STIRRING SHIT AND SHARING INFO

Articles, Commentary and Discussion about politics.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

STIRRING SHIT AND SHARING INFO

Post by Jaeger » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:39 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Re: STIRRING SHIT AND SHARING INFO

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:28 am

I'm concerned about what it says on that page.
Creative Commons copyright on original material
Any legal eagle with a quarter of a brain will rip that up. Creative Commons licenses come in many different flavors, and afaik, and based on what I just looked up, there is none that's just called "Creative Commons".
I'm sure she probably meant CC0, that is basically public domain (free use, reuse, modification, commercial use, no attribution necessary).

But unless the type of CC license is specified, well, it's not a CC license. Next most basic variety is CC BY, which means you can do anything you want with it, just like CC0, you just have to name the original author ("attribution").

If I had published that, I'd have gone with CC-BY-ND, that is free to share on, with attribution, but no derivative works. That is, people would not be free to modify it. Which would be sorta crucial.

I've emailed her, I hope. The address with the WHOIS query is all I could find, I hope she gets it.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Re: STIRRING SHIT AND SHARING INFO

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:09 am

I read this article over the weekend and just about fell in love with the daughter. She gets the concept of anarchy better than most and actually lives by it, and for I offer a tip 'o the hat.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.