PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

Wow!!

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Ban Guzzi
I AM THE MOTOR!

Wow!!

Post by Ban Guzzi » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:01 am

Its not often I agree with this particular columnist, but she hit it right on this time. ..It's not a slam ladies, just words that fit what rattles around my head...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... earmewhine

FFFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

lifeon2
Magnum Jihad

Post by lifeon2 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:49 am

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA that shit is so spot on its just incredible it really seems like todays society has determined that women are strong and independent and can do as they please and men should be more understanding about it but on the male side we should be willing to work our asses off then come home and help with the housework even if she doesnt work oh and of course we should take care of the kids on the weekend even though once again we worked all week, I dont mind helping out but shit works a little different in my world

as the only freakin male in my family growing up I learned that if you let her a woman will walk on you she will, any woman, if she percieves (sp) herself as the stronger half your the loser and thats it.

Sadly I dont know if its still the same but when I used to watch T.V. it seemed like all the sitcoms had one thing in common the woman ruled the man was treated more like a child and was usually "in trouble" with his wife. You gotta be shittin me I'm a grown man the first time my significant other wants to scold me or tell me no like I'm freakin three years old she'll be kicked to the curb so fast she'll bounce twice.

Discussions, cool arguments also cool as long as they dont get out of hand, I dont do the constant fight thing I'd rather be alone than fighting constantly.

Gentlemen the only way to ease this up is to take what should be your natural role as the stronger half. If a man is strong enough then a woman can be as strong as she likes with no problems. For those of you who have already placed your testicles in your wifes purse well I'm afraid its too late for you.

p.s. in case any of you are wondering, yes my old lady reads the site she posts as click
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

rhinoviper
Toe-Draggin' Speed Monkey

Post by rhinoviper » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:04 am

*humbly purses lips, sits back and contemplates*

Recalls having been condemned for being condescending for saying "thank you" and "I really appreciate it" so much.
'00 SV650 "Banshee"
'03 Aprilia Tuono "dewey"

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:35 am

Must...forward...to...wife!
Thanks, now is this to be considered insight or ammunution? :lol:
Cheers,
Ames.
Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you...stranger!
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:47 am

lifeon2 wrote:Gentlemen the only way to ease this up is to take what should be your natural role as the stronger half. If a man is strong enough then a woman can be as strong as she likes with no problems.
*SCOFF!*

Stronger half, my ass! If he's that strong, then there is no such thing as determining who, if anyone, is the stronger half. I'm just going to bite my tongue now, but not before pointing out the obvious that men and women each bring their own strengths, and, in the best of relationships, each balances the other out. Every man who's ever had a sniffly nose can attest to who is the stronger when it comes to being sick. Every woman who has gone through an emotional time (PMS-induced or otherwise) knows who she'll turn to for a safe hug and shoulder on which to cry. MMMMPH! Bandit12 warned me in advance about this post, and I'm just going to try to leave it alone now....

*shuffles off clenching fists*

Rhino

yes, that was me

Post by Rhino » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:48 am

sorry - not logged in...as if there were doubt about who posted that last one

smashinator
Barista of Doom

Post by smashinator » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:04 pm

...Ahem... Everyone is an asshole. Everyone thinks they're better than everyone else, and that they are 100% right. Man or Woman, you are a fuckhead now and then. The who's right/who's wrong columns are entertaining, but they don't solve anything.

As everyone should have learned from any of 1000 sit-coms by now, things aren't so frustrating when you just talk to people instead of getting all huffy and not saying anything until you explode.

And now, I'm going to go be an asshole to some fuckhead. :wink:

Ban Guzzi
I AM THE MOTOR!

Post by Ban Guzzi » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:10 pm

And now, I'm going to go be an asshole to some fuckhead.
I think that about sums it up completely... :lol:
FFFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

Dewey
Magnum Jihad

Post by Dewey » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:55 pm

smashinator wrote:...Ahem... Everyone is an asshole. Everyone thinks they're better than everyone else, and that they are 100% right. Man or Woman, you are a fuckhead now and then.
How true! It's just too bad women are so much more prone to this mentality than men are. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Dewey on Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dewey
Tuono

smashinator
Barista of Doom

Post by smashinator » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:38 pm

Well, YEAH. :mrgreen:

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:46 pm

Stronger half, my ass! If he's that strong, then there is no such thing as determining who, if anyone, is the stronger half. I'm just going to bite my tongue now, but not before pointing out the obvious that men and women each bring their own strengths, and, in the best of relationships, each balances the other out. Every man who's ever had a sniffly nose can attest to who is the stronger when it comes to being sick.

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm pulling over to the side of the road to rip my helmet off so I dont puke in it on my way to work.

However I cant count the number of times that I ran my freakin household from age 11 on because the women of the house were sniffly

lifeon2
Magnum Jihad

Post by lifeon2 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:47 pm

That last one was me :mrgreen:
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

schotzy
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by schotzy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:04 pm

OMG!! Who started this shit?!?!
Spank them alot.

