PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

The Futbol Supporters Thread

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:52 pm

gazza wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:
gazza wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:Anybody like rugby? NRL anyone?

Am I an outcast among the outcasts?
No man, this is the real futbol thread, not some rugby BS. Start your own ruby thread.

Soccer is for guys that don't have the balls to play rugby.
Wicked burn! How much do they play? One cauliflower ear and most are done.

THe only rugby I have watched is six nations. Plus, rugby is too upper class anyway. Keep it working class, keep it football!

Rugby is upper class????

:lol:

Not in Australia it ain't mate!

Cauliflower ear?

Pffffffft!

Ever hear the phrase "Give blood, play rugby"?

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

erosvamp
Sophisticated Meat Machine

Post by erosvamp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:30 am

Does anyone have a live stream link for the us/england game this afternoon? I am stuck in a conference.

I hope yo are all at a bar watching... if not... http://www.livestreamz.com/watch/worldcup/stream2.html
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." -General Eric Shinseki

gazza
Minister of Weather Control

Post by gazza » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:14 am

My living room pub was my location. Friends, food, and beer at reasonable prices.
The Wakening of the Ancient Ice Cthulhu.
2001 Speedtona

2004 Triumph RS - TOURFIGHTER - cryogenically stored in SoCal.
2016 Scomadi 125
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400 SM - sold
2006 Evil Duc - sold via permission from Rock.

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:51 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:
gazza wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:
gazza wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:Anybody like rugby? NRL anyone?

No man, this is the real futbol thread, not some rugby BS. Start your own ruby thread.

Wicked burn! How much do they play? One cauliflower ear and most are done.

THe only rugby I have watched is six nations. Plus, rugby is too upper class anyway. Keep it working class, keep it football!

Rugby is upper class????

:lol:

Not in Australia it ain't mate!

Cauliflower ear?

Pffffffft!

Ever hear the phrase "Give blood, play rugby"?
Rugby Union: Upper class.

Rugby League: Stick my thumb up your arse in a tackle and think nothing of it.

NRL: re: the latter.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Rugby and WC

Post by Drift » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Firstly:
gazza wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:
Anybody like rugby? NRL anyone?

I tried rugby once. I was playing Am. Football in college, went through 2-a-days in the blazing 90 degrees, got through the first two games and then had my eligibility cancelled because I had played a few semi-pro games.

A friend suggested I come out and play rugby for the school-club team since they could use a guy like me. I thought, "Sure, that sounds like fun!"

One game. That is all. Those guys are nuckin futs.

On a more positive note, I must send out a big kiss and heartfelt thanks to West Ham's Robert Green. Job well done laddy, the check is in the mail.

Not two weeks before, I heard Kasey Keller say that the low, soft bouncer is one of those balls that look easy, but exactly the opposite is true. Especially, when you don't get your body behind it.

If I was Green, I'd be lookin to emigrate. He'll NEVER live that one down.
The Lemonade is a LIE!!! - Captain

1999 Kawasaki 1500 Drifter
1993 GSXR 750 RatFighter (in progress)

gazza

Post by gazza » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:18 pm

I am bummed for Green, but he can recover. Remember their other goalie was once called Calamity James.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

urbanscum
Magnum Jihad

Post by urbanscum » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:25 am

And its good to know that we scored both goals in the match.
'Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.'

Bandit 1200 shiny shiny.
Yamahaha Thunderscrap - rough and ready
MonsterMoto Pit Bike (for the kids - honest)
for now...

Drift
Magnum Jihad

jamie

Post by Drift » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:38 am

Oh, you mean this James?

[/code]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7UslQv5y08&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7UslQv5y08&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/code]

urbanscum - if that's what it takes to get you through the night..

Watched a good part of that Italy/Paraguay match. Italy better shape it up if they plan on defending their title, they look pretty ragged.

UndertheGun
Barista of Doom

Post by UndertheGun » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 am

Was very disappointed with how boring the Cote d'ivoire - Portugal game was. For the amount of talent on that field there was a surprising lack of cohesion and drive. It will be interesting to see who makes with out of that group with Brazil.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeah, I feel a bit sorry for Green because he is a class keeper. He made a brilliant save to put the ball onto the post later on in the match, and the goal he let in, well, his technique just left him. It's harsh for a keeper; a midfielder makes a mistake and the other side gains possession. Keeper makes a mistake and there's a goal given away.

England weren't terrible and made a lot of chances, but lacked that killer touch to finish the opportunities in front of goal. England typically start a World Cup slowly, so here's hoping they sharpen up over the next two matches and win the group.

