PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching a second time. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first attempt.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

whatcha doing?

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
jae
Magnum Jihad

Re: whatcha doing?

Post by jae » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:34 am

DerGolgo wrote:...
If you try to quit, it may be for you. Or it may not. I don't give a fuck. I even respect smoking bans when I look for a place to vape, even though the courts here decided that the one doesn't apply to the other.
Interesting (regarding the smoking ban thing), as most places here won't let you vape if you can't smoke. Don't know if it's an appearance thing or if it just hasn't been sorted legally yet, but that's how it is for now.

I realize that it's going to be impossible to get a 100% safe vice, it's really just an excuse. The biggest turn-off to me with vaping is the appearance. When I was reading (and watching) reviews on my Pax, one guy complained that there was no visible smoke like you get with vaping, making it "embarassing" to use in public. Really, this is one of the things that I appreciate about it. Yeah, you can smell a nutty tobacco (not smoky) fragrance when I use it, but there's not as much visual indication of what I'm doing and most people don't recognize it as being a tobacco smell. This makes it handy in places here where smoking is not allowed (indoor concerts, movie theater, etc.).

I'm curious to try it out. I know that a lot of my friends who have tried it have gotten into it and enjoy it.

There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am

I recall I recently saw advertisements for disposable e-cigarettes that were advertised as being "invisible", no visible vapor, so you could (supposedly) use them on an airplane.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:57 am

jae wrote:
DerGolgo wrote:...
If you try to quit, it may be for you. Or it may not. I don't give a fuck. I even respect smoking bans when I look for a place to vape, even though the courts here decided that the one doesn't apply to the other.
...you can smell a nutty tobacco (not smoky) fragrance when I use it, but there's not as much visual indication of what I'm doing and most people don't recognize it as being a tobacco smell. This makes it handy in places here where smoking is not allowed (indoor concerts, movie theater, etc.).
Insert sales pitch about snus here.

No spitting. No smoke. Just a little pouch in your lip. Lasts for somewhere between 30-60min.

I never expected I'd be using smokeless tobacco, but it's kept me off cigarettes for several years now.

I tried the vape thing a while back but it didn't work for me. Then again, it was one of the early ones and was still trying to look like a little cigarette. The big ones that produce more vapor might be better. Dunno.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:32 am

I saw a guy "vaping" in the grocery store.

Really, you can't wait do that outside? It smelled like a fruit scented fog machine. I thought I was going to start having an ecstasy flashback from my raver days.

In retrospect, I should have stood near him and farted relentlessly.
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:40 am

Yeah, some people vape because they figure they can do it wherever and just mess with people and it makes them feel all dominant and shit.
They give the rest of us a bad name.
The least anyone should do when vaping indoors is to ask the owner/proprietor/occupants whether it's cool or not.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:53 am

Swedish snus is the way to go.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:37 pm

guitargeek wrote:Swedish snus is the way to go.
Wow I totally missed the 1st "s" there, definitely changed the way that sentence reads...
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:27 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
jae wrote:I'm not completely sold on the vaping liquids being completely safe, ...
I'm not aware of anyone who claims that they are. The point is that they are less dangerous than tobacco.
There are a number of advocates in the US who swear that the Vape is perfectly safe, with absolutely no side effects. They however, refuse to answer any questions with regards to someone who mixes their own juice. BTW, you don't need the THC wax. You can make an oil that is easy to sublime into a solution that will use the same base ingredients as your general vape juice. I will not discuss how to do it on an open forum, but if you really want to know, I am quite certain your google-fu should be able to pull up the instructions. I won't even teach my son how to make it.

As for smoke rings, he ran out of PG based juice. All of his current juice stock is VG based. He noticed that the VG juice doesn't coalesce the same way a PG based juice does. As soon as we get some more PG juice we will get the video made.
Sanity has left the building

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:09 pm

wyckedsin wrote:As for smoke rings, he ran out of PG based juice. All of his current juice stock is VG based. He noticed that the VG juice doesn't coalesce the same way a PG based juice does. As soon as we get some more PG juice we will get the video made.
That explains very many!
I never vaped anything less than 50%VG, and never really tried blowing ring before going to nearly pure VG. I'm currently at 75% VG, PG and aroma making up the rest. The only reason I have any PG in there at all anymore is so that it'll flow well in a tank atomizer, pure VG is too thick for that.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Listening to the radio.
Where they just announced a radio-play about the sister in law of von Stauffenberg. Or some relative of that description, I didn't listen very closely. Because when they mentioned the failed coup attempt, I realized I had missed the anniversary. I had the radio going all yesterday morning, and an hour or so after I had gotten home from work, but did they mention anything yesterday? They didn't.
I don't want to blame the media for failing to remind me of this auspicious date, that's entirely my own failing.
But still. I'd have expected something.

