PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

Audition tonight, wish me luck!!

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Audition tonight, wish me luck!!

Post by Rench » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:43 am

A few know, or have seen me reference it elsewhere, but I've been learning to play the bagpipes for 3 years now (my poor, POOR family and co workers). Tonight will be the relative culmination of that, auditioning for my first pipe band. I've got to play 6 tunes, perfectly, solo.

Anyway, if you all could send your loudest, shrillest and most obnoxious positive thoughts, as long as they're in tune and on beat, that would be appropriate. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Rench

"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: Audition tonight, wish me luck!!

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:47 am

Break a leg!

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:04 am

Hah!
I luv the "give a fuck" button! Thanks DerG.

Good luck on the pipes, that kind of thing is always nerve racking.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like I'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"keep about your wits, Know yourself and who you came in with"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:16 am

I'm sending ya my good thoughts, on behalf of all my dead Scottish ancestors!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 am

Knock 'em out!
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:57 am

...so the octopus says "Play it? If I can figure out how to get its pajamas off I'm gonna fuck it!"
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:24 pm

guitargeek wrote:...so the octopus says "Play it? If I can figure out how to get its pajamas off I'm gonna fuck it!"
That is fucking great! :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Passed!!! :mrgreen:

And for the record, my pipes are in fact completely blacked out. :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Rench wrote:Passed!!! :mrgreen:
W00T! (Literally.)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Nicely done sir, congrats!
Jaeger wrote:
Rench wrote:Passed!!! :mrgreen:
W00T! (Literally.)

--Jaeger
Shouldn't that be W00T-HONK-SQUEE-BRAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? :P
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 am

Huzzah!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Bo_9 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:51 am

So now that you are official.
What would it cost to have you relentlessly follow around someone around for an entire day?
Just imagine, you walk out to go to work- dude playing bagpipes.
You are in your cube all day while behind you, -dude playing bagpipes.
Go to the gym after work - dude playing bagpipes.
Tucked into bed, while outside your window - dude playing bagpipes.

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 am

That's particularly funny because its what I just did to my sister for her birthday. At least the walk out the door part.

I'd do it for a 6 pack of Lite and the practice! :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Bo_9 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 am

I know someone that hired a mariachi band to trail his son-in-law to a job interview at a big industrial outfit in KC.
He knew the owner well and let him in on the gag so they helped it along. Said they did an awesome job, followed him into the building, played while he waited in the lobby, and kept playing in the hall through the entire interview.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:52 pm

OK, final word on this, then you can all bleach the image of me in a skirt from your minds. :mrgreen:

So we finished our second and vastly less formal set on Saturday night to a cheering crowd of 800+ people. A guy comes up to me out of the crowd and says "Hey! I noticed all the others have lots of silver and extra trim on their pipes, but yours are all flat black, what's with that?"

:mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:53 pm

And for that a fuck has been given.

My grandmother, of Scottish ancestry, used to say upon hearing the pipes, "can't you just feel it in your blood?". Aye, I can.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Rench wrote:OK, final word on this, then you can all bleach the image of me in a skirt from your minds.
A skirt? Why on earth would we picture you in a skirt? I picture you playing the pipes, all I see is the perfectly regular attire ... boots, shirt, jacket, kilt ... I don't understand your skirt reference.
:? :?
Zim wrote:And for that a fuck has been given.

My grandmother, of Scottish ancestry, used to say upon hearing the pipes, "can't you just feel it in your blood?". Aye, I can.
I dunno if my Scottish born granny ever said anything like that (she died when I was three), but aye, a feel it, too!

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Mon May 12, 2014 2:09 pm

bagpipes r kool

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Bo_9 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:54 am

I had no idea.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:17 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Rench wrote:OK, final word on this, then you can all bleach the image of me in a skirt from your minds.
A skirt? Why on earth would we picture you in a skirt? I picture you playing the pipes, all I see is the perfectly regular attire ... boots, shirt, jacket, kilt ... I don't understand your skirt reference.
Eh, why not a "skirt". As a very general classification for garments, I think it's a fitting description for a kilt. For all the years I've been wearing them my (literally) red-headed mother-in-law still calls me "skirt boy", though with some fondness.

Also, kind of a random thought, but is there some link between kilt-wearing and Ural-owning that I'm missing, or is it just a coincidence?
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:33 am

jae wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:
Eh, why not a "skirt". As a very general classification for garments, I think it's a fitting description for a kilt. For all the years I've been wearing them my (literally) red-headed mother-in-law still calls me "skirt boy", though with some fondness.

Also, kind of a random thought, but is there some link between kilt-wearing and Ural-owning that I'm missing, or is it just a coincidence?
There's nothing wrong with men wearing skirts. I don't even think there's anything wrong with women not wearing skirts, would you believe it.
What upsets the grandson of a bonnie scottish lass, aka me, and some damn hun, a nitpicky, antisocial über-kraut, aka me, is not equating kilt with skirt. Technically, the kilt does apparently fall in the skirt genus of garments.
It's that, in popular discourse, "skirt" is still equated by many with the traditional, misogynist definition of "girly". They don't call a kilt a skirt to describe the garment, but to shame the wearer. That is idiotic, wrong in every technical direction and assinine.
Yes, a kilt is a skirt. But the idea that a man should be ashamed of wearing a skirt, that I object to.

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:45 pm

It might be the sidecar, or just your naturally expressed uber-coolness.

That's what it is for me.

Did you ever get to listen to Susana Seveine? She can really play!
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak