PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

CLEANSE IT WITH FIRE

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

CLEANSE IT WITH FIRE

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:12 am

What could possibly go wrong?

[media]https://youtu.be/RVDazfVQOoA[/media]
Popular Mechanics wrote:The X15 flamethrower is a personal, consumer flamethrower that exists purely because of course it does. Who hasn't wanted to stand with a tank on their back, arms akimbo while spewing great gusts of fire into the sky? Now you can, for $1,600.

When I asked XMatter, the folks behind the X15, why they decided to sell consumer flamethrowers, co-founder Quinn Whitehead immediately responded, "Why not? This is America, land of the free," before laughing and digging into his real pitch.

"It's really an interesting product; there's nothing else like it." When they started out, there was no other consumer flamethrower on the market, meaning that anyone looking to get into the throwing-flame game would need to drop around $10,000 on a military flamethrower.

The X15, according to Whitehead, shoots about 50 feet and holds 3.3 gallons of fuel. XMatter also offers a napalm mix. "That stuff really works well." All users need to do is add a few drops per gallon. "It turns it into almost like a syrupy substance. Really cool."

As for why anyone would want a flamethrower, Whitehead pointed to agricultural uses, pyrotechnics, and, of course, "a lot of people just use it for a whole lot of fun."

"We get a lot of people that do, like, machine gun rentals, and own guns, and they'll also offer like a flamethrower package." One of their customers also rents tanks. "People will come up there, rent tanks, run over cars, shoot flamethrowers. That sort of thing."

But is it legal? "We haven't run into any trouble whatsoever." They're not federally regulated, according to Whitehead. "They're not even considered a firearm."

"In California, you're required to have a flamethrowing permit, and then in Maryland it's just against the fire code." So they just don't ship to those two states. "The other 48, it's open game."

You can purchase a X15 from XMatter's website right now, on sale for just $1,600. Way better than your average Super Soaker full of gasoline.
LINK: http://www.popularmechanics.com/militar ... e-thrower/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeeeeah... I foresee a whole bunch of issues here, not least of which being my lack of desire to strap that much napalm to my back. :shock:

Now, if only I could mount it on the truck...

--Jaeger

Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Re: CLEANSE IT WITH FIRE

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:32 am

Hm.
If I recall the limited amount of war stories I have picked up from the media ... the soldiers with the flame-throwers? Yeah, they never got taken prisoner. Many would surrender, mind. Just didn't make it all the way to prisoner. Not after working the Flammenwerfer.

On the other hand, some fool might have only limited fright of a gun ... but seeing someone draw this sort of thing will make just about anyone piss their pants vigorously.

Ah, whatever. This is just so 20th century. I want a sick-stick!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:44 am

I wish there was a way to mount this on a guitar, how rad would that be...
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:53 am

anyone else see the irony that a flamethrower is not classified as a "fire arm"?
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:03 am

Home defense! Take it camping to discourage camp robbing bears! Mountain lion? Gonna assume an aggressive posture and look as large as possible, or whip out an X15? Fucking Kodiak Bears would wet themselves if you pulled one of those. Siberian Tigers would be like 'Oh Hell No'.

How about pest control? That would work magic on the paper wasp nest being built near my apartment window. Since they haven't removed it yet they probably wouldn't mind.

This is the weapon to show interspecies dominance.
It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, Ninja.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:49 am

Toonce(s) wrote:This is the weapon to show interspecies dominance.
^^^THAT! :evil: :evil:
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:01 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
Toonce(s) wrote:This is the weapon to show interspecies dominance.
^^^THAT! :evil: :evil:
Yep, agreed. And yes, DG, I'd heard the same thing about the "popularity" of the guys with flamethrowers and their general lack of longevity... not just because they weren't especially liked, but because they had a nasty tendency to blow up.

:shock:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:12 pm

random thoughts:

another reason to not live in Maryland

makes colin furze's wrist-mounted flamethrower look like a toy

and, i'm astonished that flame throwers are not classified as "destructive devices" under the NFA, or otherwise regulated by the BATFE
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:49 pm

12ci wrote:random thoughts:

another reason to not live in Maryland
In all honesty that did factor into my calculus when moving to Virginia. I have plenty of issues with the Commonwealth but they're not the nanny state of Maryland.
12ci wrote:and, i'm astonished that flame throwers are not classified as "destructive devices" under the NFA, or otherwise regulated by the BATFE
Me too, though it's really nothing more than an enormous weed burner.

I wonder how long it'll take for the Feds to close that loophole.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:50 am

Just add drone technology for not-yet-regulated mayhem.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEo8A8giHw[/media]

X15 weight, 49 pounds.
Drone lift capacity 50 pounds.

Drone designed around 'humanitarian operations' use case. hrk.
It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, Ninja.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:57 am

want for xmas, flame throwing drone!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:09 pm

https://youtu.be/oO1bGlyHDNU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sanity has left the building

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:52 pm

and how long before these are Federally regulated?

dated 8 September:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which prompted these:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:20 pm

I live in California, where nothing is legal, or so it seems :-(
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9