PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

The Well Dressed Ootmik

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

The Well Dressed Ootmik

Post by Rench » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:45 am

So the other day at work, an off-duty member of our regular crew stopped in, and it was near dumb-founding. Great kid, and none of this changes that, but it occurred to me (and all of us there) that we'd never seen him not in a uniform. He was wearing sandals with socks (outside Chicago in December), a long cardigan sweater over the more standard Tshirt and jeans, and a flat-brimmed baseball cap with a teel blue "B" and a kind of geometric pattern on the brim that looked lifted from a Mexican blanket. :shock: It changes nothing about the uniformed guy who I like working with, but I guess it informs a little about who he is in the rest of his life.

It got me to thinking, all of us probably don't wear Aerostitches, leathers, helmets and frog togs 365 days a year. Or maybe some of us do. I know some of us work in business environments, some in factories. Jaeger is probably wearing his tatoos and 2, maybe 3 socks right now and that's it.

So, in a hetero-lifemate way, what are you all wearing, now or regularly?

I've got my carhartt jeans over redwing boots, the tshirt of the moment is Superman (though just as often UTMC or Metallica), with my hickory shirt over that (I keep the house cold, cause I'm cheap. :mrgreen: ) When I head out it'll be an Oakley hoodie kept mostly permanently as a liner in a carhartt canvas jacket. And I pretty much live this way 365.

-Rench

"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Re: The Well Dressed Ootmik

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:53 am

Cheap jeans since I wear them out so quickly, decent set of Wolverine boots with Dr Scholls because I am developing plantar fasciitis, leather belt cause I'm not a thug, Columbia long sleeve fishing shirt with a cotton undershirt beneath that. When its cold I throw on a zip up fleece and my 19 year old Carharrt short jacket over that. When its hot I just let the fishing shirt keep me cool.
Outside of work, shorts and a t-shirt, no matter the weather. If its cold and I absolutely HAVE to go outside, I put on a heavy fleece, a pair of sweat pants and a set of comfortable shoes because I am an old man who likes to be comfortable. My dog taught me that lesson.
Boxers, never briefs as I am no longer a ten year old boy.
I am naked, otherwise. Well, it being the holiday season I keep a Goofy (the Disney character) Santa hat on, as well. One does want a hint of color.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Definitely a jeans/khaki shorts/t-shirt guy, thank god I'm a software developer. I consider dressing up being an Eddie Bauer shirt with buttons. The whole business attire with ties thing is not for me. On the other hand I think good looking women in nice business threads are hot. Slacker/hypocrite detected.
It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, Ninja.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Lucky for me, my work environment only requires I wear ... clothes. Anything that's fit to be seen in the street with is fit for work, really. Nobody turns up for work looking disheveled or anything. One of the teams in the social media department is run by two ladies, either one of whom has more tatoos than brother Jaeger. Just counting what I could see with them in civilized dress. Seriously, there's exactly ONE guy on my paygrade who wears a suit and tie to work, every day. Guy also uses Brylcream and looks just damn fucking immaculate , from when he comes in to when he clocks out. He learned how to go to work in an office environment about 45 years ago, and he's too damn close to retirement to change his ways. Nice chap, btw.
I know I own a suit, two even, but I'll be damned if I could remember what color they are ...

My usual attire, in warm weather, is cargo pants and some manner of shirt. Preferably with two breast pockets, just for the convenience. Dirt cheap, either one.
In cold weather, like currently, cargo pants and a sweater of some kind. Usually the army-style sweaters, simply because they are damn comfortable and don't have stupid shit or brands or fictional sportsteams or something printed on them. Seriously, finding a sweater with nothing printed on it is damn near unpossible here.
Shoes will be workboots, as some of you know. Dirt cheap, yet made in Europe and made to conform to safety regs, so quite durable. Also, made so you can walk around a factory floor for eight hours comfortably. Before I visited the 'mericas, my feet had never hurt in those. Before I visited the 'mericas, I also had never had literally trodden through a steel shank. No joke, brother AZRider can attest, he had to help out with his pliers to get that thing out when it had worked it's way through the rubber sole.
Jacket, in warm weather, is a threadbare denim jacket. In cold-ish weather a "hunter's" parka someone threw my way when somebody had died. It has many convenient pockets, and little things to hold on to .308 rounds. In cold weather a super-high-quality parka, the kind made from space-age material, with little reflective things, for people to wear on construction sites. Not awful yellow or nothing, gray, but that sort of parks. Exceptionally good quality, usually retails for a few hundred, I got it on sale for 20. Yes, score.

I got in the habit of cheap, comfortable clothes with convenient pockets and suchlike when I was an impoverished student, I just never got out of it. I look respectable enough, at the office and in the street, so why bother with anything else.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Wrangler carpenter jeans, with the cell phone pocket and hammer loop.
Starter lycra boxer briefs, helps keep my junk in one place.
This or that t-shirt, usually a freebie from some band I ran sound for that nobody's ever heard of.
Skechers running shoes, $20 at Ross.
Ancient Addidas hoodie.
Kinco goatskin work gloves.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Work attire dictates a button down shirt and nice shoes when I'm there, but I can still wear jeans 'cause I occasionally have to crawl under a desk to get to a workstation. (you really don't want to know how nasty it can get under a desk) Otherwise, the same size 501's that I've been buying since high-school, though I may have to size up in the waist if I don't get motivated to work out once in awhile. A beer, motorcycle, or Mariners themed t-shirt. I'll throw on henley or sweatshirt if it's chilly. Sandals in the summer, Chuck Taylors in the winter, some random brand of waterproof workboots if it's really soggy. Boxer-briefs, 'cause I'm indecisive like that.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:22 am

Rench wrote: Jaeger is probably wearing his tatoos and 2, maybe 3 socks right now and that's it.
I've gotten much more slovenly since working from home, but not quite that bad. Besides, I'm not THAT heavily tattooed. (Shit, I think you have more ink than I do!)

Old UTMC shirt. Old button-down shirt. Comfy work pants. Socks and slippers. Fingerless gloves because my basement is a fucking icebox and I have fucked-up hands.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Post by MoraleHazard » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Outside of work, I dress neat, but comfortable, usually jeans and boots, most of the year except in High Summer. Un-tucked button-down collared shirt or polo shirt usually, but sweaters and hoodies too. At times I will "dress up" for my wife by throwing on a blazer or sport coat with my jeans and boots.

Work is mostly business casual but "business casual" can have subtle differences. Casual Friday's I come in not too differently dressed than I would on a weekend. Most of the time it's chino's and a button-down shirt. I have "meeting people business casual" too which is dress trousers, dress shirt, blazer or sport coat and dress shoes. No suit and no tie. I wear the full suit and tie when meeting stuffy clients who feel having a tie on makes them more money or something. I used to have to wear a suit and tie every day years ago and the odd times I wear one now reminds me of how shitty it is.

One thing that's hilarious is that my dress clothes (I don't have a lot) are all custom due to the fact that I'm both weirdly shaped and a good friend from town is a bespoke Savile Row trained tailor and I helped his eldest son learn to ride. So I get a hefty discount on custom dress clothes but I hate wearing dress clothes. Go figure.
666(k) Retirement Plan of the Beast. Only offered by Dis Annuities.

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

It's like getting bitten by a radioactive horse and instead of getting a really large cock you turn into a brony.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:52 pm

MoraleHazard wrote:I wear the full suit and tie when meeting stuffy clients who feel having a tie on makes them more money or something. I used to have to wear a suit and tie every day years ago and the odd times I wear one now reminds me of how shitty it is.
I try to think of the suit routine as either armor or costume. It's rare I gotta do it, thankfully, but it's a total fuckin' act and it's obvious to anyone who knows me.

