PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:08 am

Dreading Monday.....

Gonna have a tooth pulled. Got a bad abscess and the doc said if we don't pull this one, you may lose more. Not to mention if the infection gets to my brain it could kill me.

And then two days later I'll be busting my ass at Coachella, hoping I won't still be in pain from the surgery.

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 am

Shit, two days after an extraction you shoud be up and running. Considering the pain you are in with the abcess, with it gone you'll feel like you are in a tampon commercial.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:13 am

So, how's da toof?
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:51 pm

guitargeek wrote:So, how's da toof?

Still in my mouth. Took antibiotics, so the pain is gone. Have an appointment to have it pulled on the 29th.

The tooth is the least of my worries though...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Recovering from a rolfing session by drinking beer. I know, probably not the smartest choice but I'm not known for being judicious.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:55 am

Yesterday, I was introduced to the tapas.
Lamb in coffee-sauce. Feta-cheese escalloped with honey and thyme. Fried dates wrapped in bacon.

Today, I've realized: My list of highly favored foods just got a lot longer.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

cjp
Western WA. Wandering Dervish

Post by cjp » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 pm

wheezy e wrote: but the highlight of my week was teaching a few kids from the democratic republic of congo how to skateboard like real american delinquents.
That sounds delightful!

Seen these guys?

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zZ_Y-1o9Y[/media]
goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task
Duae Rotae Optimae

cjp

Post by cjp » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Been painting and listening to Soriah, Oregon's own harmonic throat singer who has recently emigrated to Tuva. . . I think I'm done painting though, and now probably going to move on to whiskey.
Soriah wrote:
Atlan:
[media]http://www.cell-division.org/vox/07%20-%20Atlan.mp3[/media]
goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task
Duae Rotae Optimae

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:33 am

Isn't Tuva going to be under water in a decade or so?

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:53 am

Spent yesterday trying to find a water control valve for my washing machine. This morning I am installing it. I hate fixing appliances.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:30 am

Eating almonds, buzzing around the interwebz...

CHOP SOCKY!
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Debating what to do with my albatross of a riding lawnmower. Starter switch? Starter motor? Bad crank?

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Sisyphus wrote:Debating what to do with my albatross of a riding lawnmower. Starter switch? Starter motor? Bad crank?
I just went through my riding mower's electrics, and it really paid off. Starter solenoid was a little melted inside, so I rebuilt that, put a charge on the battery I got near the end of last mowing season, cleaned the corrosion from all the connectors and lubed everything with silicone grease. Instead of using jumper cables and ether spray to start the fucker, now I barely turn the key and it fires right up!

This is a Cub Cadet LT1050, with a V-twin Kohler engine and a three-bladed, 50 inch mowing deck. I pleaded with my dad to buy a Toro, but he'd always wanted a Cubby. He wouldn't listen when I told him "Dad, it's just an MTD with a different paintjob!" It's big, it's thirsty... but it does cut a wide swath.

Up next, I need to drop the deck, sharpen and balance the blades, lube the spindles, then figure out what's wrong with the steering. There's an enormous amount of slop in the steering, and when it does finally engage, it takes a burly man to turn it...
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:24 pm

guitargeek wrote: He wouldn't listen when I told him "Dad, it's just an MTD with a different paintjob!"
So sad. Grandad bought an IH dealership in Eastern Oregon when he got back from WWII. The first powered vehicle I learned how to operate was the Cub Cadet he had for yard/garden duty at their place. Ran the damn wheels off the thing one summer doing laps around the schoolyard across the street.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:54 pm

This is a Lawn Boy, which is essentially a Toro. It was given to me last year because the guy who had it was just going to roll it to the dump. I first had to replace the belts. Then came the starter gear and the battery. The regulator/rectifier crapped out and boiled the battery. It happened to be a Tympanium unit. I have an old one that came out of the Triumph and I dont' know why I replaced it but I'm going to put that in (hey, it's all 12V, right?).
Tonite after work I went to remove the starter and found that mice had built a very flammable nest on top of one of the heads (it's a 2 cyl, 16 hp B&S), so it's probably well and good that it didn't work the other day.
The solenoid is a sealed unit. When I tried to jump it I heard a squealing from under the hood, so either the keyswitch is melted or the solenoid is, haven't determined which yet. It cranked reeeeaaaal slow. So it might be the starter binding on the motor and the whole thing is trashed but IDK.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Woe is the UTMC when talk turns from moto-angst and anti-establishmentism to lawn care. 'Get off my lawn (which could be better manicured if not for equipment issues)!'

Yet, Hippocrates said ‘Taunt not, lest ye be taunted’, so here’s mine: I’ve a Craftsman LT1000 Lawn Tractor with a nifty B&S 20 HP v-twin. The previous replacement battery was weak-ish, to the point where I had to coax the engine, by hand, to turn over. Then that battery shit the bed due to lack of interest, desire, whatever you want to call it… I didn’t keep it charged. Jumping the bastard was getting old, so I spent $45 to be able to turn a key and hear whirring noises. I would have preferred a cheap pull cord and the image of me, shirtless, buff, glistening with sweat, lifting the hood and grabbing the handle, coaxing the machine to life. The neighbor MILFs would swoon, the neighbor men would envy. The weeds would cower in fear of the mighty mower man, with his fucking mulching blades of doom. Bastard dandelions and crab grass, let me at you!

Right. Turn key, go. Dull blades clanging against rocks that my kids have surreptitiously place in yard. Dulled. Don't care.

Now I’m dealing with leaky tires. 10 years have taken their toll and dry rot allows air to escape. Slime the bastards, tube, or replace? I chose the middle route with tubes, which a brown truck will soon drop on my doorstep.

Then I've got the seat issue. The ass cradle has turned into a sponge. I'm not saying that a soggy butt isn't invigorating on a hot day, but it hasn't been hot here lately, and swamp ass isn't really all it's cracked up to be. So that brown truck will also be delivering 2" high-density foam, some marine-grade vinyl, and an can of Super 77. It'll probably look like shit, but if it caresses my cheeks while traversing the lumpy weed I call a lawn... good enough.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

cjp

Post by cjp » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:57 pm

drumming my fingers on the desk while I wait for the last 30 mins of fermentation to finish on my latest experiement in ginger beer, Blackberry!

Hopefully this time I won't over carbonate it . . .

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm6eim7tq8A[/media]
Duae Rotae Optimae

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:34 pm

cjp wrote:

Hopefully this time I won't over carbonate it . . .
Hah! Don't feel bad, my buddy Chris, think you've met him rides the roulette green speed triple, brought over a bottle of his first batch of hard cider a few years back with the warning to open it over the sink. :mrgreen:
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Thu May 01, 2014 4:22 am

I bet my lawnmower is shittier than Zim's.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:40 am

My mower is one of my dad's rebuilds. A Dixon ZTR, hydrostatic with a burly v-twin briggs. The mount cracked for the stock muffler so it has some of the little 3-inch cheapies screwed into the ports. The neighbor says it sounds like an old Piper Cub when I fire it up. First time he heard it, he had to come see what it was since it couldn't have been a mower. Have also ended up with an old wheel horse and a Deere 317 that desperately need power steering.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu May 01, 2014 8:02 am

It's MayDay, not just a public holiday but the great holiday of the left and the worker's movement in general.
So, inevitably, the neo nazi shits decided to stage a protest march or two today.
I went to a counter-protest against one of these. The pain in my buggered hip is currently telling me not to go walking five miles in just a few hours.

