PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

whatcha doing?

Post by Rench » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Its sunday night. I'm bored. I'm practicing for my first gig next weekend, but I know all the tunes, so its just speed runs now. And between every one, I refresh the boards. And noone else is here.

Who else keeps checking?

-Rench

(Might be the saddest loneliest post ever. Just saying...)

"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Checking in, not much happening, just waiting for Sherlock to start.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Its nights like this I need a TV habit. The shows I do watch are all off season right now. No walking Dead. No Vikings, no Sons (yes, I admit it).

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:11 pm

I am chilling, about to dive back into my Kindle. I've been on a science fiction bender this year, just finished Joe Haldeman's The Accidental Time Machine, just started Lucius Shepard's Life During Wartime.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Also hacking my way through some Clash of Clans battles on the iPad.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Just woke up from a nap. Bout to see what's in the cupboard for dinner... Might watch a movie or some more Law and Order on netflix.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

roadmissile
Chief Marketing Schwaggerizer

Post by roadmissile » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:06 pm

New BBC version of Three Musketeers and a Starz pirate show called Black Sails just hit the torrent sites, giving them a try and researching nearby reverse engineering firms.

/RM
/Speed is our religion.

"If requests are an option, I'd like to be hit by a beautiful and highly trained nurse, driving a marshmallow. Naked. And then she would buy me an ice cream." - Rev

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Catching up on blogs, board, etc. Fairly typical night.

(Current TV obsession is... "Avatar: The Last Airbender." Yes, it's a kid's cartoon, but it's really fucking good.)

Should've been in bed an hour ago, but I'm a dumbass.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:16 pm

It's monday morning, I'm just having coffee before heading out.

Last night, I was playing around with setting up a donotreply email for the board and getting all the relevant usernames and email addresses out of the database for making a reminder mail happen. In the end, manual copy paste was the quickest solution.

I don't have a TV obsession, not having an actual TV, and there not being many ultra-magnificent shows, currently. But apart from HIMYM and Big Bang Theory, I dig The Blacklist more and more. It's not as good as Sherlock, but quite magnificent despite being a US remake of a Brit show, so I also recommend Elementary. Warehouse 13 is on hiatus, of course. :x
Last night, I had some old episodes (though they're all old, aren't they) of The West Wing running as background noise. I should take more time reading, especially since my new phone makes it even more convenient than my tablet, but it's not quite as easy as it was immediately after the surgery and I think I've just gotten out of the habit over the last two years. I'm just getting my fix on audiobooks, currently, and I'm looking into text-to-speech stuff so I won't be limited to audible's selection.

No, I don't check in on the board a lot. I check in constantly. If I'm not at work or asleep, I dare you to look at the main forum page and not see me online almost all of the time.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 pm

I race cars every sunday night. Online, that is. But that wouldn't help you as my sunday night is your sunday noon. Got stuck in traffic, bad pitting strategy, finished 5th. not too bad for a sunday night.
I'm not really from around here.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:28 pm

My newest TV obsession is True Detective. Ep01 was pretty fucking good, haven't watched tonight's yet.

You know, I think I'll make some popcorn, turn on the big speakers watch that right now...
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

kitkat
Magnum Jihad

Post by kitkat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:10 am

Researching brake upgrade mods for my car...lol Glad i did...found out that a C5 corvette dual piston caliper on 12" discs (that i was strongly considering) exerts even less braking torque than the single piston stock calipers on stock 10.25 discs! ha! So the LS1 caliper/rotor setup seems the way to go..about 20% decrease in pedal, torque constrained. :) (See, i hate fadey brakes...)
"The ultimate word is I LIKE." --Jack London

auribus teneo lupum

old FJ 1250; MZ Mastiff; Bandit 1200

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:23 am

Wow. I just did part of a crossword puzzle and did some Youtube clips of some guys restoring a WWII Panther tank and then started planning on converting one of my sewing machines to a belt or chain drive versus the bevel gears that are all now chowdered up.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

kitkat
Magnum Jihad

Post by kitkat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:15 am

Panther tank...mmmm.... but can ya still \get 88mm shells? lol
"The ultimate word is I LIKE." --Jack London

auribus teneo lupum

old FJ 1250; MZ Mastiff; Bandit 1200

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:17 am

I always wanted a sewing machine

Think I'm gonna start a Law and Order marathon in a few. I've developed a thing for Mariska Hargitay...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:00 am

That's an easy thing to develop. I forget the exact lineage, but I believe her mother is some supermodel from the 60's And her dad was a Mr. Universe. Genetically destined to be incredibly attractive.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

Pattio
Centrifugal Savant of Two Wheel Transportation

Post by Pattio » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:00 am

Mariska Hartigay is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield.