Then again, it does help remembering not to say "fuck" in polite company (at least not as reflexive punctuation). :mrgreen:

Regardless, you know what a tie is:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:04 am

calamari kid wrote:Work attire dictates a button down shirt and nice shoes when I'm there, but I can still wear jeans 'cause I occasionally have to crawl under a desk to get to a workstation. (you really don't want to know how nasty it can get under a desk)
Some of us have seen it…

I took a photo set when I installed the phone in this office and I keep it as a reminder that people are fucking disgusting. I shudder to think what that backscratcher has seen...
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 am

Darn, I'm wearing the same ratty flannel shirt I wore at Doom, with cheap khakis and LL Bean moccasins.
I like clothes, and the bike interferes with this greatly. I have several pair of decent and dandy footwear beyond Chippewa bike boots, but saddle shoes, spectator shoes, even wingtip boots don't provide the safety factor I need.
I could prattle about tailored clothing, but I'll just say that I have many pocket squares and bow ties, among other stuff.

MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Post by MoraleHazard » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:39 am

Jaeger wrote:
MoraleHazard wrote:I wear the full suit and tie when meeting stuffy clients who feel having a tie on makes them more money or something. I used to have to wear a suit and tie every day years ago and the odd times I wear one now reminds me of how shitty it is.
I try to think of the suit routine as either armor or costume. It's rare I gotta do it, thankfully, but it's a total fuckin' act and it's obvious to anyone who knows me.

Then again, it does help remembering not to say "fuck" in polite company (at least not as reflexive punctuation). :mrgreen:

Regardless, you know what a tie is:

--Jaeger
Remind me to tell you the time I said, "Oh for fuck's sake, [so-and-so]" to our most difficult client on a conference call. I thought the mute button had been pressed. :doh:

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

It's like getting bitten by a radioactive horse and instead of getting a really large cock you turn into a brony.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:58 am

So happy I don't have to wear a suit to work. Suits always make me -
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Bo_9 wrote:So happy I don't have to wear a suit to work. Suits always make me -

lodged in my head forever
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:21 pm

I just had to look it up. Calvin & Hobbes was launched in 1985. He was six years old in the comics. He'd be 35, 36. Dammit, I had never even considered it, but Calvin was always older than me ...
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Post by MoraleHazard » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 am

Bo_9 wrote:So happy I don't have to wear a suit to work. Suits always make me -
This is an awesome picture. There are some cool renderings of a nearing middle-aged calvin on the net.

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 pm

People that see suits, ties, real shoes as uncomfortable are IMHO people that are doing something seriously wrong. Like not wearing the right size or buying very cheap stuff.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:57 pm

I dunno what a "real shoe" is. I've only ever worn boots since I was a teen, mostly trainers before that. Anything without laces appears suspicious to me.
Suits can be very comfortable, indeed. The pants in particular. But for the ties.
I only ever wear a bowtie. On the one occasion every two years or so I actually wear a tie. I have worn regular ties on a few occasions and it felt like a damn noose around my neck. Even when I loosened them, I did not like that, no.

But comfort isn't just physical comfort. If you wear a suit, you conform to certain social norms that may prompt some people to approach just a little bit differently. Because they perceive you differently. This may well be uncomfortable.
Then one might have made negative experiences with suits, or might have built a self-image that revolves around being the antithesis of what suits stand for in one's own perception.
So while the right hemisphere dislikes the suit, the left hemisphere gets busy finding all manner of reasons why it is that one dislikes the suit. Regardless of the sincerity one might attribute to such a manner of dislike, in the end, one dislikes the suit, "excuses" are only there because the genuine reason are difficult (if not impossible) to articulate. For some people, the mechanism that has them liking suits might work along the same lines.

