BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.

Re: BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

Postby problemaddict » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:54 pm

No sir, but proper genre of motorcycle.
problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby xtian » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:52 pm

is that a pan european 1100, aka the less demonstrative engine in the history of non demonstrative engines ?
I'm not really from around here.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Postby DerGolgo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:27 pm

problemaddict wrote:No sir, but proper genre of motorcycle.

In that case, I think xtian has laid his finger on it.

xtian wrote:is that a pan european 1100, aka the less demonstrative engine in the history of non demonstrative engines ?

I'm not sure there even IS any other motorcycle with a longitudinally mounted V4. Is there?
Those Hondas, and that Motus, and that's about it. Haven't been keeping up, though, I just realized I might have missed something,
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.
DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Location: It's bad enough I gotta live here, don't make me say it, too ...
BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Bigshankhank » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 pm

DerGolgo wrote:
problemaddict wrote:Oh, and, name that bike...

Motus.

Waiting for Bimota to build a bike with a Motus engine.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby jae » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:09 am

it wouldn't be a Guzzi v4, would it? Don't think I've ever seen one in the wild, though photographic evidence suggests that they do exist

edit: nope, looks a lot more like a Honda ST1100 to me
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.
jae
Magnum Jihad

BANNER!:
US Texas

Postby problemaddict » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 am

Yep, ST1100 / pan European. Xtian gets a cookie!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/insa ... 73075.html

Also, I once posted on the board that I had seen a Motus in the wild, but then turns out it was just a Honda CTX1300

problemaddict

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby AZRider » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:29 pm

problemaddict wrote:Yep, ST1100 / pan European. Xtian gets a cookie!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/insa ... 73075.html

Also, I once posted on the board that I had seen a Motus in the wild, but then turns out it was just a Honda CTX1300

The Motus is a stupendous motorcycle. Impressive enough to make me quite willing to admit that I'm not man enough to use its capabilities.

And there's the conundrum: If you're going to build a new motorcycle, it has to be better than the competition, or else it's a waste of time, effort, and money. In fact, if it's a NEW motorcycle, it has to be ENOUGH better that people will take the risk of buying an unknown. . . But what if the competition is good enough that to be ENOUGH better, you have to build something UNNECESSARILY good? USELESSLY good?

In that case will people who can't use but a fraction of its abilities a fraction of the time decide to crack open their wallets and buy it as a status symbol? Will people get enough joy from those adrenaline moments that they are willing to under-utilize the bike the other 98% of the time?

We let our Motus franchise go because they weren't selling (and because corporate made it very hard to not lose money as a dealership). There are probably lots of reasons. For me, it's that even if I could afford a $40,000 motorcycle, why should I? There are lots of $20,000 motorcycles that are better than I can use 99% of the time.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Jaeger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:55 pm

AZRider wrote:The Motus is a stupendous motorcycle. Impressive enough to make me quite willing to admit that I'm not man enough to use its capabilities.

I saw you ride a Ducati with the real wheel covered in oil that was, if memory serves, drifting towards being on fire. After that episode there isn't a man (or woman) on this site who'll question the durability of your cojones.

AZRider wrote:And there's the conundrum... There are lots of $20,000 motorcycles that are better than I can use 99% of the time.

Quite. That's why I personally traded in my SV650—a damn strong bike, but nothing earth-shattering by modern standards—for my "old man's bike." The SV encouraged me to think the Dirty Thoughts and made me do Bad Things. I have poor impulse control. Still, I know what sort of trouble I could (and did) get into on the SV, and that's nothing compared to a modern 'Busa, R1, GSXR... you get my point.

I'm a deeply conflicted libertarian on this issue. There is no goddamn point of having a 200HP bike on the street any more than there is owning a Ma Deuce (let alone carrying one around). I would never say they shouldn't be sold, and I understand the idea of stock-bike racing, but... goddamn, there are a lot of fuckwits out there that ought not have that sort of horsepower. Me included.