Everybody wipe your own ass, change your own oil, clean up your own spills, and when time for "sharing power" comes, I'll meet you in the bedroom.
Right now I am too busy cleaning my own toilet; and if you happen to be an invited male guest in my house, I won't give a shit whether you leave the seat up or down when you leave. :mrgreen:
Methylchloroisothiazolanone is my favorite word EVER.

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:36 pm

hands a beer to Rhino and Schotzy...

I was raised an only child by my mom...I don't judge who is stronger...course I do tend to prefer very independant women...who are not blonde...
Sanity has left the building

rhinoviper
Toe-Draggin' Speed Monkey

Post by rhinoviper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:19 pm

wyckedsin wrote:hands a beer to Rhino and Schotzy...

I was raised an only child by my mom...I don't judge who is stronger...course I do tend to prefer very independant women...who are not blonde...
*nods, smiles, and holds beer up to toast the eternal debate*

Got one for Bandit12, too?
'00 SV650 "Banshee"
'03 Aprilia Tuono "dewey"

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:59 pm

beer fridge...Killian's, Guinness, Bass, and Pete's....he's welcome to what ever :)
Sanity has left the building

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:06 pm

Ach, get of it ya bunch of gimboids!
That whole discussion is pointless.
Correct me if I am wrong, but to my understanding, that woman was writing about the image, the public opinion, according to which it's okay for women to behave like men from the 1950s.
Generalizing never turned up the truth. If your gal/guy want's to treat you like shit, either respond in kind or talk it over. But don't whine about how all women/men are pigs.
As for that whole media image, well, I guess apart from writing letters to the TV stations or firebombing every sitcom production company west of the Mississippi there isn't much a man can do.
Of course the revolution will come and all the Feminazis and all the Chauvinists will be up against the wall (right after the marketing department of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation) and then we can all live happily ever after. The End.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

schotzy
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by schotzy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:53 pm

TY Mikel, I'll take a Killian's.....
Methylchloroisothiazolanone is my favorite word EVER.

Gauss
Barista of Doom

Post by Gauss » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:53 am

I'll take a beer too....oh wait maybe I should check with my girlfriend first

Ames
Megachiroptera Übermench

Post by Ames » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:40 am

Kind of cracks me up that many women I've met feel it's acceptable to slap, punch, or shove men when they're angry, but it's not ever acceptable for a man to do the same to them. Where's the equality there? And before anyone starts accusing me of being an abuser, I had a girlfriend arrested for domestic violence against me so I kind of think I've got some experience to back me up here.
It's really all about the "isms" isn't it? The problem with any group is it tends to polarize. The femanist movement of the '70's was a reaction to just the sort of stereotypical male behavior that had been condoned in the '50's and '60's. Look where that went. If we form a group against motorcycle discrimination it'll only be a matter of time before we're all bitching about "cages", "dumb cell phone talkers in SUV's", "stupid trucks", etc. And, in the end, we'd probably become as much of a problem as the people who we felt were discriminating against us to begin with. So, in the end, I've decided to adopt the attitude that all individuals have the potential to be assholes, I just have to give them the opportunity to do so before I decide to dislike them.
Cheers,
Ames.
Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you...stranger!
Quid Ita Serius?
You never know how much you appreciate your civil liberties until they've been violated.

Photo
Bacon Torpedo

Post by Photo » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:28 am

I've never been married, but I've watched a few friends' marriages completely disintegrate. Seems to me that the successful relationships have 2 people equally committed to resolving their differences. If one or the other becomes inflexible, the shit hits the fan. I'd imagine it's all about the desire to see the other half's point of view, in order to clarify or amend your position during conflict - am I wrong? :/

That said- I love to watch hardcore feminazis and misogynazis suffer! Videotape Gloria Steinam being forced to watch a 24-hour marathon of the "Back that Ass Up" video. Eminem should be forced to sit and watch 24 hours of "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman". That would make good 'reality TV'. (cue evil laugh)
"Brought to you, by Carl's Jr."

Muppet
Magnum Jihad

Post by Muppet » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:18 am

Kind of cracks me up that many women I've met feel it's acceptable to slap, punch, or shove men when they're angry, but it's not ever acceptable for a man to do the same to them.
Most of the girls/women I know, when they hit someone, they realize they may be hit back, guy or girl. And they don't whine about it. Double standards are wrong, whatever way you look at them. On the same note, most women (and men) I know aren't violent.

And YAY! to everyone who is on the equality vibe. Equality comes in a million different forms. Totally relative to each particular relationship.

and CHRIST! The author of that article is quoting Dr. Laura -- WHY would you even listen to that crap? Dr. Laura would be the one who says kids pretty much should NOT have individuality, and should be ruled by the iron fist of their parents. That woman needs to be shot.

ahem.

I think today is a highly opinionated day for me :)

xx
"Does he have a motorcycle? If you're going to throw your life away, he better have a motorcycle!"

Gauss
Barista of Doom

Post by Gauss » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:05 pm

I believe we will have achieved equality when women have fought for and won the responsibility to register for the draft, and men actually have a fair chance in custody battles....like Tootie said "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life."