PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:45 am

Up at 6:15am on a Sunday having some java and reading Kevin Cameron's Classic Motorcycle Race Engines

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:Watching a really shitty movie.
Do tell?
"Sideways," a pseudo-chick flick my wife had been pestering me to watch w/ her. A painfully uncomfortable movie about two 40-something losers finding themselves on a weeklong getaway trip that involves wine, a hotel room, two women, and really, really, really tacky California locations. Shot on the cheap, bad music, so-so actors. Depressing and claustrophobic.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:01 am

Sisyphus wrote: "Sideways," a pseudo-chick flick my wife had been pestering me to watch w/ her. A painfully uncomfortable movie about two 40-something losers finding themselves on a weeklong getaway trip that involves wine, a hotel room, two women, and really, really, really tacky California locations. Shot on the cheap, bad music, so-so actors. Depressing and claustrophobic.
Here, you need to get your mind off of that stinker. Have a nice glass of Merlot ... :mrgreen:
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey look at that, I just won the race.
I'm not really from around here.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:Watching a really shitty movie.
Do tell?
"Sideways," a pseudo-chick flick my wife had been pestering me to watch w/ her. A painfully uncomfortable movie about two 40-something losers finding themselves on a weeklong getaway trip that involves wine, a hotel room, two women, and really, really, really tacky California locations. Shot on the cheap, bad music, so-so actors. Depressing and claustrophobic.
Oh yeah, Indy film darling when it came out but I thought it was stupid, too. Much like Lost in Translation, way overrated for what was ultimately a mediocre and mostly boring film. At least LiT had Scarlet's ass along with Bill-freaking-Murray, although I lost a lot of respect for him because of that movie.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:42 pm

xtian wrote:Hey look at that, I just won the race.
Que?
-Davros

xtian

Post by xtian » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:
xtian wrote:Hey look at that, I just won the race.
Que?
My sunday night race, see higher in this thread.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:47 am

Ah, tres Bon.
-Davros

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:06 am

Watching my 7 y.o. reassemble a car stereo that came out of the vee dub while my wife works. At noon we switch.

sun rat
Dominatrix of Skulduggery

Post by sun rat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:54 am

Still cleaning up legal messes from bath salts idiot.
fuck it all.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 am

Installing a new forum feature. You're welcome. :mrgreen:
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Pattio wrote:I really don't want to let the XT225 go but as long as I have the highway-capable KLX650 and my dirt ambitions continue to be mild, the small one will probably have to go.
Had I the resources, I'd love to help you out with that situation. Small displacement? I'm lovin it. Alas, I also have too much stuff in my garage. Hoarder's remorse.

At the moment I'm waiting for the snow to melt. Takes an awfully long time, and like a watched pot... fucking water and heat.

Also tracking an incoming box containing motorcycle boots, of which I've never worn and am quite excited to try on. Staring at the Aerostich Darien I've waited 10 years to get, but won't be able to try out for the next couple of months or so. Dreaming of adventure up on two. Reading moto-related stuff on the Kindle. Got a bunch of moto-related stuff queued up in Netflix. Watching ADVRider like a drone.

Winter hurts.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:08 pm

It's too cold to rattlecan anything in the garage, so why not in the comfort of my own home?! The fumes will just dissipate in the basement, right? So I sprayed bedliner on the rear rack. Can went empty, so I ran out to get more. Returned in about an hour. In through the front door and...

:yuck:

So now I'm ventilating the house with fans in the window. It's 18° outside. 1/2 an hour ago it was 68° inside. Now it's 58°, and I'm not even done airing out.

:roll:
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Just finished wire brushing the pots and pans.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:47 pm

I had been making a cannon barrel on the lathe but the drill I had wasn't long enough. So I left it until I can find a bit long enough.

xtian

Post by xtian » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:11 pm

undecided. go out for chocolate croissants, or just an egg. or skip breakfast.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Done!

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:25 am

Oooh, sparkly!

:mrgreen:
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:03 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:Oooh, sparkly!

:mrgreen:
Indeed! And all it took was about a week's worth of elbow grease, a little rubbing compound and some carnauba wax.

Before:

I soda blasted the very corroded bridge:

This left a bunch of very sharp edges, which I had to polish away. This is just to hold my friend over until he can decide on which replacement bridge to order.

Seriously, don't ever ask me "whatcha doin'?", because I'll for damn sure tell you... in boring detail...

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 am

I quite enjoyed Lost in Translation
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:22 am

In that movie, the opening segment is my favorite.
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:55 am

Pintgudge wrote:In that movie, the opening segment is my favorite.
Yeah, but it looses a bit about 46 seconds in.

stiles
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by stiles » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Prepping the Tiger Explorer for its' maiden voyage:

Philly to east goatfuck to Los Angeles to San francisco to San diego to Tuscon to New orleans, to atlanta to Philly.

