PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

The Futbol Supporters Thread

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Drift
Magnum Jihad

socc-talk

Post by Drift » Mon May 17, 2010 11:13 am

Fuckin HI-larious.

I was able to make out "Piquionne" (on loan from Lyon to Pompey) and "foot".

The Lemonade is a LIE!!! - Captain

1999 Kawasaki 1500 Drifter
1993 GSXR 750 RatFighter (in progress)

gazza
Minister of Weather Control

Post by gazza » Mon May 17, 2010 4:44 pm

I watched Leeds a few times this year. They did well.
The Wakening of the Ancient Ice Cthulhu.
2001 Speedtona

2004 Triumph RS - TOURFIGHTER - cryogenically stored in SoCal.
2016 Scomadi 125
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400 SM - sold
2006 Evil Duc - sold via permission from Rock.

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Leeds, Leeds, Leeds

Post by Drift » Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 am

Leeds squeaked it out, that's for sure. Its a step in the right direction, and no damn last promotion spot playoff to dick around with.

A couple of years in the Championship, the addition of a couple of solid players with experience and it'll be up once more, back where they belong.

I really hope Pompey doesn't take the scenic route to League One and that they stabilize in the Championship. It's going to be rough on 'em. I watched that FA Cup final against Chelski and they damn near pulled that one out. They've got some heart.

gazza

Post by gazza » Tue May 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Pompey did well didn't they. I hope West Ham get Grant.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!
http://rockersnotfighters.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drift
Magnum Jihad

wha?

Post by Drift » Thu May 27, 2010 4:12 pm

Sounders 3 - 0 Boca Juniors

Buh-bye now, thanks for playin.

I know it was a friendly and all, but shit. All the goals came from our subs, even one who hasn't been officially signed by the club and never had one minute in a match before.

How do you say "You got knocked the fuck out!" en espanol?

\oo/ :D \oo/

gazza

Post by gazza » Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 pm

I never trust the international friendlies. When DC beats a scrub AC Milan team, you know it just isn't right.

Good to see subs getting some playing time though.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Fri May 28, 2010 7:12 am

Orright, haven't been on this thread for a while. I'm going to get to the point, run a few ideas up the flag pole, and put it all in bullet points.

*Fucking hate Leeds. Play like a bunch of playground thugs. More interested in kicking the opposition than kicking the ball. They were like that in the '70's and nothing has changed now (one player sent of for violent conduct in their final match this season, right?). Learn to play football and leave the handbags at home you twats.

*Very disappointed that WHU got rid of Zola. The club needs stability and I think Zola has all the potential to be a great manager. Not inspired by the new owners at all and I don't think Avram Grant is a good choice for the club. I'd MUCH rather see Slaven Bilic get the job; the man's got passion, a footballing brain, managerial experience, and a WHUFC heritage. Thanks for keeping us up, GZ, and bring on Bilic!

*South Africa 2010, come on Ingerlund you Bastards!!!!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Fri May 28, 2010 7:22 am

Drift
Magnum Jihad

oi

Post by Drift » Fri May 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Oi johnny, that's the spirit!

So I take it you're not a fan of Leeds. The Teutonic Jebus giving me the finger is brilliant, but I'll have to forward your desecration of the crest to Bulldog Russ, who will be jetpacking to Nippon Land and seeing you presently.

You call it
Play like a bunch of playground thugs
I call it hard-nosed, hard challenge football by a side scratching their way up out of the basement with everything they've got.

You said:
They were like that in the '70's
I say thanks. That's probably the best compliment anyone could pay. Patrick Kisnorbo would probably kiss you right on the mouth for saying that.

I wish I had some hatred of The Hammers to throw in your face, but unfortunately for me I don't. I'm sure it'll develop if the boys keep on the path up, so I guess there's hope.

How about this: West Ham just confirmed Avram Grant, so there fucker! :lol:

Gazza - Yeah, I got ya on the friendlies, but man, it's been tough and at this point we needed some positive to build on other than the fact that the Sounders are actually creating chances by the bucket. It's finishing those chances that's been the killer. That last match against San Jose we out-shot them 18-3 and at least 5-6 of those were good chances that were just pushed high or wide because our forwards are, honestly, really, really nervous with the ball and are, I'll say it, choking. Hello Brad Evans (who shouldn't even be up front). Schmid put him up front the last few games and he choked on EVERY shot he took, some of them at an open net. Against Boca he missed a wide open, easy tap in from two fucking yards. TWO YARDS! (did I mention OVER THE FRAME) It rivaled that horrendous miss of Landons at Everton in it's overwhelming suckness. Choke. Ljungberg, choke. Montero, choke.

