PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by calamari kid » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:21 am

Up late, can't sleep. Got a job offer today, just waiting on the background check. I hope they don't find out I'm a terrorist.

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:30 am

calamari kid wrote:Up late, can't sleep. Got a job offer today, just waiting on the background check. I hope they don't find out I'm a terrorist.

Hoping you get the job. Fingers crossed here!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:06 pm

goose wrote:
calamari kid wrote:Up late, can't sleep. Got a job offer today, just waiting on the background check. I hope they don't find out I'm a terrorist.

Hoping you get the job. Fingers crossed here!
Just got the official welcome to the company email. I'm so fucking stoked for this. Been damn near a year since I last collected a paycheck, and it's been pretty rough at times. Even better the company feels like a place I can be happy at for a good long time, it's not just a job because I need a job situation. The most junior person on my team after me has been there eight years, full benefits right off the bat, everyone I've encountered has had a smile on their face. Feels like I might be turning a big corner here.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:48 am

calamari kid wrote: Just got the official welcome to the company email. ... Feels like I might be turning a big corner here.
WOO HOO! Congrats!

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:25 am

Came home from work. Checked in online and printed out my boarding passes.
Measured out my bag and then went shopping for a second bag, to make good use of the cabin luggage allowance.
Came home and packed. I am done packing now.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 am

Breaking in a new IWB Holster from Crossbreed Holsters
Sanity has left the building

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Cleaned and lubed my cables.

Got one of those little cable luber clamp things along with an order of sprockets and a chain. Took care of the final drive last night, but today I puttered around with the cables. Starting with the clutch, I cleaned up the lever pivot, clamped the tool on the cable, shot brake cleaner through, then compressed air, then silicone. Re-assembled.

Wow!!!

To the throttle. Disassembled, cleaned, clamped, brake cleaner, air, silicone, re-assembled.

WOW!!!

Clutch lever pulls in super easy. Almost feels like something is loose (it's not). The throttle is silky smooth and light, instead of sticky and hard to turn. So different than what it was, it's disconcerting and I have to re-learn how operate the controls.

Also gained at least 1.5 hp.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Zim wrote:Cleaned and lubed my cables.

Is this on the Sherpa? So adding 1.5hp means you're now up to what, 4? :mrgreen:
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Left the house to go to work at 0415 this morning, just got home at 1915. There is no feeling like putting in 15 hours away from home in a single day. This is why I am finally getting started on my MBA.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:10 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:

Is this on the Sherpa? So adding 1.5hp means you're now up to what, 4? :mrgreen:
:lol:

Fuck you. It's up to 6 now.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Just got done fixing the drainline for the AC system. It has been such a Humid summer for AZ, the line clogged rapidly. Sadly, we found out after it flooded the main drain pan, and then flooded the back up safety pan (which did not have a drain of it's own...All told, not counting what had spilled, we took 3 gallons of water out of the attic...Out of pocket cost to date? $30...if I had to call an AC guy and Water Restoration company...$500. Both below my deductible for the Federally Mandated Flood Insurance. (We can't buy supplemental through our homeowners because our Zipcode falls into a proscribed area under FEMA. Probably due to all the flash flooding)
Sanity has left the building

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Wow!!!
i love this stuff, especially now that they have the needle applicator.

today you decide what tomorrow will bring

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:39 am

Riding the California Zephyr, going through Davis now! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 am

Awesome, I love a good train ride.
-Davros

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:11 pm

guitargeek wrote:Potty training my possum.
proud of Pete.jpg
Can't tell you how proud I am! Good boy, Pete Postlethwaite O'Possum!
I swear to god I've never once used "O.M.G." BUT OMG that's the best thing I've seen in ten forevers. FUCKING LOVE IT
All proceeds go to help cripple children.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:18 pm

BBQ at Chickenhawk's, with many old school ootmicks.

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:19 am

Measuring, cutting, stripping, crimping, soldering, routing, mounting... and waiting.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:15 am

Sipping coffee. Soon, I'll drive to the airport and pick up Der Golgo!
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

2XSL
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 2XSL » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:15 am

at work

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm

I'm hanging out with Der Golgo!
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:41 am

Just woke up on GG's couch.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 am

with, or without the sheep suit?
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:56 pm

We just enjoyed a delicious lunch of quasi-quiche, mushy taters and baked spinach crisps.
My niece is becoming a very good cook!

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 pm

This evening's meal consisted of grilled pork chops marinaded in sriracha sauce and Italian dressing, stir fried green beans with pecans, and mushy taters, but the real centerpiece was my niece's apple and peach cristadas! A couple of my friends came over, we had a nice meal with a variety of beers.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:46 am

Those peach cristadas were amazing!

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:01 am

Went for my first ride with heated gear. Vest and grip heaters.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Sounds like you're out of excuses to skip DOOM!!!

:mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Swelling. Will someone please tell me to stop crashing?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Sitting in "Checkpoint Charlie", live music, bar, grill and laundromat (seriously, it's on their sign), waiting for the band to finish setting up.

Oh, and stop crashing, Zim.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Oh...there's the excuse...

Zim, knock it the fuck off, huh?

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni