Maintenance for the KTM 390 Engine

Broken, fixed or fabricated.... Yak about it here.

Re: Maintenance for the KTM 390 Engine

Postby Bigshankhank » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:21 am

Why oh why did I start fucking with the electronics? I still have not gotten this thing running again, so the payoff had better be worth it. Truth be told I had the intake cam off by one tooth so part of it was my fault, but once that was corrected the engine runs and revs but will not idle and this little brain-box is the culprit. I am not stopping until it works!
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
User avatar
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher
 
Posts: 7508
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:11 am
Location: Deep In The Swamps of South Florida
BANNER!:
US Florida

Re: Maintenance for the KTM 390 Engine

Postby Jaeger » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:01 am

Bigshankhank wrote:Why oh why did I start fucking with the electronics? I still have not gotten this thing running again, so the payoff had better be worth it. Truth be told I had the intake cam off by one tooth so part of it was my fault, but once that was corrected the engine runs and revs but will not idle and this little brain-box is the culprit. I am not stopping until it works!


WTF you do now? Why screwing around with the electrics?

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.


<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
User avatar
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple
 
Posts: 9990
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:24 am
Location: NoVA
BANNER!:
US Virginia

Re: Maintenance for the KTM 390 Engine

Postby Bigshankhank » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:49 am

Jaeger wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:Why oh why did I start fucking with the electronics? I still have not gotten this thing running again, so the payoff had better be worth it. Truth be told I had the intake cam off by one tooth so part of it was my fault, but once that was corrected the engine runs and revs but will not idle and this little brain-box is the culprit. I am not stopping until it works!


WTF you do now? Why screwing around with the electrics?

--Jaeger


Fuel controller, to help it run richer (and thus smoother at low RPMs).
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
User avatar
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher
 
Posts: 7508
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:11 am
Location: Deep In The Swamps of South Florida
BANNER!:
US Florida

Re: Maintenance for the KTM 390 Engine

Postby Jaeger » Wed May 01, 2019 2:43 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:
Jaeger wrote:WTF you do now? Why screwing around with the electrics?



Fuel controller, to help it run richer (and thus smoother at low RPMs).


Oh, here we go! The poor thing will never recover from your improvements. ;) :mrgreen:

(FWIW, I'm researching suspensions for the Scout -- the stock truly is shit.)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.


<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
User avatar
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple
 
Posts: 9990
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:24 am
Location: NoVA
BANNER!:
US Virginia

Re: Maintenance for the KTM 390 Engine

Postby 0l4fderstout » Wed May 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Jaeger wrote:
(FWIW, I'm researching suspensions for the Scout -- the stock truly is shit.)

--Jaeger


It's better than the 03 Sportster I had but worse than the Road King, comfort wise. We'll see if I actually feel that way after my trip. (I want to build panniers for this damn bike. Not one of the saddlebag options I've looked at is worth the expense. Oh hey I may have a welding class this winter.. maybe then.)

Is the fuel trim managed by an onboard controller? You may need a chip or programmable controller.
User avatar
0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
BANNER!:
US Michigan

Previous

Return to Tech Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests