PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

The Futbol Supporters Thread

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
gazza
Minister of Weather Control

Post by gazza » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Good summary of the game. Hammers are on a two win streak and have Man U tomorrow night.

A draw would be heavenly.

The Wakening of the Ancient Ice Cthulhu.
2001 Speedtona

2004 Triumph RS - TOURFIGHTER - cryogenically stored in SoCal.
2016 Scomadi 125
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400 SM - sold
2006 Evil Duc - sold via permission from Rock.

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gazza

Post by gazza » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Did anyone see the leg breaking tackle on Arsenal's Jack Ramsey today?

tough.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drift
Magnum Jihad

yeesh

Post by Drift » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:01 pm

I was watching, that was gruesome.

Didn't seem like a collision that would have that kind of outcome.

I feel for the kid.
The Lemonade is a LIE!!! - Captain

1999 Kawasaki 1500 Drifter
1993 GSXR 750 RatFighter (in progress)

gazza

Post by gazza » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

International action, any comments?

I expected the US/Netherlands result.

Egypt went up 1-0 at the half at Wembley, that was exciting, but I am glad England came through.

Germany 0-1 Argentina - tough call
France 0-2 Spain France seem to be fading fast.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

inter

Post by Drift » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

I too expected the US/Nederlands result. I forgot to set my DVR and ended up watching it on the net at work (did I happen to mention that I'm the world's best employee?). However, I was encouraged by how well we did do (in the second half) considering all of the injuries to key players. There were a few really good runs and solid chances. Landon needs to step up the visible profile of his leadership on the field.

And the Dutch midfield? Crushing. The US players need to watch that midfield and emulate it.

I haven't made the rounds on the soccer sites today. I'm gonna hit up some highlights clips for the rest.

And if you didn't notice, I changed the name on the thread as we're going farther than just MLS. I think we need to get Dan to make this a sticky.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

UEFA Champions league - Arsenal v Porto

Post by Drift » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 pm

So, apparently Porto's win in the first leg against Aresnal was a mega-fluke, as The Gunners destroyed Porto 5-nil in the second.

I was home sick, watching live on FSC and if you didn't see Samir Nasri's 3or4 on 1 goal, you missed a stunner. Purest of jangleplatz on a pitch filled with jangleplatz.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tx-R5jxpr4

Why won't the embed code from Youtube work?

gazza

Post by gazza » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:50 pm

I watched that last night too. I am not a big Nasri fan, but that was some excellent shit.

Oh, guess who has two season opener tickets to the D.C. United game?

This guy. D.C. vs NE Rev. April 3 or 4th, I can't remember right now.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

werd

Post by Drift » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Awesome on the tix.

Guess who's on his way to the Sounders / Portland Cinders (MLS 2011) Charity Shield match in oh...about an hour?..yeah that's right, this guy (making Fonzie thumbs). Time for some pints and screamin.

The Needles are going to put the spankt on the Portland Scum!!!!

UP UP YOU NEEDLES!!!!

UP UP THE ECS!!! :evil:

gazza

Post by gazza » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Sounds great. Let me know how it goes.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

The tumblers

Post by Drift » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 am

Well...that could have gone better. The night kinda went like this: :D :) :( :o :shock: :yuck: :x

No excuses. We dominated every stat line but the score line and went down 1-0. It was really frustrating to hear how over the preseason, which has been a relatively long one, we've made improvements to our main weakness - finishing goals when the chances present themselves, only to have that be the very reason we end up losing to a 2nd division side.

Our two main forward scoring threats, Steve Zakuani and Freddy Montero seemed like they hadn't made any progress since the last day of last season. Montero continually pulled up on runs into the box and instead of being there when the cross came, was two or three steps behind, and there were a few PERFECT balls laid across the mouth of the goal. It made him look lazy. Zakuani is just hesitant to pull the trigger and is always looking for one more pass or move. Ex-Aresenal man, Fredy Ljungberg, was also pushed up front and showed some real fire in the belly for it being a charity "friendly" (no such thing in the SEA/PDX rivalry). The one positive I can note is better, more accurate movement of the ball. Last year it seemed like passes were inaccurate and without zip, having to be played by more than one touch most of the time. This year one-touch control and confidence seems much improved.

The Sounders couldn't seem to put together any long threatening runs and honestly looked like they'd been together for a couple of weeks instead of a month and a half.

Portland on the other hand, was tough in their half of the pitch. With Freddy and Zak constantly slowing the attack, Portland showed real discipline in getting nearly everyone in the box every time there was a threat and it had it's desired result of making open chances few and far between. But that's the big leagues, right? Got to thread it.

Their lineup contained a bunch of last minute additions, all MLS guys positioning themselves to be on the squad next year. On the Portland discussion board today, their supporters were calling it probably the best lineup they had ever fielded, and even the best that had ever been fielded by a USL team. One thing, they made the Sounders look small.

Though kinda rough, they were scrappy and capitalized (once) on their chances and our mistakes. Our best defender, JK Hurtado went into brain freeze and screwed the pooch on one of the two breakaway runs, leading to a goal that no keeper on earth could have stopped(even our legendary keeper Kasey Keller - exFulham). They actually should have had two, but pushed it just wide to get rejected by the post on a gaping, open net.

All credit to Portland for playing tough and getting the job done where it counts - the score line.

Thank jebus this was only the preseason. It also showed well that 19,000 came out to support in the wind and pouring rain, for a nearly unadvertised match.

Our new striker, Swiss National and Dutch league scoring legend for FC Twente, Blaise Nkufo, doesn't get here until the WC is over. If Montero and Zakuani can't get their shit together quickly, we could be in for a very long season.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:00 am

Chelski vs West Ham, half time and it's 1-1. Scott Parker's goal was an absolute cracker! He was given a bit of room and just buried the ball from outside the area. Class. From then on I couldn't hear the Chelsea support at all. And it's their home ground.

Hammers are not looking so solid at the back and I imagine a few changes might happen around 65 minutes in.

Great to hear the Hammers support still giving Lumphard shit, and Terry is getting a good dose, too.

Wish I was there.

COME ON YOU IRONS!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:01 am

Pack of fucking cunts.

Robert Green and Scott Parker were just brilliant.

West Ham are just lacking organisation in defence and could do with a real creative midfielder. And a hard-nut enforcer midfielder. A goal poacher would be nice, too.

I watch, full of hope, scream for the goals, curse bitterly when we concede, but keep supporting. Hope.

West Ham United. We'll be there at the end of the year.

Oh, I think we'd do fine without Mido. Yes, he can score goals, but he has no heart.

gazza

Post by gazza » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:56 am

Drift, I had been looking for a game review, but never saw one online.

Remember that Lungberg was also a Hammer.

Jonny, a draw would have been a dream result against Chelski, but I new we were going down at the Bridge.

Have you seen this blog: http://www.westhamtillidie.com/
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks for the blog link, Gazza. I think he's pretty spot-on with his opinions.

Feeling a bit sad for Becks. Looks like he won't be available for the World Cup after buggering up his achillies (?iirc). Poor bastard must be totally gutted. He may recover in time, but seems doubtful he'll regain match fitness.

I know he's a bit of a controversial figure, so say what you will, but he has always been genuine quality, and I just feel quite sad for him. He's already won the most caps for England and this would have been a record-breaking fourth WC.

Hoping he proves the medics wrong and makes the team!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

what's next?

Post by Drift » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:36 pm

You know, it seems just as easy to be a Beckham hater as it is to be a ManU fan :D . It's douchebag this, asshole that. I just don't get it. Yeah, he's famous, rich and looks like a model, but...so what? Every single word I've ever heard that guy utter has been total class, and his playing? Jebus. Who else in the world would you want feeding you the ball? And how cool was it to hear him explain why he put on the green and gold at Old Trafford?

Like I said, I just don't get it.

On to more pressing matters, like will the MLS manage to self-destruct right at the point when they are finally starting to realize their goals? This CBA thing has got me nervous. After reading what few details have come out, it seems like the players have some legitimate complaints that need to be rectified. I was looking at player salaries for the Sounders, and while about half of them make a pretty decent wage, the other half are just getting by or not even. Sanna Nyassi makes $20k a year to play in the MLS? WTF? Roger Levesque (all hail the 'stache) makes $40k? For fucks sake, that's what I make. The fact that there is no way to achive free-agent status, even after becoming a senior player in the league, seems unfair in the most heavy handed way.

Personally, I just want them to play, but I have to side with the players. Hopefully, magic Landycakes can some effect on the proceedings in DC, if he's not just sandbaggin it so he can get back to Everton.

It's gonna get interesting here in Sea-town if the players strike and the FO tries to field scabs on opening day.

Also looking forward to the Gunners/Hammers match tomorrow. I'll be cheering on the Hammers in honor of the brothers here.

gazza

Post by gazza » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Beckham, Rossi, people love them and they love to hate them.

Both are atheletes that will be remembered as great champions.

Hammers did well for the most part against the gunners. I did not have high expectations.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

oi....no wait...oy vey.

Post by Drift » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Yeah, the Hammers didn't have much for Wenger's crew. I'm beggining to hate the Arses. Why? Dunno...just starting to for some reason.

Thank jebus the MLS was able to get it together. That was too close to being just one big fucking disaster.

Now the question is: Do I remain being "good daddy" and watch the Sounders thursday match against the new Philly scumfuckers on the telly(because it's my kids's birthday - to be fair, their B-day party is on Saturday), or do I go the "bad daddy" route and take the totally free, swanky, club level tickets to the aforementioned footy match that were just offered to me?

OH NAMELESS DIETY WHO MAY OR MAY NOT EXIST, WHY DO YOU TEST ME SO?!?!?!?!

