PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

The Futbol Supporters Thread

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Drift
Magnum Jihad

The Futbol Supporters Thread

Post by Drift » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm

In keeping with the "Happily Committed Outcast" nature of the UTMC, I'm starting this thread as a place where those of us who want to talk Soccer can meet, discuss and playfully taunt each other. I find the similarities between the UTMC and those who follow and support professional football (the rest of the world's version) in the States, striking. Both groups seem to revel in the under-appreciation and scorn heaped upon us by those that occupy the mainstream consciousness regarding either our bikes or our love of The Beautiful Game.

Seeing as how there are MLS teams all over the US, I'm curious if there are others here that follow the sport.

If so, raise your scarf and be heard.

If not, but you're curious, find your local MLS team here:

http://web.mlsnet.com/index.jsp

This thread shouldn't be limited to MLS, so if you follow the English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A or whatever, let's hear about it.

Cheers,

Drift
UP, UP SOUNDERS FC!!!
LEEDS UNITED
CS MARITIMO

Last edited by Drift on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Lemonade is a LIE!!! - Captain

1999 Kawasaki 1500 Drifter
1993 GSXR 750 RatFighter (in progress)

gazza
Minister of Weather Control

Post by gazza » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm

You know I would be posting up here. I had you bagged for Sounders, but very interesting that you went LEEDS. Is the third Portugese?

Here are mine:

West Ham United
Napoli
Juventus
DC United - MF
The Wakening of the Ancient Ice Cthulhu.
2001 Speedtona

2004 Triumph RS - TOURFIGHTER - cryogenically stored in SoCal.
2016 Scomadi 125
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400 SM - sold
2006 Evil Duc - sold via permission from Rock.

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

karl package
Magnum Jihad

Post by karl package » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

My team is taking a break from the Premier League this year. I don't want to talk about it.
Everything is true. God is an astronaut. Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live... And you came to die.

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 pm

I also had to repost.

I have been playing since the 4th grade. When I played for my High School team, the other kids called us Communists. WTF.

Years later I still play a Sunday pickup league which is very cool and I also play Navy intermural Spring and Fall.

My wife's father who is 67, still comes out on a Sunday when he is in town. His skill level is amazing.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

erosvamp
Sophisticated Meat Machine

Post by erosvamp » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm

I heart Ronaldo.
I wish he was still playing for MU.

I have yet to go to a Rapids game. I don't know many folks who like futbol. :)

I would give my left tit to go see the world cup in South Africa. I am happy Italy won last go around.

If anyone in Denver wants to pound beer early in the morning this summer, let me know.
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." -General Eric Shinseki

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 pm

karl package wrote:My team is taking a break from the Premier League this year. I don't want to talk about it.

Is is Newcastle???
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 pm

erosvamp wrote:I heart Ronaldo.
I wish he was still playing for MU.

I have yet to go to a Rapids game. I don't know many folks who like futbol. :)

I would give my left tit to go see the world cup in South Africa. I am happy Italy won last go around.

If anyone in Denver wants to pound beer early in the morning this summer, let me know.
Ronaldo is good, but too "poncy"

I went to a DC game and was very unimpressed by the experience. I have been to Seria A and EPL games and was left wanting more from the MLS live experience.

World Cup = Good

I would love to drink beer and watch football.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Gauss
Barista of Doom

Post by Gauss » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm

My two teams

Fiorentina
Manchester United

Haven't gotten into MLS too much...but I couldn't help but be fan of the Sounders, the way they came into the league just kicking ass, and the way the city embraced the team and the sport

USA has a good chance of making it through the group stage, but outside of that I'll be cheering on Italy again this summer
<a href="http://gauss.smugmug.com" target = blank>My Pics</a>

MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Post by MATPOC » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm

I was in Brooklyn visiting a friend during the final game in '06. He was supposed to be at work but I found him in the bar next door with the rest of the co workers and neighbors, place was packed. When the game was over Smith Street just exploded, people shouting, waving flags, genuine celebration!

At the same time my friend Tony, first generation Italian, was in the Italian neighborhood in the Italian bar in small heavily Italian town in RI watching the game on the big screen with few friends, they were the only ones at the bar. Once some of the local Italians arrived the began complaining about the crappy game being on the big screen instead of their beloved baseball, they could care less about results... Me and my Russian friend from Brooklyn were more interested in the game than local RI Ginnies and that is sad cause I don't really follow futbol unless it's World Cup even if Russia did not qualify... again.... FUCKING DRUNKS!

ninemileskid
Magnum Jihad

Post by ninemileskid » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 am

MATPOC wrote: Me and my Russian friend from Brooklyn were more interested in the game than local RI Ginnies and that is sad cause I don't really follow futbol unless it's World Cup even if Russia did not qualify... again.... FUCKING DRUNKS!
That's GUINEA. Unless your talking about a group drinking Beefeaters or Bombay.

MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Post by MATPOC » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:42 am

Not sure of the spelling, but I was referring to 3nd+ generation "Italians" that this state is so famous for, they all act like Good Fellas, still wave the flag (plastered everywhere) but have no clue where they came from (except their last residence) and know 3 words in Italian. I'm surrounded by them. Some of the older ones will play boccie, most could care less about anything other then Red Sox and Patriots

At least the ones from NYC care about their heritage, perhaps even point out Italy on the world map!

I did play here and there, most of the players were first generation immigrants that came here on the "boat" much like I did, mostly Italian and Portuguese with few other nations in the mix. Now with 2 shattered ankles I might kick the ball around, but can't play.

When I left the country it was still Russia, so I was considered Russian, cheered for Russian teams, but with country falling apart my actual "home team" is Ukraine, much like Russia they did not qualify, again, and I don't care.

ninemileskid
Magnum Jihad

Post by ninemileskid » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:23 am

MATPOC wrote:Not sure of the spelling, but I was referring to 3nd+ generation "Italians" that this state is so famous for, they all act like Good Fellas, still wave the flag (plastered everywhere) but have no clue where they came from (except their last residence) and know 3 words in Italian.
Yup, I know what / who you're talking about. Reminds me of the "Irishmen" that crawl out of the woodwork every March 17TH.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:28 am

soccer's for girls
<center><embed width="480"height="380" src="http://www.lescretins.com/videos/flv_pl ... eo-503.flv" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /><center> <a href="http://www.lescretins.com/">LesCr&eacute;tins.com</a> - <a href="http://www.lescretins.com/videos/1-vide ... minin.html"> Télécharger cette vidéo </a>
I'm not really from around here.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

excellent

Post by Drift » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Alright. Excellent start .

I'm in full on pre-pre-season obsession mode.
You know I would be posting up here. I had you bagged for Sounders, but very interesting that you went LEEDS. Is the third Portugese?
Up to this last year I only really followed during the olympics or the world cup, with only a cursory knowledge of what the USL Sounders were up to. In truth, I thought the Sounders had gone under until I got the job of making some huge sponsor banners for Memorial Stadium in 2003. The guy from the Sounders was cool and clued me into what had been happening and the obligatory "well, no one follows soccer here". When they went MLS I thought I'd give it a couple of matches and see. By the end of the season my wife knew she was in serious trouble. Good to see I'm not too old to learn to really appreciate and maybe even love something new.

LEEDS - I haven't been able to find an EPL team that inspires me (except maybe Wolves a little) but I've caught quite a few Leeds matches now(thank you FSC) and have found myself supporting them vociferously.

CS Maritimo - Correct, Portugal. I came across the history of Maritimo and it fascinated me. Hard to find coverage, sometimes highlights on SkySports or match streaming at eurorivals.net Sitting 6th in the table currently. Excellent, passionate football.

I've been intrigued by the struggles of Juve' this year. I gained a new admiration when their supporters set fire to the stadium as they were getting beaten by AC Milan at home.

I'm going to the Sounders Charity Shield match against the (cough) Portland Timbers next month at Qwest Field, so I'll try and get some pics up.

gazza

Post by gazza » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Is Portland USL?
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

erosvamp
Sophisticated Meat Machine

Post by erosvamp » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:15 pm

MATPOC wrote:Not sure of the spelling, but I was referring to 3nd+ generation "Italians" that this state is so famous for, they all act like Good Fellas, still wave the flag (plastered everywhere) but have no clue where they came from (except their last residence) and know 3 words in Italian. I'm surrounded by them. Some of the older ones will play boccie, most could care less about anything other then Red Sox and Patriots

At least the ones from NYC care about their heritage, perhaps even point out Italy on the world map!
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yTOe6-YAZRU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yTOe6-YAZRU&hl ... 2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." -General Eric Shinseki

Drift
Magnum Jihad

turtles

Post by Drift » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:25 am

Is Portland USL?
For now, next season they and the Vancouver Whitecraps (not sure if they'll keep the name) are coming into the MLS. And to be very accurate, the Tumblers have become the victim of some very strange ministrations that has left the USL in shambles and the new attempt at resurrecting the NASL coming to the fore.

Interesting to see if this is the first step towards establishing a MLS/NASL/USL relegation system, which I think would up the level of performance in the MLS.

Article on it here:

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/sections/ ... e_id=22032

Anyway, it's just a pre-season charity game, but from what I've heard, 5000 tickets sold the first 24hrs and they're expecting it to be a sellout.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:04 am

LOVE football.

West Ham United through and through. Was brought up following the Hammers because my grandpop played for them for a brief spell before the war. I have fond memories of watching Match of the Day with my dad, and I still vaguely recollect seeing the Hammers win the Cup in 1980 on the telly.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Leyton Orient as my grandpop also played for them, and for Arsenal because dad was born and lived about 100-odd yards from the old Arsenal in Highbury.

West Ham Untied through and through. I was totally gutted when we went down last time and I will be ropeable if it happens again this season. I think given time Zola will be a class manager, but the new ownership doesn't give me hope.

Funny, because even though I'm born Australian I've always followed England in international matches and am mainly interested in English football. Family history plays a big part, I guess. I still wear my Euro 2000 England shirt with pride (not to mention my Dr. Martens sponsored WHUFC shirt).

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:09 am

Gazza, why the Hammers?

I've only met three genuine WHU supporters in my travels and hugged all three as if we were long lost brothers. There must have been dust in the air because our eyes were moist.

Wanna be my fouth? :mrgreen:

Gungnir
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by Gungnir » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 pm

LIVERPOOL FC and Nottingham forrest!!!
Gungnir
08 xl1200n

dozer
Hammer Time

Post by dozer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 pm

AS ROMA ftw
"All you lazy bastards, you don't build no castles!"
-Jim Bishop.
Sisyphus wrote: If, on the other hand, a full-on revolution starts within one year, you will provide me your mailing address and I will send you the balsa wood box for you to eat. Provided I haven't already eaten it. In which case I will send you an object of equal or lesser value that hasn't been eaten, provided it is as edible as balsa and is of nearly equvalent volume (empty).

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Roma

Post by Drift » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 am

AS ROMA ftw
Totti is a fucking badass.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Re: Roma

Post by Jonny » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:52 am

Drift wrote:
AS ROMA ftw
Totti is a fucking tosser.
Fixed that for ya, champ.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Now that's the spirit

Post by Drift » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Drift wrote:
Quote:
AS ROMA ftw

Totti is a fucking tosser.
Now THAT'S the spirit! +100awesome :lol:

Tosser or not, that guy is always making things happen.

I'm trying to avoid futbol pages right now 'cause I've got ManUre at AC Milan (Beckham starting) waiting for me when I get home.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

and

Post by Drift » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Gazza, why the Hammers?

I've only met three genuine WHU supporters in my travels and hugged all three as if we were long lost brothers. There must have been dust in the air because our eyes were moist.
Stacius is a Hammers man as well.

gazza

Post by gazza » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Jonny wrote:Gazza, why the Hammers?

Wanna be my fouth? :mrgreen:
WHU because my wife's family is do or die WH. I don't really have a choice, but I feel that it was meant to be.

Her dad and grandad were always playing and that is their local team.
Her dad played with and against Harry Rednapp a couple of time.
He was also at the 66 World Cup when England won.

Yes, I will be your fourth.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

UEFA C CUP-AC MILAN/RED DEVILS 1st leg

Post by Drift » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 pm

First time I've ever been pleased that Man U won. All of the showboating by Ronaldinho made me want to puke(it seems to fit when he's doing it in SeriesA). While ACM was busy being cutesy, Man U just played aggressive head-head down football, and ACM ended up paying for it.

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:59 pm

I can handle "dhino", but C7 Ronaldo is too flash for me.

I enjoyed the ManU AC Milan game. It was very entertaining. I watched it on Weds. because I am lame and DVRd it.

Did you see Arsenal? What were they thinking with that Goalie???
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Oi.

Post by Drift » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Did you see Arsenal? What were they thinking with that Goalie???
That WHOLE sequence was just wrong. Even though I was pulling for Porto, I had to call bullshit on the way it was handled.

1) Gooners have been laying waste to Fabianski (who sucked like a pre-war Hoover) but no one mentions the brain fart of a big toe back pass made by Sol Campbell that caused the whole thing.

2) That referee, Martin Hansson, is incompetent and should have his license revoked. Muni-league officiating at best. Since when, as a ref, do you stand stationary on the spot where the infraction occured? And also block the defender?

I have seen other refs blow the whistle and reset a free kick if it was set up incorrectly.

The fact that Hansson is also the ref that missed the Thierry Henry hand ball in the Ireland/France debacle is troublesome.

Aside from Fabianski's horrible keeping, Arsenal got screwed.
Last edited by Drift on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.