Undercover journalism - this just HAD to hapenen, eventually

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Undercover journalism - this just HAD to hapenen, eventually

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Now, the background to this story, what they were after, it's absolutely horrible, in every respect. These journalists were looking into babies being sold. Literally, people selling their kids. There is absolutely nothing amusing about that.
But perhaps there is a little hope.
Roy Greenslade on theguardian.com wrote:Two Sunday Times investigative reporters, Jonathan Calvert and Heidi Blake, set out to discover whether it was possible to purchase a Bulgarian baby.

But their advert was spotted by a Bulgarian TV station, Nova, and its reporter then stung the stingers, so to speak.
That's right. Rather than someone selling a baby, these journalists only found another bunch of journalists, looking for someone trying to buy a baby.

There's video:
[media]http://youtu.be/8_8csduQFCo[/media]

Now, perhaps those Sunday Times journalists were particularly inept when they made their online classified looking to buy a baby. I doubt they were really trying to buy one and only used their journalistic credentials to get out of trouble once they had noticed they had been caught by colleagues.
If both Bulgarian TV and a notable British newspaper are looking into this, it's probably going on, and I do hope a stop will be put to it. There is nothing wrong with adoption, there is everything wrong with selling a human being to the highest bidder. Or any bidder.
But this is an amazing story.

Here's more:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/greens ... s-bulgaria" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Re: Undercover journalism - this just HAD to hapenen, eventu

Post by guitargeek » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 am

Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken