Well, fuck!

Motorcycle news mah Brothahs and Sistahs! Read on or post your own.

Re: Well, fuck!

Postby Bigshankhank » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:36 am

guitargeek wrote:I wish I could afford steak!

Be careful what you wish for, by the time it's all said and done the steaks for us hoi polloi will most likely be made out of people. But only the best people.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby motorpsycho67 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Why is there a 'Well, fuck!' in every section?
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Postby DerGolgo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:29 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:Why is there a 'Well, fuck!' in every section?

It's called a "Global Announcement".
One of my Admin-Fu-Superpowers, I have little checkboxes to make a topic "sticky", at the top of the forum, "Anouncement", at the top and with a special "Anouncements" title-bar and their own little box. Global Anouncements end up in the "Anounements" box for every forum. Same topic, or thread, or whatchacallist, it's just referenced in every sub-forum, for to make access accessier.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby motorpsycho67 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Your redundancy is redundant...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Postby DerGolgo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:Your redundancy is redundant...

The redundancy-paradox is that redundancy never is redundant, innit.
The idea is that not all people look at all sub-forums, or won't look at "Headline News" or the like when they see the new post thingy, figuring it's just the same topic, again and again. The redundancy makes sure they are reminded wherever they go on the board.
At this point, though, I think it has served it's purpose and I will demote it to the Headline News.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby AZRider » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Even my conservative boss is starting to get a clue how this could be very bad for a lot of people..
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Bigshankhank » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:49 pm

AZRider wrote:Even my conservative boss is starting to get a clue how this could be very bad for a lot of people..

Shit, mine are doubling down. "All those union workers that have been paying dues all these years and they couldn't save their own jobs until Trump came along and took charge". I have callouses on my nose and hands from the frequent facepalms I am performing.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby motorpsycho67 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
AZRider wrote:Even my conservative boss is starting to get a clue how this could be very bad for a lot of people..

Shit, mine are doubling down. "All those union workers that have been paying dues all these years and they couldn't save their own jobs until Trump came along and took charge". I have callouses on my nose and hands from the frequent facepalms I am performing.

Dunning Kruger in full bloom...
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Postby DerGolgo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:52 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:

Dunning Kruger in full bloom...

There's a whole lot at play here, but I don't think Dunning Kruger is the biggie. It's in there, but I sense more choice-supportive bias, riding a big old wave of Belief perseverance and possibly a bit of Declinism. A bunch of that falls under good old Confirmation bias, as I expected and keep seeing whenever I look at anything (it's sneaky like that).
Unions bad, grrr, Trump good, yupee. So whatever Trump does, or doesn't do, is good, is even better when it can be twisted in some shape that'll let them use it to accuse a union (grrr!) of failing something, while confirming that those union-member bastards, those labor-rights crazies, are just that, infantile crazies.
If Trump goes on to do anything bad, they will likely rave about this more and more, and about things like it. One thing many people will never, EVER do is admit they made a bad call. The bigger the social palaver about the situation was, the louder they will scream about how they obviously made the right call. As long as they can deliver "proof" to other people, they can convince themselves they didn't make any mistakes.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Rench » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Being a moderate conservative, I take the missing of Right Wing Nuts as a dear personal compliment. :mrgreen: I hate it when I step away for a few weeks or more, but the percolation that happens in slow motion around here is AWESOME. This should've been the first place I ran to that night. Le'sigh. Reading and catching up to do...

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby MoraleHazard » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:07 am

Rench wrote:Being a moderate conservative, I take the missing of Right Wing Nuts as a dear personal compliment. :mrgreen: I hate it when I step away for a few weeks or more, but the percolation that happens in slow motion around here is AWESOME. This should've been the first place I ran to that night. Le'sigh. Reading and catching up to do...

-Rench

I guess I missed the cut as well; not that I'm complaining, and not that I'm going to get drawn back into internet politics arguments. :P
666(k) Retirement Plan of the Beast. Only offered by Dis Annuities.

'91 EX500 (sold)
'04 R1150R

It's like getting bitten by a radioactive horse and instead of getting a really large cock you turn into a brony.
MoraleHazard
Vatican Sex Kitten

Postby Rench » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:54 am

Just spit-balling and riffing on the whole "they just wanted a change, any change" vs "but you aligned yourself with a racist!" debate in our post-trump society. I wonder how much that's been influenced by the Trump supporter that your average liberal/progressive has contact with. To wit: the Trump voter I try to defend with pleas of understanding their viewpoint and humanity is not the keyboard warrior, the boss, the local fraternity, or the accounting guys at work. The Trump supporter that your average urban/suburbanite progressive runs into and deals with have no reason whatsoever to hope for desperate change. They very likely ARE closet racists, at least elitists, and financially positioned in such a way that tax breaks for the wealthy sound like a GREAT idea. Or at best/worst (depending on how you like to look at it), toe-the-line republicans, which deserve if not vitriol, at least a decent thwack in the back of the head.

Just some thoughts in passing.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni
Rench
the Harm in Harmony

BANNER!:
US Chicago

Postby AZRider » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 am

I went to a New Years party hosted by one of my conservative friends. Major topic of conversation was how conservatives who actually care about policy (not hot-button social issues like Roe v. Wade) have nowhere to turn in the current political landscape. Democrats have moved rightward on many issues but not enough, and Republicans have veered off into a faith-based smokescreen covering a hodgepodge of radical Libertarianism and handing the economy to the biggest donors.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby guitargeek » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 pm

DNC hubris is what lost them the general election. Shenanigans during the primary threw the Progressive wing under the bus, banking on Hillary's inevitability, and now we're all going to pay. I see Berniecrats rejoice over her defeat, apparently not realizing that we're about to see the conservative agenda run rampant. It's *not* just Trump! This is regime change...
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby Bigshankhank » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:28 pm

AZRider wrote:I went to a New Years party hosted by one of my conservative friends. Major topic of conversation was how conservatives who actually care about policy (not hot-button social issues like Roe v. Wade) have nowhere to turn in the current political landscape. Democrats have moved rightward on many issues but not enough, and Republicans have veered off into a faith-based smokescreen covering a hodgepodge of radical Libertarianism and handing the economy to the biggest donors.

Quoted for truth; I have had this same conversation with several dyed-in-the-wool-GOP friends and family members who didn't know where to cast their votes this year because they felt the party has gone too far into the evangelical right, and has been for a long time. When your own party base is too smart for your shit that you start pandering to fools, you are no longer true to your party's message.
-Davros

Bigshankhank

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby AZRider » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 pm

guitargeek wrote:It's *not* just Trump! This is regime change...

Seriously. What is happening is unprecedented. Total disregard for the processes used throughout the 20th century. This is not conservative government, it is a hurried effort to lock in the power of one group before the demographic shift locks them out of power. Conservative policy will always have a good number of supporters regardless of the demographic distribution, but for the Old Boy Network to remain in control is a different matter. They know that they must hang on to their majority at all costs through the midterm elections because whoever holds power in 2021 gets to redistrict following the census. If they have majority in the Supreme Court and they get to gerrymander even further, they will have a lock on power for easily the next two decades.
AZRider

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby guitargeek » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:14 pm

This message popped up while I was taking a screen shot of our illustrious POTUS...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

BANNER!:
US Oklahoma 46

Postby spyder » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:43 pm

phpBB [media]
Say it loudly, and proudly.
The original 667 Spyder

04 Buell XB 12 POS
spyder
Moto Mohel

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby DerGolgo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 am

Fuck is the nicotine of the English language.
Nicotine will calm ya down when you're upset or stressed, but will also keep you awake when you are sleepy, pep you up when you're frustrated. Nicotine is helpful when dealing with depression and ptsd. It's a welcome distraction when surrounded by fucking shite, while also helping you focus on what's in front of you.
It does many different and seemingly contradictory things, and it does them all by itself, without a special setup.
What nicotine does to the body, fuck does in language.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:25 pm

DerGolgo wrote:Fuck is the nicotine of the English language.
Nicotine will calm ya down when you're upset or stressed, but will also keep you awake when you are sleepy, pep you up when you're frustrated. Nicotine is helpful when dealing with depression and ptsd. It's a welcome distraction when surrounded by fucking shite, while also helping you focus on what's in front of you.
It does many different and seemingly contradictory things, and it does them all by itself, without a special setup.
What nicotine does to the body, fuck does in language.

Both this and my new .sig need to go up on the "quotes" page.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby DerGolgo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Jaeger wrote:
Both this and my new .sig need to go up on the "quotes" page.

--Jaeger

I forget. Where did I put that?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Bigshankhank » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:58 am

Yes, that is beautifully stated.
-Davros

Bigshankhank

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby Jaeger » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 pm

rc26 wrote:...Despite the "sky is falling" hysteria some people are buying into, the world isn't going to come to an end with Trump's election, it'll keep on turning. Just wait and see, you'll be just fine, all of us will.

For those who diligently ignore the Politics Thread (and because this thread is pinned and I'd forgotten its original purpose)...

So... 6 months down the road... how's everybody feeling about that?

Personally, I feel nauseous.

I don't feel like linking a bunch of stuff because I'm lazy. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read a fucking newspaper.

As I was skimming through the top of the tread refreshing my memory (i.e., when I flicked the scroll wheel down) this one jumped out at me:

On Nov 09, 2016, XTIAN wrote: That was like watching a whole nation enter a restaurant and eat the urinal freshener.

Indeed. Now the question is whether we puke or shit ourselves to death.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 (Seeking New Opportunities)
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Previous

Return to Headline News