Suits aren't exactly durable wear, either. If you're used to wearing stuff where the Zombie Apocalypse will just wash out, wearing a suit may make you nervous. Even if dirt wouldn't destroy it. Some clothes look well enough, even when they're a bit dirty. Suits usually don't. So you take extra care not to get it dirty as you walk around, your nice shoes likewise, and you feel stressed rather than relaxed all of a sudden. It is my theory that this is one of the reasons that at occasions where people who don't usually do so wear suits, like weddings and whatnot, alcohol is consumed with great abandon.

Some people look good in suits, some don't. Some people are comfortable in suits, some aren't. In our society, wearing a suit to certain occasions is a sign of respect. I approve of that, such signs have a purpose in the herd. I also don't think that not wearing a suit must be a sign of disrespect. But outside such occasions. Any sort of clothing that's not particularly garish or flamboyant (unlike some suits), if it's not something that'll actively distract everybody's attention, and your genitals aren't showing, you're dressed fine, I think.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Mostly what DerG said. :mrgreen:

You certainly can be comfy in anythjng if it's fitted right, but there's a certain need to project what's inside to the outside I think. When I bother to stand up straight and trim up my scruff, I think I pull off a suit pretty well, but it's like playing dress up to me. Amusing for a bit but I'd rather be slouching in jeans and my riding jacket.

Much like the UTMC moniker, its a passive filter. If 2-week-without-a-wash jeans and a shave to match make me undeserving of someone's company, odds are pretty good I'm not interested in talking to them either.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Post by MoraleHazard » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:07 am

2XSL wrote:People that see suits, ties, real shoes as uncomfortable are IMHO people that are doing something seriously wrong. Like not wearing the right size or buying very cheap stuff.
Not sure what "real shoes" are, but I have well fitted dress clothes and while not uncomfortable for a few hours, after a whole day, the tie around my neck really begins to suck. Also not fun is leaving one's jacket on in a hot conference room because the big shot does (though I've started to ignore that these days). I mind wearing suits the least in spring and fall. Not too hot and not too cold is fine for me. I HATE wearing a suit in the summer in NYC. Nothing is more miserable than sweating like a pig in a shirt, jacket, tie, BEFORE the big meeting. Wintertime isn't as bad, but I'd much rather be in jeans, flannel, and boots when it's cold.

Also on the shoe front; except in the summer I wear ankle-high lace up dress boots when in a suit. They look nice, but support the feet and ankles well, especially since NYC is such a walking city. I'm sure it's just personal preference but I don't understand loafers unless one is padding from their car to the office (or around the office).

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

Pattio
Centrifugal Savant of Two Wheel Transportation

Post by Pattio » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:25 am

A daycoat, pants with stripes, cutaway coat and umbrellas in my mitts
-Pattio-

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:47 am

Pattio wrote:A daycoat, pants with stripes, cutaway coat and umbrellas in my mitts
Please tell me a top-hat and brass goggles go with that, please.

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:01 am

I'll concede that the knot you need to use on some ties creates too big of a lump. Otherwise, the thing should be a hair loose, like the shirt collar. I'd heard that bow ties were common, particularly with the young, in Europe. This warms my heart. They are impossible to get very tight around the neck or with an obtrusive knot.

Pattio, you really wear morning dress, or am I misunderstanding? So formal!

Oh, by "real shoes" I meant what I've heard referred to as "hard shoes" meaning ones with leather soles and no padding. Sneakers disguised as dress shoes are sneakers disguised as dress shoes.

Pattio
Centrifugal Savant of Two Wheel Transportation

Post by Pattio » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:11 am

-Pattio-

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:24 am

2XSL wrote:People that see suits, ties, real shoes as uncomfortable are IMHO people that are doing something seriously wrong. Like not wearing the right size or buying very cheap stuff.
Eh, mimicking 19th century dress is silly. It's something we gotta do to play the game, but ties are effectively useless.