This obviously presents problems to manufacturers, but tough shit. I'm just encouraged to see more small-bore bikes coming on the market like we've been suggesting for fucking eons. ;)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby xtian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 pm

My 139HP bike doesn't do much more that what I could do hammering a 60hp 600cc around, but there is something hugely satisfying in operating something with an unreasonable amount of power. And I don't think there 's something wrong with my penis. If it was about usable abilities only, we' be riding scooters. then small cars, to stay dry. You can live on water and rice but I'd rather have tequila and burgers any time.
The Motus probably just didn't fill a niche, too expensive for an utilitarian tool and not eccentric enough as a luxury accessory ?
xtian

Postby AZRider » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:04 pm

xtian wrote:My 139HP bike doesn't do much more that what I could do hammering a 60hp 600cc around, but there is something hugely satisfying in operating something with an unreasonable amount of power. And I don't think there 's something wrong with my penis. If it was about usable abilities only, we' be riding scooters. then small cars, to stay dry. You can live on water and rice but I'd rather have tequila and burgers any time.
The Motus probably just didn't fill a niche, too expensive for an utilitarian tool and not eccentric enough as a luxury accessory ?

Yes exactly!

So, when you can have all that fun and power under US$20K, what does $40k have to provide to make it worth the extra? Does going from 139HP to 180HP feel $20,000 better? Does the Ohlins suspension feel $20,000 better? Do the Brembo Monoblocs brake $20,000 harder?* Sargent seat and Heli bars $20,000 more comfortable? Even if you combine all of those benefits, are they worth $20,000 more than a lot of pretty damn good bikes that were already more than you can use to their fullest on the street?

Nothing needs to be wrong with one's genitals nor does one have to prefer monastic self-deprivation to say "This $16k, 140HPbike (and five other similar-price, similar-performance bikes from other brands) is a shit-ton of fun, and I rarely if ever get to run it WFO for more than a few seconds at a time. Nor do I get to drag appendages around corners very often. It's not holding me back from having all the fun I'm capable of having on a bike. So I don't see where I'm going to get $24,000 MORE fun out of a bike that's bigger, better, faster, more."

*Maybe yes if you've just rounded a blind turn at 3x the posted speed limit and find there's a telephone repair truck parked blocking your lane while they repair overhead wires, and a car coming at you in the other lane. Maybe then the amazing abilities of the Motus are worth $40,000.
I'm not sure.
But I do know that my hospital bill was zero for the lapse in judgement that had me entering a blind curve on a rural road, at 3x the posted limit, in the rain, on a motorcycle I'd never ridden before, that costs barely less than my gross pre-tax income last year. Because on the Motus it wasn't actually a lapse in judgement that exceeded the bike's abilities to handle. Two firm fingers of brake, haul down to a reasonable speed while the oncoming traffic goes by, and zing around the construction like you meant to do it that way all along. Be back up to 3x the limit in under 30 meters and keep behaving badly. Zero consequences.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn
AZRider

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby xtian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:17 pm

I appreciate how you make a $20.000 140hp bike sound like the reasonable option compared to the $1500 60hp bike.
xtian

Postby AZRider » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:56 pm

It’s easy when it’s hypothetical someone else’s money ;p
AZRider

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Jaeger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm

I've been remiss on this thread for a while, and this thing just caught my eye. I like the color. :D

Here's some real "pr0n":

LINK

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby AZRider » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:23 pm

I love the tank, and I respect how they made it super clean after of the engine. The finishes are beautiful.
AZRider

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

Postby Jaeger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:54 am

"THE ARCHDUKE: ANALOG BUILDS THE ULTIMATE KTM SUPER DUKE"

LOTS MORE AT BIKEEXIF

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby DerGolgo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 pm

"Archduke"
that's both obvious and unexpected and, hence, delightful!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby DerGolgo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am

phpBB [media]

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby Jaeger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 pm

OK, this one is just odd. Interesting, but odd.

Extreme Engineering: The mindboggling Watkins M001

I gather that front suspension works but... that looks like it would be weird to ride.

LINK TO MORE PIX AND STORY AT BIKE EXIF

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby problemaddict » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 pm

^ THAT IS MADNESS. I love it!!

Just saw this today. Can you tell me what this is?

Vintage gixxer, duh!

...but wait, those forks, the frame... somethings ...off.

Its a Hayabusa!! With custom slabby gixxer bodywork. Pretty fucking awesome.

More here, (Google translate button upper right) https://rocket-garage.blogspot.com/2018 ... abusa.html
problemaddict

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby Bo_9 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:27 pm

problemaddict wrote:Just saw this today. Can you tell me what this is?

WANT!!!!!!

Okay seriously, there are several 'lightly used', 'garage worn' 'busas on craigs around here. This can't be 'that' hard to do...
Those old plastics surely have gobs of space comparatively...
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Postby problemaddict » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:14 am

Yeah, right?! I don't know if they just adapted stock bodywork with custom mounts, but here's the parts:
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suz ... .htm#price
problemaddict

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby Bo_9 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:51 am

Article says it's "a different tank" and I'm assuming it is massaged to fit. My guess is they just refit the body work and modified a tank that was close to fit.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Postby DerGolgo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 am

I found this here on the book of faces.

Whence it is captions:
On the Facebook, Seth Rosko wrote:Display chassis for the MV boxer prototype...

30729502_10155627458703741_3924631554764046336_o.jpg

30714228_10155627458683741_3438368848003203072_o.jpg

30728302_10155627458693741_2286565112930107392_o.jpg

I have inquired on ye book 'o face what manner of motor this is.
The only four-banger flat-fours 'cycle mills I can think of would be the Honda Goldwing. Which, to my knowledge, in its fourbanger incarnations, only ever had the single overhead cam.
I fully expect to be embarrassed as to my ignorance in short order, and I'm quite ready for it, so let me have it. What mill might that be?
Only DOHC, liquid-cooled quadropeds that come to mind would be in the cages of clan Subaru.

EDIT:
Dangit, could'a sworn I had saved the edit I made.
As xTian also pointed out below, this is indeed an MV motor. A 500cc boxer, created in the 1970s, to lure Ago back home.
This bike is not unobtanium. It what a piece of unobtanium, could it speak, would describe as unobtanium.
https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/news ... our#page-2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger Alternative

Postby xtian » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am

xtian

Postby problemaddict » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Icon, banging out another awesome custom. This was once a kawi Vulcan 650.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
problemaddict

BANNER!:
US Pennsylvania

Postby Jaeger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 pm

problemaddict wrote:Icon, banging out another awesome custom. This was once a kawi Vulcan 650.

That's cool, but there's very little of that Vulcan left save the engine. Did they even keep the frame? It looks pretty heavily hacked.

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby xtian » Thu May 17, 2018 7:30 am

Hello. where is everybody ?

phpBB [media]

http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-r1200-spitf ... s-tw-steel
xtian

Postby Jaeger » Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 am

xtian wrote:Hello. where is everybody ?

phpBB [media]

http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-r1200-spitf ... s-tw-steel

Has been quiet but we're still here. ;)

Jeez, think that bike's running a little rich?

--Jaeger

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

BANNER!:
US Virginia

Postby Bigshankhank » Fri May 18, 2018 8:54 am

There are a few of us holdouts who have eschewed the book face and keep lingering on this forum.
As for that BMW, I do not care for it, I like to see engines and springy bits and lines for flowing liquids and smoke and electrons.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

BANNER!:
US Florida

Postby AZRider » Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm

BMW powered "Spitfire" rubs me as wrong as Mitsubishi powered "Corsair."
AZRider

BANNER!:
Jolly Roger

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Rides