PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

Fucking Millenials

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Re: Fucking Millenials

Post by red » Fri May 12, 2017 5:28 pm

No fuel? Fuel line not hooked up?

Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri May 12, 2017 5:29 pm

I don't want to talk about it right now.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

red

Post by red » Fri May 12, 2017 5:44 pm

I once pushed my XJ about 2 miles home, in the summer, wearing my gear only to have my lovely wife ask if I ran out of gas. Riding down a steep hill, it died. I was so mad that it broke down, I didn't even try reserve because I should have had 20 more miles at least.

I had apparently reset my trip meter about 20 miles after filling up and forgot.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat May 13, 2017 5:50 am

Nope, while I eliminated an error on my part, I am still not getting this thing to move under its own power.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat May 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Fuck it, this is why I prefer wrenching on bikes.
-Davros

Caliann
Slutty Feminazi

Post by Caliann » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 am

Just a suggestion, but....

If you add a bit to the house wiring, for a 220 circuit, you can get off cheap on a water heater.

A good RV water heater will cost you, new, about $400.

For half that, or less if you shop, you can get a "point of use" tankless. Energy efficient, and a POU that runs on 220 will provide all the hot water that thing needs.

(The 140 versions don't QUITE have the guts for it.)

Food for thought.
"There is a time and a place for ruthlessness. You and I and many others on this board were trained by the government to kill, maim and terrorize people and destroy their property. However, we must always keep in mind that the only appropriate time to do so is when it will benefit multi-national corporations."--Yogi Kuddha

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 am

This thing ain't dead, FWIW. We drove it out of storage and to the new house and as luck would have it it fits perfectly below the overhang at the garage. So at least it is out of the rain for probably the first time in who knows how long. But I think a cat has taken up residence in it.
-Davros

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Still following this with interest. Cause I'd totally be a millenial in a tiny house if I wasn't pushing 40, kids,
more motorcycles than kids, etc. :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed May 02, 2018 7:21 am

Sonofabitch we are buying another one of these stupid things.
-Davros

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed May 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:Sonofabitch we are buying another one of these stupid things.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu May 03, 2018 4:57 am

In my defense the other one turned out to be a rusted up hulk even AFTER all the effort we put in to it. This one still needs work but is a much better starting point, and has the same engine/drivetrain/chassis so all the new parts we put on the one can be moved over to this one. So in effect we are saving money by buying this, yeah honey that's right we would be fools to not buy another project RV.
-Davros

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Thu May 24, 2018 4:43 pm

and to think, it will only cost you twice as much as a used RV in good condition! Despite this reality, I too applaud your efforts!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Wed May 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Your dedication to this project is admirable. I too am following along.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu May 31, 2018 9:36 am

Thanks for the support & faith. The home renovation has taken priority so other than resealing the windows and sticking a big Damp-rid inside I haven't done much.
-Davros

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Thu May 31, 2018 10:55 pm

For what it's worth, I feel your pain.

When the automatic transmission in my 2001 Honda Civic inevitably stopped working, I bought a 2002 Civic with a stickshift and a mildly blown head gasket. Same body style, same trim package. Drove it around for a few months, then it puked up a sparkplug. Now I need to pull cylinder head and inspect the cylinder walls and combustion chamber. If they're buggered, I have a whole other spare engine!

I thought I could do the work myself, just pull the head and replace the gasket, water pump, timing belt, etc. Turns out that my lower back has a different opinion regarding me working on a motor that sits around knee level. Luckily, my niece has a friend who is a decent mechanic, and he's been a great help, but he has a busy schedule, so Civic Number Two has languished for a while now...

Also luckily, I have Ol' Frod for a backup vehicle... It's a 1995 F-150 with a 5.0 and an automatic, so it's got a drinking problem to go along with the exhaust leak, non-functioning air conditioner, and the dodgy electric windows.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 pm

Mk3 wrote:Vexed? You study flags now? (Vexillology)...
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:05 am

guitargeek wrote:Turns out that my lower back has a different opinion regarding me working on a motor that sits around knee level.
They laughed at me when I was jacking up my car to do the valve cover gasket. This is why.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:53 am

Well the stuck bolt in the head of the 2nd rig is resisting all efforts at removal. As luck would have I have an entire spare RV with the same engine sitting in the driveway so I may just swap heads and be done with the frustration. removing the head of an engine inside a van is not as much fun as it sounds.
-Davros

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:19 am

Yeah... I hated doing alignments on vans. *always* a two man job.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:20 pm

0l4fderstout wrote:Yeah... I hated doing alignments on vans. *always* a two man job.
Shit I gotta make the engine go boom first, then I can worry about brakes and suspension.
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Work on the rig continues! Extradition of the befouled head is imminent!
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:29 am

Had to leave the header attached and break the exhaust loose where it exits the header as there was no room to get a socket on the bolts. However with a little muscle it came out pretty well. I’ll likely remove the exhaust pipe back to the muffler as that was the only place the head really bound up. Once it was on the bench all it took was a little heat to break loose the header bolts, and now it’s all ready to be dropped off at a machine shop to get the bolt out. I tried putting a vice grip on the end of it but there’s just not enough to grab securely. All things considered, I am mostly happy to have pulled the head as just a learning experience. Getting it back on will be interesting, as well.

Anyone who knows anything about these engines have recommendations on head gaskets? Mahle? Fel-Pro? Also, is it really worth going to studs in lieu of sticking with head bolts?
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Dropped off at the machine shop this morning.
Gah, the further I dig in to this thing, the further I want to go. Now I am debating pulling the entire engine from the 1st RV and rebuilding that on a stand, because you know one day I may need a backup engine.
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:49 am

So after a tremendous hiatus during which I have been working feverishly on our house, I have actually had some time yesterday to work on this big beast. With the help of my wife and adult son, we manhandled the head back in to position atop a new gasket. Now to go through the torque sequence and start putting all of the shit back on it. Who knows, maybe I can make it go boom before the end of the week.
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 am

For those who might be interested, the machine shop did whatever they needed to to remove the offending broken bolt, while I ran taps down all of the bolt holes in the engine block and cylinder and brass brushed the head mating surface. The shop also hot dipped the head to clean it and checked it for warpage. So yeah, this thing has been sitting on a cart in my garage for what, a year now? Regardless, I am happy to see some reversal of the whole disassembly process. I do have pictures, though if you are following me on the insta you would have already seen them. @tylerdaddoesthings
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 am

-Davros

red

Post by red » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:49 am

Looking good! Any progress on the interior?

I've given up on my RV dream but still want a camper trailer.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:41 am

Nothing on the interior, gotta make sure it runs first.
Now that I am living in a travel trailer, I am kind of digging the tiny house life. Not that I want to full-time it cause I like having room when I poop, but it’s an experience I recommend.
-Davros

red

Post by red » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:25 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:41 am
Nothing on the interior, gotta make sure it runs first.
Now that I am living in a travel trailer, I am kind of digging the tiny house life. Not that I want to full-time it cause I like having room when I poop, but it’s an experience I recommend.

We spent a few days in my buddies 36-ft RV, it was a good time. Couldn't live like that with kids, but I could definitely see it working solo as long as I had a place for a garage.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat May 02, 2020 6:44 pm

THIS MOTHERFUCKER RUNS!
-Davros