I thought Ivory Coast did very well against Portugal. Sure, they didn't score, but they built up and made chances, defended sharply, and held possession very well.

Christiano Ronaldo? A diving, cheating twat. Ronaldo as captain? They are having a laugh.

erosvamp
Sophisticated Meat Machine

Post by erosvamp » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 am

South African killed by family for watching Cup
61-year-old fought with family, who wanted to see religious program

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37756208/ ... world_cup/
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." -General Eric Shinseki

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Footy

Post by Drift » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:51 pm

erosvamp - I would argue that they both wanted to watch religious programs, but that's just me. That guy is a martyr.

Well, the World Cup is getting interesting now. This mornings highway fuckin robbery of the US was somehow balanced by the karmaic hand of the universe in seeing that England couldn't score one goddam point on the Algerians. And to the Algerians, I say a heartfelt thank you. For now anyway.

I've watched the last two WCs intently and I can honestly say that I've never seen a lack of cohesion in the major teams like this time.

Maybe it's the vuvuzelas, or maybe it truly has finally become "The World's Game". I'm hoping for the latter...and three points against the Algerians.

Oh, one other thing. Watching my Sounders newest striker, Blaise Nkufo(Switzerland), beat the Spanish was truly magical. His presence and maturity of skill and mind, gives me hope for the future of our side, as well as a bit more confidence in our Front Office for making the choice they did.

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:58 pm

I did read that he was signed by Sounders.

The South American teams are looking pretty good, but Europe is crumbling.

Here is to three points against Algeria.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

WC Headlines

Post by Drift » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:35 am

Things that I lub:

France implodes.

Kiwis go even with the Italians - Italy was LUCKY

North Korea decides to broadcast the match against Portugal( a DPRK first) for it's citizens because the DPRK is looking at least decent in the tourney, and in return gets pummeled 7-0. (At which point the French look over at Kim Jong Il and give it their best "Life is a bitch, no?" shrug.

John Terry actin' like the captain.

Referee in the Brasil/Ivory Coast game jokes with Louis Fabiano about the handball he committed while scoring his second goal and then lets the goal stand. Face meet palm. Then gives Kaka' a second yellow for walking in a straight line.(referee benched after review)

That fucker from Mali gets the axe.

And lastly, that my lovely wife hasn't given me even the slightest amount of shit over how much football I am watching.

gazza

Post by gazza » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:19 pm

My wife and I call each other at work to discuss the games.

+ 1 on all your observations.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 am

Had a lot to say during this World Cup but kept it in.

Until now.

Fucking Yes Ingerlund!

That is all.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

if

Post by Drift » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:39 am

If I had any sort of heart problem, I'd now be occupying space at the morgue. And I need a drink. And a valium.

I'm actually glad England got through as well. It would have been a poorer final 16 if they hadn't, no matter the struggles they've had.

sun rat
Dominatrix of Skulduggery

Post by sun rat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 am

i was sad to see france go. they have been my favs since their epic win in 98. alas. now i shall keep hoping for a deutschland win.

i wish i could watch on tv...
fuck it all.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Sunny, you shouldn'r be sad, you should be embarassed with all other bleu supporters--a soap opera debacle. France was a pathetic mess. Now the azzuri are out too--finishing last in their group--mama mia.

Other thoughts:

Glad local boy Donovan pulled through yesterday(lotsa people I work with know him). Glad we won our group so we don't have to play the Krauts--would have been uncivil at my parents house with a US-Deutschland game. Me and pop for US, and dear mom for the Krauts. US has to figure out how to nut up for the first 30 minutes of play.

All the Mexi supporters here in SoCal are chest thumping again, as they always do, convinced they're gonna do it this time, and will own Argentina. Time to ready up the sad songs for the Tri once again.

Germany England will be interesting, with ballack already out, now Schweinsteiger is iffy. But I LOVE watching Özil play--he's clearly their MVP.

Happy to see both Korea and Japan move on--both underdogs, but may do well enough to contain the strikers and score in the mean time.

Have always liked Holland since watching Cruyff as a kid, but I think their results are misleading and have to play better.

Would be fun to see Spain dump out too--I like underdogs, and would be neat to see Chile and the Swiss move on.

Portugal and Brazil may meet in the final.

unless the refs find more ways to fuck up this tournament. Awful officiating. Overcalling bumps as fouls, and completely blind to dives. Bush league.
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:06 pm

erosvamp wrote:Does anyone have a live stream link for the us/england game this afternoon? I am stuck in a conference
Go hhere:
http://espn.go.com/espn3/index/_/sport/soccer-futbol

Late, I know, but I just found this out yesterday. Looks like they're streaming every game (no cable or innernet at home, so guess what I did at work yesterday and today :P )
'74 R90/6--Thor
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Jonny wrote:Had a lot to say during this World Cup but kept it in.

Until now.

Fucking Yes Ingerlund!

That is all.
Huh? An Ozzie pullling for the Poms? Fuggin confused now, Jon. Loved the Oz-Serbia ggame--glad they could take something positive home. The Cahill Red was complete bullshit--was a yellow at best. Fucked up officiating.
'74 R90/6--Thor

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:15 am

Fuck the World Cup up the arsehole. Or the England squad. Or both.

gazza

Post by gazza » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:47 pm

it will be ok Jonny. It will be ok.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Zer0 wrote:Huh? An Ozzie pullling for the Poms? Fuggin confused now, Jon.
Yeah, seems a bit odd I know. My father is English but I was born in Aus. Dad and I would watch Match of the Day together and all the England international matches that were broadcast on the telly.

I used to cop all sorts of shit at school as a lad for being a "whinging bloody pom" which only served to galvanize my footballing convictions. I was routinely made sport of until a Scottish kid started coming to school. There's no escaping with an accent like that.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 am

gazza wrote:it will be ok Jonny. It will be ok.
Only if England learns to evolve its play to world soccer, as opposed to English soccer, which is stale and lumbering on the world stage.

This is the exact problem for the US team in WBC baseball (soert of the baseball world cup). It's pitching and small ball that wins it, as Japan can testify to, not powerball, which works in the major Leagues.

But in the end, Germany outplayed the Limeys--though Gerard was makinfg some wicked shots.
'74 R90/6--Thor

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Ghana outplayed the US, period. They capitalized on opportunities, the US didn't.

Mexico did what everyone in the world knows what it;ll do, except if you're Mexican. Here in SoCal, all we heard was Mexico, Mexico, Mexico--this time they're gonna do it--super arrogant fans. Boy was it quiet around here after the Argentina game.

Mexico = CONCACAF giant, world cup minnow.

Brazil was excellent yesterday.

Spain-Portugal streaming right now. Not much going on at work for the next coupla hours. Portuguese will have to step up--Ronaldo can't do it all. Spain should go through--unless it goes to PKs--then it's a tossup.
'74 R90/6--Thor

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:13 am

RANT: Fuck every diver and flopper. The rulkes still aren't enforced. If you flop in the opponents penalty area, you get a red and the other team gets a PK. More yellows for floppers. Bob Bradley agrees--this flopping is ridiculous (but that doesn't sdtop Dempsey and Donovan from sissying it up when they can)

Habitual floppers should be forced to wear diapers or onesies on the field--their choice, but they have to choose one.

This is the number one maddening thing about soccer that I loathe.

There.
'74 R90/6--Thor

gazza

Post by gazza » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:56 pm

The problem with diving is that is definitely gives you an advantage if the ref falls for it. No pun intended.

When some of the players get paid ridiculous amounts of money, they have to get results.

Unfortunately, some think that acting like they are fouled or hurt will help them get that advantage and be winners. This makes other players say "well if they are doing it, maybe I can do it too".

And the cycle goes on.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Whoddahyahrekkon, Germany score another 4 goals tonight?

I must admit, they play a brand of football these days that is very easy on the eye. Germany deserves to do well, for the good of football, for staying on your feet during a tackle, and for only using your hand when you've got gloves and a funny shirt on.

Buggery for Suarez with a thick splintery thing.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 am

Well, according to Paul the Teutonic Prognosticating Octupus, Germany can score all the goals they want; Spain's scoring more. He predicted Spain will win :roll:

Yup, since I watching German teams play in the 80s, this team is the most dynamic, energetic and innovative. But people can argue that they really haven't played any great teams, that Argentina was overinflated.

But Spain hasn't dominated, and Torres isn't doinf much, while Müller won't be playing because of that bullshit handball call.

This game should be close, and being a German fatalist, I'm not calling a winner because each team can beat the other, even 5though Germany's on a roll.

And if Germany wins, they'l play another traditional favorite of mine over the years in the final--at least the Dutch don't have to play the host team in the finals this time.

And here we go disagreeing again, Jon. I don't blame Suarez for anything--anyone would have done it to trade a sure goal and loss into a 90% goal and possible life.
'74 R90/6--Thor