of his services:

Public Services - 2/2, 14:00-16:00
Resthaven Memorial Gardens Inc
9501 Catoctin Mountain Hwy, Frederick, MD 21701

Reception - 2/2, 19:00-22:00
2640 Space
2640 St Paul St., Baltimore, MD

Please find me there. I'm still kicking, pushing, etc. I'm on Facebook @glenn.gentzke and instagram @pixelkeg. I would love to ride with you again and plan to remember Dozer on the road throughout the year one reckless spin after another. Special thanks go to Zach for hitting me up personally - unfortunately I'd been in close contact all along and was in the middle of that shit.

Here was my statement: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeYlE5YgCVU/?taken-by=pixelkeg

Friends and Family of Baltimore and especially Ruintown -
The past few months has brought about a lot of sadness.
Three people that fiercely embodied the spirit we built our little sanctuary on passed away. They long outlived the space itself but I personally loved stepping inside the figurative mill with them whenever I visited the city after leaving it in 2010.

I’m glad they lived their lives to a unique and uninhibited beat. I find it important to note that Will, Ian, and Noah all possessed a rare loyalty despite their recalcitrant attitude that I respect and admire.

To the concussions, the bonfires, the wheelies, the photos, and personal freedom:
Thank you Will, Ian, and Noah.

Rest In Power
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.
boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

BANNER!:
US New York

Postby MATPOC » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:47 am

I remember when you guys showed up and we took a ride to Newport, it got dark and then started raining on the way home, we were doing a ton on the way back to town, I know because my KTM tops out at 100 and I was pinned trying to keep up. If memory serves we ended up at Trinity and that's when you told us that it was your first time riding in the dark, first time in the rain and basically first ride on a motorcycle, because Noah said "let's go"

He snapped this pic at the end of my block after some idiot tried to run me over and I decided to do burnouts in front of her house

Wish I had originals, Noah only sent me low res copies

371.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MATPOC

Postby Aggroton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:30 pm

One of Noah's many joys was abusing other peoples machines.
One of my Joys of Noah was watching him abuse other peoples machines.

Also...cock to ass was never better with anyone. You know what Im talking about.
thats a sweet bike.
Aggroton
Chuck Asap

BANNER!:
Jamaica

Postby Mk3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm

I didn't know Noah that well, and I'm kind of, well, shit for emotional support. Skkot, I'm here for you man (here being more of a state of mind than an actual physical location because who knows where the fuck I'll actually be).

I have almost the same Dozer story as everyone else: I leant him my bike and 30 minutes later he showed back up trying to do a wheelie...it was the V-Rod, and no one else has come quite as close to bringing up the front end--but he chirped the back end at speed instead.

When I heard the "how" I was surprised, and admittedly a little disappointed. I hoped it wasn't on a bike (though that was uniquely plausible) and was in a grim way looking forward to being regaled by the story of how his undercover photography gig with the leftist Taliban in Brooklin Maine had gone catastrophically tits up.

Shit for support. Drink it off I suppose. Good luck out there in motorcycle land. May the road be more fun than you hoped and the bike make it home in as few pieces as necessary to fully enjoy the road.
"...when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!

"UTMC, it's an international disorganization of racers, aficionados, mechanics, lunatics, and scumbags. It's like an online motorcycle Mos Eisley."
Mk3
Captain Sensible, Space Command.

Location: The people's republic of Illinois Welcome comrade, join the party!
BANNER!:
US Illinois

Postby Sisyphus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:32 am

MATPOC wrote:from Doom '11 pic by Nate captioned "Dozer getting the classic British Bike Experience"

To me looks like British bike is getting the classic Noah experience

[img]

The peals of laughter when I started it right after this photo was taken.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall
Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Postby boz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Is anyone on the board planning to travel for services? I'll be around all day on Friday, through the night, and hanging out most of Saturday before heading back north. Is Rocket even still open?!
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.
boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

BANNER!:
US New York

Postby MATPOC » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Bunch of people are traveling, most of the planning was on Bookface, some coming Thursday, some Friday and departing anytime between Saturday and Monday.
Seems most of the hanging out will be at X-Keys
MATPOC

Postby goose » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm am crushed by this very sad news. Simply crushed. Godspeed Dozer, and condolences to his close friends and family.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9
goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

BANNER!:
US California

Postby AZRider » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:31 pm

DOOM 2018 thread is started, with my suggestion for a Dozer Ride.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16621676&p=305800#p305800
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Previous

Return to Headline News