PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 am

Zim wrote:Image

Being flummoxed.

Drive shaft seal?

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:31 am

Recovering from a tooth pulling.... Feels like I got socked by Mike Tyson. At least it didn't cost me anything....
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed May 21, 2014 10:33 am

I came home from work today.
Next to the door, right inside the building's hallway, well stairwell really, are the tenant's letterboxes. On top of which the postmen will deposit items that don't fit, or that have the right address but a name that is not on any of the letterboxes.
There was something there, so I took a look.
It seems I have a new neighbor. Their name?

Maico Redline.

I KID YOU NOT! :mrgreen:
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed May 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Zim wrote:Image

Being flummoxed.
Knowing that someone changed my foot pegs so they no longer matched would flummox the living shit out of me.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed May 21, 2014 2:33 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:Drive shaft seal?
Frequently.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Zim wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:Drive shaft seal?
Frequently.

Bad bearing
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Just barfed up a burrito..... food poisoning. Hurt so bad I thought it was appendicitis.

All better now

Carry on...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Fri May 23, 2014 1:35 am

Sorry to hear about your burrito! That's never fun...

I wired the Gut Hook, took damn near all day.
Two volumes, one tone, three way pickup switch, two sing/hum switches and one switch to put the pickups out of phase.
016.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri May 23, 2014 11:40 am

I just went to grab dinner from the greek diner next door.
I got a fraction of a second of a fright.
The lady behind the counter, she said "It's almost done, one minute."
Only she said it with her hands resting on about 9 months worth of child-in-the-making.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri May 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Got off work early, so I have been setting foundations for a rainwater harvesting tower. Tomorrow, we build!
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Fri May 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Pondering if I want to swap the clutch in the Superbeetle this weekend or not...
Sanity has left the building

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Sat May 24, 2014 1:44 am

wyckedsin wrote:Pondering if I want to swap the clutch in the Superbeetle this weekend or not...
It'll be fun.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Sat May 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Getting drunk, celebrating my first day of less than eight hours of work in a day in about a month. Successfully replaced a belt in my POS lawnmower, but now it's going to rain for another four days, so I'll be cutting down a fucking rainforest.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:36 am

Just got back from seeing Under the Skin.

Not sure what to say about it. It's weird though....
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed May 28, 2014 6:44 am

Griping.

My wife took her car to the dealer for an inspection. Dealer commented about the "sap" on the car, which is normally parked under an oak tree. When asked if we have a garage to park the car in, my wife tells the guy "Yes, but my husband keeps his motorcycles in there".

Reply: "Well, you can just move them outside and throw a cover over them".

Excuse me fuck you do what? My garage. My sanctuary. My workshop. Got my tools in there, my Mr. Rogers motorcycle gear closet, an area to ride the bike in and work on it, or keep it cozy. It's not a car parking area. Fucking 'put a cover over them'. Asshole.

:/
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 am

Zim wrote:Griping.
My wife took her car to the dealer for an inspection. Dealer commented about the "sap" on the car, which is normally parked under an oak tree. When asked if we have a garage to park the car in, my wife tells the guy "Yes, but my husband keeps his motorcycles in there".
And this is their business how, precisely? Is sap on the car a safety hazard? No? Then they can kindly fuck the hell off. :)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed May 28, 2014 7:45 am

Mother Russia can put that ugly valance over the kitchen sink. She can arrange the furniture in the living room whichever way she wants. Flowers on the porch? Family pictures on the walls? A slate painted with snowmen near the front door still hanging after winter? Throw pillows? I really don't care... just leave my Ukraine garage alone.

But Nooo, she's got three pro Russian loyalists parking their bicycles and scooters in there! Her little puppets are trying to boot me out! And now there's this bastard car dealer (nicknamed Stormin' Norman... I'm not kidding) spouting his rhetoric!

It's a two-car garage, and I'm worried that one bay will go Crimean on me.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:21 am

Zim wrote:Griping.

Reply: "Well, you can just move them outside and throw a cover over them".

Excuse me fuck you do what? My garage. My sanctuary. My workshop. Got my tools in there, my Mr. Rogers motorcycle gear closet, an area to ride the bike in and work on it, or keep it cozy. It's not a car parking area. Fucking 'put a cover over them'. Asshole.

:/

This is your answer.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Wed May 28, 2014 12:12 pm

You tell Norman that I said he can just fuck right off.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:18 pm

guitargeek wrote:You tell Norman that I said he can just fuck right off.

I'll double down on that...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Procrastinating.........

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed May 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Nightdreaming, playing around with sandpaper, a Dremel, and Mothers.

Good? No. Shiny-er? Yep.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Assembly is done, now comes set up, where I try to wrestle the thing into shape.
The neck has a back-bow with a little twist toward the end, caused by that beautiful wave in the rosewood fretboard. Not counting the aluminum pickguard, the only original parts are made of wood.
026.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri May 30, 2014 4:30 am

For long, long before my accident even, I had considered joining that elusive and exclusive segment of the population made up by people who wear hats. I think I've mentioned that elsewhere before.
I must admit, my general aversion to go shopping for clothes, unless the one's I've got are literally falling apart or don't fit anymore at all, it kept me from following through.
In recent weeks, with the sun shining as it does when the sky gets that bewildering and intimidating, quite unnatural color (it's sorta blue-ish), I had considered it once more. Something for the summer, in straw perhaps. I had no idea where I would go to buy one, and with my last online hat-purchase having not nearly worked out, I was wary of using the internets.
Today, I was just grocery shopping and BAM, in the big-box store, already on my way to the checkout, hats. Made from straw.
Floppy straw hats like Hollywood supposes women wear when gardening. Actual boaters even! A boater was just the style I was looking for. Unfortunately, these boaters were made for tiny, puny people with tiny, puny craniums.
The odds that they'd have any sort of hat that wouldn't look entirely ridiculous on me, but would fit onto my intimidating cranium to begin with, they were ... wait, what's that?
It's pretty big, but it's not floppy ... almost like some kind of stetson, but the proportions are a bit off ... it's a panama! My second choice!
It was the very last one they had. And it FIT!
So, as of today, I'm a wearer of a hat!
Picture 9.jpg
Stylish, no?

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri May 30, 2014 6:46 am

Hats are a big commitment, don't go into this lightly...
-Davros

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:27 am

He already has the beard, how dare you question his commitment?
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri May 30, 2014 8:46 am

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 am

It is done.
020.jpg
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, too, especially the pickup switching.
Put the pickup selector toggle in the middle position and there are two very usable tones available: Single coils in phase sounds a lot like Clapton, humbuckers out of phase nails BB King's tone.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 am

So, a guitar specifically built for artists covering songs from "Riding with the King"?

It's beautiful, man!

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Fri May 30, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks! It was A LOT of work!

Also, nice hat. Panama? I'd say closer to what an American farmer might wear, looks quite functional.
When you're in J'Oklahoma, I'll take you by Tener's and Shepler's, where they have actual Stetsons in your size.
Just the smell in those places is worth a visit!
Last edited by guitargeek on Fri May 30, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.