When the shitfucks first took over an hour longer to start marching than their legal permission indicated, and the had to stop again because a few courageous members of parliament did what the cops wouldn't let anyone else do, physically block the march route, we buggered off again.
Using a google-maps set of directions printed out on paper, we got a bit lost and had to ask for the way.
We, of course got lost again. But, at least, we weren't alone in being a bit lost. At the same place where we were lost, a bunch of cops were lost, also. One of them had just scaled a railway viaduct to get a better view of where the heck they were. He told his fellow cops. In the thickest Bavarian accent you've ever heard. The license plate on their cop van was Bavarian, too.
Distance works different around here, cops being shipped in from anything between a hundred and thirty and three hundred and fifty miles away may not sound particularly outrageous to you lot.
But culturally, this is probably like some beat cops from Texas coming in to assist their fellow officers in Chicago.
They probably got a bit confused by how urban everything around here is.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Thu May 01, 2014 7:52 pm

Didn't deal with any neo nazis, but I did hear Bon Jovi on the radio, so there's some equally distasteful noise. ♫ Hitler used to work on the docks... ♪

Re-appropriated a few pallets and made a stand with shelf for the 'tabletop' blast cabinet, all for the cost of 1/2 box of drywall screws collecting dust, $2.50 or so.

Thus freeing up room on the motorcycle work table which had shared space with both the blast cabinet and the Buell engine. Right next to one another. Uncovered, exposed engine. Previously leaky blast cabinet. Glass media dust everywhere.

I certainly know how to make extra work for myself.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Thu May 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Nah, you planned to totally tear that lump down and vaporize it at Crazy Ivan's, right?

My back's fucked up again, so I've been spending a lot of time either in bed or in this big office chair. When I can hobble down to the shop, I'm working on a late 60's Teisco/Silvertone Spectrum II, Model 1436, known affectionately as The Gut Hook.

It's had a lot of stuff done to it through the years, one guy put in humbuckers and a gigantic Neutrik locking output jack. I'll be undoing some things, redoing some others to make them right.
132.jpg
039.jpg
024.jpg
Old cheap guitars were sometimes made out of some pretty nice stuff, sometimes nicer wood than you find in modern upscale guitars. This thing has a one piece mahogany body, a three piece maple-oid neck and that gorgeous rosewood fretboard. The frets were a sad joke, I'm replacing them with medium jumbos. The electronics were also a sad joke, so I'm putting in a nice Switchcraft three way pickup switch, full size CTS pots with brass shafts & collars, and the three original slider switches will be repurposed for two coil taps and a phase switch. The original fake Bigsby tailpiece was also, you guessed it, a sad joke, so it's getting a new fake Bigsby from Guitar Fetish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by guitargeek on Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Typing this when I should be sleeping. Gotta be up in 4.5 hours...

:/
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat May 03, 2014 10:12 am

Cooking with fire is so last ice age, I am cooking with smoke!
-Davros

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun May 11, 2014 12:38 am

I just spent about fifteen minutes listening to a radio broadcast.
And only when they started singing a hymn did I notice it was the broadcast of a church service!
They were asking the big guy to solve some problems ... and they were listing the girls in Nigeria, Crimea and Ukraine, refugees from Syria and those trying to get across the med from Africa, I thought I was listening to some kind of current affairs program!

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Sun May 11, 2014 1:04 am

So... did prayer fix the problems?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun May 11, 2014 1:21 am

guitargeek wrote:So... did prayer fix the problems?
Of course it did!
There are still hundreds of girls missing, about to be sold like cattle, a war is brewing, another is ongoing and people are drowning in the Mediterranean, desperate to escape the crushing poverty of their home by going to a place that plain doesn't want them. None of that has changed, of course.
But enough of those who did the praying will now find their own problem with the world's ongoing problems fixed! After all, their problem was the moral imperative that something awful is going on, and if they didn't do something, they'd themselves be awful, too. Now, they've "done" something, they have fulfilled their obligation to be wonderful again and don't have to really worry about these situations anymore! That they are still going on is incidental and quite beside the point of the exercise.

Of course, many of the praying folk won't see it quite that way, but I tend to get the impression that enough will.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:15 am

guitargeek wrote:So... did prayer fix the problems?

:lol:
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Tue May 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Being flummoxed.