To wit:
Pattio wrote:A daycoat, pants with stripes, cutaway coat and umbrellas in my mitts
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1FLZPFI3jc[/media]

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:27 am

Shoes with no padding or soles that are not known for their great traction? No, thank you. But no. No no no.
Oxfords I can just about get, at least they have laces.
But leather soles?!?! Wooden heels to, yeah?
Sorry. I'm supposed to walk around with the latest iPhone/Samsung Galaxy to gain the respect of my corporate peers, and yet I should wear 19th century footwear-technology?!?! Implemented in all-natural (probably even organic!) raw materials?!
I am flabberghasted and intimidated by the durability of my father's loafers. 40 years, and they still look like damn new, I think he had them re-soled once. He doesn't wear them daily, but often enough so that they have at least 15, 20 years of daily-use-life-equivalent on them, and even for 20 years old, their durability is impressive. There's little to argue against shoes that'll actually last a damn lifetime. But I don't want nothing underneath my feet that wouldn't do well as the thread on a motor-vehicle tire, I think I'm worth more than a China-Junk scooter, thank you very much. And you don't see those with leather tires, do you.

Of course that opinion is entirely biased, irrational and ill-considered, yes! But so is a social norm for clothes, apparel and accessories that got stuck on 19th century styles like the suit-and-tie, "real shoes" and nonsense such as that.

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Ah, once a leather sole gets scuffed up, it's really not an issue unless there are marble floors around. Most leather soled-shoes have rubber heels as a concession.
The support of a shanked shoe is superb. Sneakers are crummy beanbag chairs and a solid pair of shoes is a Recaro seat.

Of interest to motorcyclists, leather in shoes is supposedly substantially thinner nowadays than it was half a century back and before.

Jeans are 1850's work clothing, and t-shirts are derived from the union suit, a product of a Victorian clothign reform movement. Suits are problematic in being a matched set, but the form factor makes sense if you don't live amidst orchids blasting heated air like mad. Neckwear, besides the obvious aesthetic benefits, will do much to seal out drafts and keep in warmth. Who is riding around in open collared riding gear on colder days?

Finally, wool rules. It is a poverty that we devolved to cotton and then to the cheesier synthetics.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 pm

My haven't we come a long way from posts that read like an 11 year old girl would text... :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Merlyn
Magnum Jihad

Post by Merlyn » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Or they are 5'3" and 240 without being spherical, and wear an 8EEEE shoe.

I get accused of having a "cartoon closet".

It contains 5 pairs of Galls brand black BDUs, 5 LawPro short sleeve black shirts (think police uniform shirts) and one heavily altered black suit with a choice of the blue tie or the grey tie. The coat closet holds one black hoodie and my leather vest (aka the concealment garment).

That's every stitch of outer wear clothing I own. Once I get the Honda on the road I'll add a riding jacket, gloves and knee armor.

Merlyn
- Yes, it's still 1988 in my head, so I'm still stylish.
- 2007 FXD/Dyna SuperGlide - Black Betty
- 1986 Intruder 700 - Work in Progress

Some days you can look to your left as you ride and see your Valkyrie- pacing you and waiting for her moment...
Days like that, the only appropriate reaction is to call out "Let's dance, beautiful!" and then twist the throttle to it's stop.

Remember, folks- Your vote means fuck-all. If voting could actually change anything it would have been outlawed long ago.
The only votes that mean anything in this day and age are made from rooftops.

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:53 pm

MoraleHazard wrote: Also not fun is leaving one's jacket on in a hot conference room because the big shot does (though I've started to ignore that these days). I mind wearing suits the least in spring and fall. Not too hot and not too cold is fine for me. I HATE wearing a suit in the summer in NYC. Nothing is more miserable than sweating like a pig in a shirt, jacket, tie, BEFORE the big meeting.
the key is selecting the correct fabric and weight. your tailor should be able to help with that.
100 years ago, it made sense to have suits made of "winter" and "summer" weight fabrics, but with modern HVAC its a recipe for discomfort. here in The South, its acceptable to wear poplin and seersucker in the hot months.

maybe you should have a chat with the facility manager about the excess heat in the conference room. your colleagues will thank you.
today you decide what tomorrow will bring