That's her on the right with another famous pretty lady, Sophia Loren.
-Pattio-

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Mariska Hargitay survived the car crash that killed her mother, Jayne Mansfield.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Pattio wrote:MImage

That's her on the right with another famous pretty lady, Sophia Loren.
I've loved this pic on so many levels... :mrgreen:

:shock:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:16 pm

whatcha doing?
Imbibing.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

Sisyphus
Rigging the Ancient Mariner

Post by Sisyphus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Watching a really shitty movie.
Sent from my POS laptop plugged into the wall

stiles
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by stiles » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am

For the last few days I've been re-animating a half dozen top-notch classic Cadillacs, coupes, sedans and convertibles.
"If we cannot be free, we can at least be cheap" - Frank Zappa

Pattio
Centrifugal Savant of Two Wheel Transportation

Post by Pattio » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 am

I am in the process of changing my barn from a storage space to a workshop. I am very grateful to MATPOC for his help in this process. My hand was somewhat forced in this because the people who were using my 'shop stuff' for their indy motorcycle shop are going through a big change and its time for me to get out of there and move the stuff from their mill building to my barn.

I am trying to put together several Lambretta motor scooters because the annual gathering of the national owner's group is in Boston this year and I want to help my local club represent. I pretty much have two good complete ones at this point, and will probably be able to field a third (see Thank You MATPOC, above) in time for the event in early summer.

I am trying to figure out which of my motorcycles I can throw off the lifeboat this year, I have too many, I can't afford to keep them all on the road, and I cannot for the life-of-me figure out which ones I can do without. Probably the 1125r and the XT225. I really don't want to let the XT225 go but as long as I have the highway-capable KLX650 and my dirt ambitions continue to be mild, the small one will probably have to go.

I dedicated last summer to acoustic motorbiking, and achieved all my goals for riding and fitness, covering over a thousand miles and changing some fat to muscle (no weight loss, but that's just a number) This winter I am using an indoor spin-bike for the first time, with the goal of starting next season in a strong state. My technique for this is to watch the popular science-fiction series Battlestar Galactica while I pedal to nowhere in the guest bedroom. It's going well. I sure do sleep better on days that I've put in my sweat-time.
-Pattio-

sun rat
Dominatrix of Skulduggery

Post by sun rat » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:25 am

Cleaning up somebody elses mess. (I have maintained my flawless reputation as a poor judge of character).

Moved from big expensive house into beat up cheap trailer.

Just started grad school online. So trying to catch up on reading.

Constantly thinking "road trip".

If you ever had my number, it's changed a few times over the last year. Pm for the new one. Please. I need contact with people who aren't psychotic bath salts users.
fuck it all.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:31 am

Damn, that sounds rough. Apart from that stuff, you okay? The kids alright?
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

sun rat

Post by sun rat » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

Assuming you refer to me.

All my kin are well. My son, who works in construction has actually taken the past week off to help me.

Basically, I was a partner in buying six trailers to rent. The partner is a drug addled conman. My renters are poor people who are the main victims of his scullduggery.
I'm fixing that.

Also I'm now the full owner.
fuck it all.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 am

sun rat wrote:Assuming you refer to me.

All my kin are well. My son, who works in construction has actually taken the past week off to help me.

Basically, I was a partner in buying six trailers to rent. The partner is a drug addled conman. My renters are poor people who are the main victims of his scullduggery.
I'm fixing that.

Also I'm now the full owner.
At least it sounds like a good outlook. Wish ya all the best!

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Damn Sunny, when will you be finished with school? Are you still studying foreign languages?
Also, where does your son work? I work for a big general contractor and we have an office in Fort Worth.
-Davros

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Sisyphus wrote:Watching a really shitty movie.
Do tell?
-Davros

sun rat

Post by sun rat » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:Damn Sunny, when will you be finished with school? Are you still studying foreign languages?
Also, where does your son work? I work for a big general contractor and we have an office in Fort Worth.
After the MA I will be done unless I get a decent, nonsoulkilling job before then.
My son works for a local guy down here in the boonies.
fuck it all.