BAHHHH!!!!

Just watched Leeds go down to Millwall, 2-nil :x At least I was on the clock while doing it.

Today has had the suck stamped all over it.

gazza

Post by gazza » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:04 am

I must say that I prefer Tottenham over Arsenal.

THe club tickets dilema is a tough one.

Three questions:
How old is your kid?
What time does the game start?
Does your sig. other not want you to go?

I am in a state of deep reserve because the Hammers are looking pretty sorry. My only hope is the DC / Revolution match with brunch in Charm City afterwards.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

and on

Post by Drift » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 am

I must say that I prefer Tottenham over Arsenal.
I agree. I like watching the Spurs play just about anyone but Leeds. :)
Three questions:
How old is your kid?
What time does the game start?
Does your sig. other not want you to go?
1- Twins, boy and a girl, 5yrs old today
2- 6:30pm PST, so no time to go home (home-18 miles away, work - nearly right next to the pitch) after work.
3- Strangely enough, she would have been kinda OK with it, but I moved up in the table with the "good daddy" decision. Those tickets will actually come round again pretty soon, the birthday won't.

So, the telly it is.

gazza

Post by gazza » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:16 pm

watching it on TV with your two best mates sounds great.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Olé olé olé!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC6kq9m12Mw&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC6kq9m12Mw&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:50 am

I am going to try that next time.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:23 am

All I have to say is this:

gazza

Post by gazza » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Three massive points!
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

well

Post by Drift » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:53 pm

It's been a tough week to be a Sounder supporter. Leeds on the other hand well...I'm becoming superstitious so I'm not saying one word about 'em until these next two games are over.

The Sounders are continuing the trend of low goal production that they set during the second half of last season. The finishing sucks. This week saw us leave 5 points on the road that should have come home. There was an uproar about the officitiating in Dallas (for the record - Referee Terry Vaughn's granny sucks cocks in hell), and while justified, is no excuse for not finishing perfectly easy, open chances on goal that would have rendered the officiating fiasco a moot point as would have keeping the ball out of our end in stoppage time.

For those not in the know, Sounders had Dallas 2-1 going into the 94th minute, only to have Terry Vaughn give a penalty kick to Dallas that was both a frightningly horrible call (as agreed upon by the Dallas players later), and dark-side-of-the-moon inconsistent with the rest of the match.

It came to a draw, it felt like a loss.

Then on to Toronto for a 2nd game in 4 days, EPL style. Sounders coach Sigi "Stardust" Schmid radically changed up the starting lineup and we played good possession football, but once again our inability to put the ball in the back of the net after creating good chances kept Toronto in the game. I never thought I would long to have Nate Jaqua in the lineup, but his presence (flailing giraffe-esque as it may be) is noticeably missed and I think I gave him too much shit last season.

Toronto capitalized on two MAJOR FUCKING ERRORS (read-poor ball handling in the box and a lacksadisical pass) by our two most consistent defenders and pulled out a much deserved win. I wish that guy De Rosario was on our side. I've been watching him for a couple of years now and he just strikes me as an old school hard-man (even with the ridiculous Bo Derek corn rows) with the ability to make shit happen and a level of INTENSITY that is lacking on the Sounders.

After watching the EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Champions League religiously all winter, I think I may be expecting too much from our lads in only their second year in MLS.

Oh well, SOUNDERS 'TIL I DIE!!!

gazza

Post by gazza » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Don't sweat the Sounders. D.C. have not won a game. They have not even scored a goal.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Glory, Glory Leeds United!

Post by Drift » Mon May 10, 2010 4:02 pm

FUCK 'EM ALL!!! ONE POINT OVER MILLWALL, WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK, THEY'VE DONE THE DEED AND MADE 'EM BLEED, LEEDS IS GOING UP! LEEDS IS GOING UP!!!

Goodbye Leauge One! Hello Championship! Premiership, you're next.

I have nothing to say about the Sounders as I might have a bit of the depressions set in. 'Oly Fookin 'Ell.

gazza

Post by gazza » Mon May 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Depression currently rides with D.C.

Hammers are through until next season!
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

oy

Post by Drift » Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 am

Saw that the Hammers got through, that's good to see.

This last debaucle, losing 4-nil to the damn Galaxy at home, was a horrific sight to see. In fact, it was so bad the Sounders front office has given a refund to season ticket holders (all 32.5K) for the match.

After going down 2-nil they just gave up. It was truly pathetic. On a brighter note though, the first MLS minutes for our new rookie Miguel Montano looked jangleplatz! That guy is gonna be huge (and probably gone to Europe in the next couple of seasons).

I'm still in the glow about Leeds.

LEEDS IS GOING UP!!

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 am

http://outofbounds.yahoo.com/?id=19869555

Go to 1:12 and try to figure out wtf this guy's saying. The best is at 1:24. Sorry, host is annoying
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...