6,655 miles and about three weeks.

Service is completed, Installing the GPS, heated grips and battery tender lead for the electric vest tomorrow.
"If we cannot be free, we can at least be cheap" - Frank Zappa

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:25 pm

BRANG IT!

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:26 am

Pooping.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:03 am

I went to the eye doctor. After at least thirty minutes of measuring out my eyes, he found he got significantly different values for correction than the neuro-opthalmologist's practice had found.
I really had only gone to another eye doctor to see whether prisms would help, the neuro-opthalmologist didn't think they would, and the qualified optical measuring person in her practice had quit, so I had to find somebody else.
He had me try out my new glasses for an hour. Turned into two hours of lounging around in the waiting room.
DSC_0004.jpg
Set up for long-distance, so I couldn't even read anything, I was just supposed to "look around".

Then I went to an optician, to get fitted for slightly less jangleplatz glasses. He, of course, produced yet a third set of entirely different measurements as to how much has to be corrected.
But he actually makes the glasses that people actually gotta live with, on a daily basis. He measures to make a sale and create repeat customers, not just for a diagnosis. I'll trust his judgement.
We'll start with long-distance glasses, which I actually look forward to. The trial glasses already corrected some of the double vision, and I am a bit short sighted even in my left eye. Seeing the world in focus for a change was pleasant today. The long-distance glasses will also be the basis for figuring out what reading glasses would be best for me, for working at the computer or reading a book and whatnot. Once I've gotten used to 'em, I'll just get a set of add-on lenses to hold in front of the long-distance glasses and try out to see what works best for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:57 am

DerGolgo has gone all steampunk!

I have a case of the "Spohs-dahs". I'm spohs-dah be working, but instead I am fucking off on the internet.
-Davros

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:18 am

Today I broke the law, doubly, and found out something about the health of my right hip.
I went to a protest march, to protest fascist violence, and in memory of Schmuddel. Schmuddel was a punk who, in 2005, was murdered by a nazi pos.This happened in Dortmund, where nazis shits feel particularly welcome in this corner of Germany, the authorities treat them like an endangered species.
A cabal of these fucks live in the same apartment-building and are currently raising money to buy the whole place. So that was where the march was headed.
We had expected maybe 25 to 50 people to show up. We were a bit wrong there. The cops reported about 350, by the official count. Judging the mass of people snaking around a corner on the march route, from my vantage point at the tail-end of the march, I'd say about a thousand. Which works out with the official cop numbers, actually.
The march started out quite nice. If you haven't experienced the noises of a big city getting drowned out by a few hundred particularly enthusiastic protesters shouting Alerta! Alerta! Antifascista!, you should.
The cops were well behaved and only arrested (or ordered to piss off home) those punks who were blitzed beyond reason. The cops at the tail end of the march themselves were, by and large, unshaven and looked less than well. Hungover was the impression we all got. Not happy to be there, at all, but entirely disinclined to get involved in any kind of situation.
They were all wearing sunglasses, which is where I broke the law.
At a protest march, it's entirely illegal to obscure any part of the face (unless you're a cop, who don't even wear badge-numbers in all but one German city). I've heard about people getting arrested for emo haircuts. I had prepared to do the whole march with my right eye clamped tightly shut, but when I got there, not just the cops were in sunglasses. At least a third or so of the protesters were, so I just broke the law, and nobody cared. The other bit where I broke the law was by wearing my robust, ergonomic, non-skid boots. Which happen to be standards-conforming work-boots. With steel toecaps which are also not permitted at political protest marches. Or at least count against you if charged with any misbehavior in such a context.
Less than a mile from our destination, the march was halted in the street and we basically stood around for half an hour. Turns out, the nazi shits knew the well-advertised and officially permitted protest march was coming. So they organized an "impromptu" bbq party in the street outside their apartment building. Entirely illegal and un-permitted. But this was Dortmund. So, rather than rounding up the nazi shits for blocking traffic and whatnot, the boss-cop decided the protest march couldn't be allowed to continue along the permitted route. Within his discretion, actually. So it was announced the march would be directed elsewhere and dispersed. We decided this was silly and buggered off to find beer, a park bench and sunshine. Since the weather was such that, the first time this year, I wore neither sweatshirt nor a jacket, just a t-shirt, we were successful in that endeavor.

I will, at some point, need a new hip-joint. The condition for this to happen would be if I could not walk around for thirty minutes anymore, if the pain got too bad for walking, actually. In the winter, with the cold weather, I did notice evident pain on occasion. But today, with the very nice weather, and probably also because of the arthritis medication I've been taking for the past two months, I walked around for three hours, and didn't get any notable pain in my hip. So that's nice.