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:50 am

I'm getting ready for a charity ride for the American Legion. It's a ride from Mount Pleasant (MI) to Sault Ste. Marie in the UP. I did a little fund raising outside of the $25 they want for the ride, as it benefits the Wilwin Lodge, which is a place where members can go for quiet time. (It also serves as a quiet place for PTSI (Formerly PTSD) sufferers to unwind. (http://www.legion.org/commander/211533/ ... lwin-lodge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Anyway, not to interrupt the vaping convo, but I didnt think this needed its own post. (Sorry guys, I'm a Hookah Guy (Al Fahker brand, starbuzz if I am slumming))

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:16 am

My old man has been gently encouraging me to join the American Legion riders for a few years (as a son/auxillary, not a service guy myself). He doesn't get or appreciate the T in UTMC, so he's trying to redirect me. :mrgreen:

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Passing urine and having bowel movements in a plastic box outside instead of using the bathroom like most households. It's a hit with the kids, and my wife flips me off every time she heads to the "outhouse". Especially at night.

Toilet trouble in a one bathroom house. Questionable subfloor. No contractors in sight. And the portable toilet needs a cleaning... badly. Tacos were a goddamn mistake.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Just finished getting the wife's Home Office set up as well as can be until her actual desk arrives from her work. She is now a "Work From Home" person. They sent all of her equipment...except the actual desk, yesterday. Dedicated cable line got installed today, and I managed to get everything wired up, then had an argument with her IT department. To switch her main monitor to "Portrait" required admin rights. They kept trying to tell me that it could be done through the Virtual Desktop they use...made them log in to her computer, and then used the webcam for her meetings to show them that "NO YOU CAN'T!" At least they sent her boss a message telling her that it was their fault she wasn't up and running for the last hour...She got paid for the full day, and managed 2 hours of OT once I had her set up.
Sanity has left the building

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Sweating.

The heat pump has broken down again, so the house is about 90°F and very humid.

At 10:30 pm.

Still, it could be worse! I have electricity, which means I have water, and the air conditioner in the shop kicks fucking ass. I bought an air mattress, blew it up with the shopvac, and things suddenly aren't so bad after all, positively civilized! I won't be hosting dinner parties any time soon, but I've been meaning to spend more time in the shop...

I'm probably going to switch back to sleeping during daylight hours, since it's dangerously hot during the day and I have to avoid sunlight, anyway.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 am

guitargeek wrote:I'm probably going to switch back to sleeping during daylight hours, since it's dangerously hot during the day and I have to avoid sunlight, anyway.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:41 am

Bingo!

Toonce(s)
Asshat Spambot

Post by Toonce(s) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 am

nosferatu2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, Ninja.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Getting ready to go pick up my rashed up Sprint from my friend's house, maybe my mini bike if there's enough room.
There, I said it.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Doing an oil change in my bedroom.

EDIT: I think I'll sleep in the house, wwheerree iiitts merely hot & sticky, not toxic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:15 pm

After a couple years, my KZ750 is legal again! I'm not sure what I'm going to eat later this week, and I can't afford to run much gasoline through it until I get more money, but I feel like I've really accomplished something big in my life.

rolly
Tim Horton hears a Who?

Post by rolly » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:48 pm

You can eat bugs! Huzzah!

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:31 am

Woo hoo! The spine-breaker lives!!

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Wading back into the wiring harness on Ponch.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:44 pm

I increased cooling airflow to my noggin.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Laundry
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:46 am

flooring...

well, more accurately, at the moment I'm sitting at my desk recovering from redoing my floors at night.
There, I said it.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:51 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Wow I totally missed the 1st "s" there, definitely changed the way that sentence reads...

What the hell is a wedish?
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:58 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:

What the hell is a wedish?

If you have to ask big man, you can't afford it...
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Procrastinating. On everything. Don't want to order new mower parts. Drain in bathroom just looks like a pain in the ass. Jogging is not as fun anymore. So just sitting on my ass, letting my projects get dusty.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni