PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

The Futbol Supporters Thread

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Zer0
Professor of Poop

Re: The Futbol Supporters Thread

Post by Zer0 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 am

Yup. They did. A couple of my coworkers catch a few of their games every season.

So you're coming down to San Diego? When? Think you can handle the weather? There's all that lanesplitting nuisance too.

'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

gazza
Minister of Weather Control

Post by gazza » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

I will be in SD by mid June.
The Wakening of the Ancient Ice Cthulhu.
2001 Speedtona

2004 Triumph RS - TOURFIGHTER - cryogenically stored in SoCal.
2016 Scomadi 125
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400 SM - sold
2006 Evil Duc - sold via permission from Rock.

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Good. See you then, Gazza.

Back to soccer--can anyone explain wtf happened with Bayern and Dortmund and how they made Barca and Real look like high schoolers? (Not that I mind a bit). But jayzus--Wha' appen? I don't have cable. Did the Germans win or the Spaniards lose? Or both?
'74 R90/6--Thor
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

gazza

Post by gazza » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Germans won both games 4-0 Bayern/Barc and 4-1 Dort/Real.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 pm

No, I know the scores. What I should have asked was did the Germans beat the Spaniards, or did the Spaniards defeat themselves? Talking to others since, they said the Germans simply overpowered the Spanish teams. But Jesus, 4 goals for Dortmund's Lewandowski. Wow.
'74 R90/6--Thor

gazza

Post by gazza » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:35 pm

I didn't get to see the games either, but I am not sad to see the Spanish Domination take a hit.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Post by Drift » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Hard to be low key about the future when your team lays out the big money and first takes Obafemi Martins from Levante in La Liga by force (their top scorer) and then follows up even bigger by snatching CLINT FUCKING DEMPSEY from Spurs.

I've had the same stupid smile on my face for 4 days. It's starting to hurt.

Now I've got to go play punk rock. Smiling isn't very punk. Especially "stupid grin" smiling.

One more time: CLINT FUCKING DEMPSEY

SEEEEAAATLLLLE..........SOOOUUUUNNNDERRRRSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Lemonade is a LIE!!! - Captain

1999 Kawasaki 1500 Drifter
1993 GSXR 750 RatFighter (in progress)

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Did you say Clint Fucking Dempsy?

After a two year break, I am back with the cable, so I get to see some games.

:P
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:18 am

gazza wrote:Did you say Clint Fucking Dempsey?
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that too. Drift has a right to be stoked about that.
'74 R90/6--Thor

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Post by Drift » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Ok, so in my last post I was still in the after glow of a Dempsey induced O-face, however, things didn't go quite as expected and not only did we not get past the second round of the playoffs, we got put out by our rivals in that shithole to the south. Our great run of form that pushed us to the top came to a screeching halt and we started gushing goals to the point that our our star Austrian GK, was relieved of duty and 41yr old Marcus Hahnneman took over. We went from "Just win one match to clinch the conference" to "just win one match to hopefully 'back in' to the playoffs in the knockout round" We tanked. Sucked. Screwed the pooch, whatever you want to call it. It ended badly.

Then came the tidal wave of calls for the guillotine and truckloads of pitchforks and/or torches. Our manager, Sigi Schmid survived, but I have a feeling that year is his last chance to make a really solid push to the Cup. If it doesn't happen, especially with the success that the facilities sharing partners Seattle Seahawks have had (SUPERBOWL WIN MOTHERFUCKERS!), he might not ever be seen again.

So, we've retooled. Many long term fan favorites have been moved out to other clubs and Dempsey is on loan to Fulham for our preseason. A host of new players has filled the roster, mostly young players with the "huge potential" tag, but also a couple of MLS veteran starters including big striker Kenny Cooper (I've always liked Cooper) and defender Jalil Anibaba (young, but really strong), vet defender/US Inter Chad Marshall, Forward Chad Barrett (not bad), GK Stefan Frei (also pretty good), forward Tristan Bowen (young, lots o promise), Mid Marco Pappa (Strong - back from LigaMX) and Brazilian trialist Mid Fabio Perreira.

The difference I've noticed so far is in the impression the preseason is creating within the side. The last few years, preseason was denoted by the assessments "We're still looking to build chemistry" or "This thing will come together, it will just take time" or some other horseshit that meant that maybe they didn't get it right from the start, this preseason what I've been hearing is 100% positive. Lots of praise for how the side is working defensively and for the chemistry that seems to have gelled for the players on the pointy end. Martins and Cooper have been on a bit of a tear as a partnership and seem to have developed a good relationship both on and off the pitch.

Oh, and the cancer that is Eddie "Me-J" Johnson is gone from our locker room...HUZZAH! The goals he scored weren't worth the level of "proof of douche" that was reached by him nearly every week. It affected everything.

Preseason is on and so far...looking pretty good.

Here's to more silverware in the case at The Clink at the end of 2014.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Post by Drift » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:57 pm

So, what to type in 12 minutes? It's been a long season and the side has played well, we've downed our rivals to the south, won the US Open Cup and the MLS Supporters Shield (for those not in the know, the MLS SS is the equivalent of the League Championship. The regular season winners at the top of the table, we still managed it after a partial collapse which saw a ten point lead, clear at the top of the table reduced to nil) with a #1 seed in the west for the playoffs (means we get to play at home in each 2nd leg of the away/home series). Clint is sitting on 14 goals and Obafemi had 17 for the season in a partnership that was near unstoppable, if not entertaining to watch (Oba's most productive season in any league). We downed FC Dallas in the Semifinals and now will face LA Galaxy in the Western Conference finals in a home and away series to decide who gets to go to the MLS Cup Final. LA is tough, with their retiring (?) Landon Donovan and that summer-saulting Lepredouche Robbie Keane. It's been back and forth between us all season, but when it came down to it, we've come out on top and I expect more of the same in the semi.

If my beloved Sounders can just persevere through these next three games we will have done what no other MLS side ever has; win the Treble.

If I get that and Leeds makes the playoff, I will count 2014 as a banner year in football terms. Both round and throwball.