I'm not sure how it is in the other MLS cities, but man, there's a ton of pressure to perform here, from a shitload of supporters and fans alike to the local media who have moved beyond having to provide coverage and are now giving them coverage daily and developing a taste for the game . They are feelin it and not responding well.

IF they can pull it together, loosen up a little and play up to their potential, there's still time to save this campaign. Maybe Nkufo can bring some leadership to this side after the World Cup.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 am

Hahahaha! Nice one, Drift. :lol:

I should say a few things in regards to my previous post. Firstly, I was bordering shitfaced drunk at the time. I tend to spout filth in the face of the supporter of any club other than WHUFC whilst in such a state. This habit has led to many interesting conversations during football matches watched in public houses. Let's just say I'm lucky I still have all my own teeth. :lol:

Do I hate Leeds? Well, yes, because they are not West Ham. That fact alone make them worthy of some kind of tirade.

The Leeds teams of the '70's were winners, true, but dirty, violent, diving, cheating ones. I'm not advocating soft football at all, but give me a team that will play attractive football, tackle hard, but also respect their fellow professionals, referees, and the rules of the game. Much like WHUFC.

The two images I posted came after a quick Google image search for "Fuck off Leeds United" or something along those lines, so I can't lay claim to any originality there. But yes, it seems that even Jesus doesn't like Leeds United.

I will give Leeds this: I thought they were doing a great job when they had David O'Leary as manager and he had the balls to play such a young side. Must've been stuff he picked up from his time playing for Arsenal, because they were playing quite a positive, exciting brand of football for those few seasons. Shame it all went to hell.

I haven't heard anything about Grant being given the job at West Ham; a bit of speculation on the Beebs, and nothing at all on the WHU website, so shut yer flamin' gob! :lol:

Will the real Avram Grant please step forward:

gazza

Post by gazza » Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 am

Crikey!
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

grant

Post by Drift » Sat May 29, 2010 2:20 pm

I saw the Grant thing on the Fox Soccer Report last night, They said he was already digging his way through 30 players on the transfer list who were possible for West Ham.

With the way that dude looks, you expect him to be leading you down into some dungeon or secret underground laboratory. He just needs a hump and a candleabra.

Gotta go play the Wii with the kid.

C'mon you Sounders! Pull it together tonight boys....

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Sun May 30, 2010 3:18 pm

England 2 - 1 Japan

Match Report:

England were total shite. I have not seen such a disjointed performance from any side in years. The players should be hanging their heads in shame. The Japanese must be going home thinking "How do you score 3 goals in a match and yet lose 2 -1?"

A pathetic display of "football".

UndertheGun
Barista of Doom

Post by UndertheGun » Sun May 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Lol

My host father and I watched the match last night too. I'm sure England was tired but they were fucking sloths. Both of their “goals“ were total flukes. Hopefully they don't perform this poorly once the games begin to matter.

Despite their last two goals, Japan did play a hell of a lot better than their previous game against Korea. I'm not sure that is saying much but maybe they won't be complete failures in the WC...
Also, I think the'd be much better served without a mediocre J-league manager.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Mon May 31, 2010 1:34 am

England were an embarrassment last night, but I do think Tulio's own goal was the result of pressure from a decent ball into the box. The second own goal was pure luck, and Lumphard's missed penalty says a lot about Englands performance.

I think from the outset Englands players underestimated the Japanese team, and then once they went a goal down they got more and more despereate as the match went on. Rooney, however, played quite well, but continually needed to drop back into midfield to try and create something because no-one else was going to do something special or make much of an opportunity for the forwards.

The Japanese manager? I do not rate him at all and have no idea why they chose him in the first place. Judging on past performances, Japan needs another foreign manager that will put a bomb under the players and push them to really perform.

England may have been TOTAL shite, but Japan lost the match. That says a lot for the current state of Japanese football and it makes me sad.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Mon May 31, 2010 7:20 am

Drift, seems your Leeds has lost their top goal scorer to Everton:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 714418.stm

gazza

Post by gazza » Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 am

You knew someone would pick him up. He was on fire in the FA cup.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Becks

Post by Drift » Mon May 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Right on. I was wondering who was going to pick him up. Soccer Report comes on in another hour or so.

Hopefully, Mike Grella(USA) can turn on the burners now. Grella sold everthing and bought a one way ticket to England, convinced he could be a first team player somewhere and took a very realistic perception of his skills with him. I've seen him work very well with both Becchio and Kandol and if what I've seen is any indicator, he'll put in the extra effort to be ready for the Championship sides.

Gonna have to lay down the extra duckets for the expanded soccer package now that Leeds coverage will be included.

LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!!

I can't talk about the Sounders right now. I wonder if they make soccer specific anti-depressants. Oh yeah, they do. WENCH, FETCH ME A GUINNESS AND KEEP 'EM COMING!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 am

Oh hoo-fucking-rah:

Questionable New Ownership Make Management Appointment

[deadpan sarcasm]Yay. Can't wait for next season.[/deadpan sarcasm]

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 am

I have no faith in WHUFC's ownership at all.

Regarding the Grant signing they said: "I think it's time for the football club to get some stability with people that have been there, done that and got the T-shirt. What we need is a manager who has achieved, has experience. We are not in a position where we can take on young, inexperienced managers."

Grant has managed a few sides in the Israeli league, was in "charge" of the Chelsea squad (for less than a season) that was unchanged after Mourinho left (and still obviously motivated by their ex-manager), and saw Portsmouth relegated, although having a good Cup run (again less than a season).

I can't really see how Grant has proven himself as a class, experienced manager.

Compared to Zola, who did very well in his first season with the club, and then in his second season, with all the uncertainty over the club's ownership, plus loads of bullshit from the new owners, scrapped a tight survival. I'd say sticking with Zola would've added to the stability and future of WHUFC.

"We did ask Franco to keep us up and he did that, but I think we need to move on from that. New owners like to choose their own people." Which underlines the fact that they care more about running the club their way than they care about the staff, support, legacy, and future of West Ham United FC.

Not impressed.

Drift
Magnum Jihad

granto

Post by Drift » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Johnny, I agree 100%. Sticking with Zola would have, in my opinion been a better choice, and for all of the reasons you listed.

I think they've got a tough season coming up.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Yeah, and add in the fact that the owners have said "everyone is for sale, except Scott Parker", well yes, I think the coming season might be a bit worrying.

I hate it when people fuck with my football club.
Last edited by Jonny on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:24 pm

I think I have been depressed since Zola left, I mean I like Grant ok, but I just don't want them to sink.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:49 am

To the staff, players, and support: let's see times like this again!

gazza

Post by gazza » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Drift,

Tonight it's on DC vs Sounders. A great way to prep for the World Cup is by watching a crap D.C. team the night before.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

Drift
Magnum Jihad

Oi

Post by Drift » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Shit man. Can we do ANYTHING right? United looked way different last night. The one thing that was obvious, and you don't see it much in MLS, was DC knowing their game plan and sticking to it. Once again, the Sounders just couldn't get a ball in goal (until the 90th fucking minute) even though we controlled posession and played mostly in United's half of the pitch.

No excuses. Keller made uncharacteristic mistakes and it cost us, and our back line played like they were in Rec League a couple of times and DC capitalized just like they should when the opportunity presents. DC played well and deserved the win they got. Fuck.

I hate bitching about the officiating (and in no way am I blaming the ref for last night's loss) but something has to be done, league wide, to define what is and what is not an acceptable challenge. My take is that if you are playing the ball then a hard challenge is part of the game, but when a challenge comes that in no way makes any attempt to play the ball, and is dangerous, that the card needs to be shown. Last night I saw three challenges that made no attempt to play the ball and wouldn't be legal in rugby. Two were made against the Sounders (Zakuani and Montero) where the challenging player came in with a flying knee to the back, both times knocking the challenge-ee hard to the ground. The other was the Sounders Patrick Ianni, blatantly just taking out a United player that was starting a run into the final 1/3rd. All should have been met with cards, but were deemed no calls.

FIFA needs to drop the hammer on the MLS officials. It makes the league look like a joke. The season is over in Europe, can't we get some of those guys to work here in the off season (except that one dude who presided over the Arsenal/Porto fiasco)?

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Anybody like rugby? NRL anyone?

Am I an outcast among the outcasts?
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:22 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:Anybody like rugby? NRL anyone?

No man, this is the real futbol thread, not some rugby BS. Start your own ruby thread.

DC. looked like a totally different team last night and I think it was because they were playing so many young guys. As you can see, it is no longer about Emilio and Moreno. They looked great last night.

Sorry for your loss.
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm

gazza wrote:

No man, this is the real futbol thread, not some rugby BS. Start your own ruby thread.

Soccer is for guys that don't have the balls to play rugby.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

gazza

Post by gazza » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:
gazza wrote:

Soccer is for guys that don't have the balls to play rugby.
Wicked burn! How much do they play? One cauliflower ear and most are done.

THe only rugby I have watched is six nations. Plus, rugby is too upper class anyway. Keep it working class, keep it football!
2001 Speedtona

2016 Scomadi 125

1973 CB 750 - SOLD!