Ongoing Feature: Our MC-related dreams

Articles, Essays, Reviews, Road Diaries, and your chance go Gonzo with your own weekly column. Be sure to read the FAQ before posting an article.
xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Re: Ongoing Feature: Our MC-related dreams

Post by xtian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:46 pm

throwing a leg over my ducati hypermotard when a couple of old guys show up on a K75 pointing at my ducati "those always end up covered in shit " (in english) and I go "mine already has".
Then he tries to open the gas cap to see if it's a storage place. I tell him to stop and I don't need storage place, because I used to have a 3 cases explorer.

Red, I think we both need to ride more. you especially.

I'm not really from around here.

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 am

xtian wrote:Red, I think we both need to ride more. you especially.
Considering I'm not riding at all, I couldn't ride less!
Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Rat Bike

xtian

Post by xtian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:53 am

I know !
also I don't actually have a ducati, I just don't ride my triumph as much as I should because most of my rides are work related and rainy and boring but at least I get to ride.

red

Post by red » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:58 am

xtian wrote:I know !
also I don't actually have a ducati, I just don't ride my triumph as much as I should because most of my rides are work related and rainy and boring but at least I get to ride.
Since I got a heat pump and air handler instead of a motorcycle, I'm thinking about putting some Ducati stickers on it. I can pretend I have a $10k Ducati.

red

Post by red » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 am

It's a warm autumn day, I'm on the downtown strip of a small tourist trap in southern Indiana, sitting at a red light. The crowds of leaf lookers are minimal but people are bustling around the streets. Lots of motorcycles are parked along the left side of the road, mostly Harleys but some other odd things mixed in. I see a cafe full of MC members drinking and attracting the attention of the local authorities. I look down at my bike, starting to realize that I'm not sure how I got here or what I'm even riding.

Between my legs is the wee beast, a TW200 with some farkles. The light turns green, I twist the throttle and turn to head out of town on one of the many twisty roads. The little engine is thumping away and I'm enjoying the view of the leaves that make the hillside look like it's on fire. The TWs knobbies are growling through the turns, the road is smooth and all is well.

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Sounds nice.
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Two nights in a row now.

The first, the E-ral, being careful to not overtorque the stock drivel one, carefully, silently up to speed, only the sound of tires on pavement. I took it off road, heading for a hill that might be jump if I goose it. I feel weightless, the front tire has nothing under it, I wake.

Last night, I thumb the starter, there's a short electric whir, immediately drowned out by the sustained mortar fire of a vtwin, like there's never been 3 years on the shelf. She quickly calmed to a steady rumble. I remember feeling shocked that she was running at all. Having to calm myself to not slap the kill switch, letting her heat up for a break in cycle, feeling the heat on the motor with the palm of my hand, smelling the warmth, new seals heating up, feeling accomplished that she had finished this cycle, turning her off to cool, walking out of the garage.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

red

Post by red » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 am

Last night....

I rode to Do0M! but during the trip, the line up of riders with me kept fluctuating between UTMC, friends and co-workers. The roads were hot, dry and cut through a bleak and abandoned landscape. The "ride" there was nothing more than chaotic images, the feeling of high speed and wind.

Eventually, I arrived at the Portal, alone but the place was packed! It was less the CrossKeys and more a convention center. Wrenches were being turned, drinks (and other things) being consumed. ProblemAddict had started a hilarious webcomic that was getting published in a local paper. There was a big bonfire outside and camping. MATPOC was giving some sort of lecture in a class room.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 am

red wrote:Last night....

I rode to Do0M! but during the trip, the line up of riders with me kept fluctuating between UTMC, friends and co-workers. The roads were hot, dry and cut through a bleak and abandoned landscape. The "ride" there was nothing more than chaotic images, the feeling of high speed and wind.

Eventually, I arrived at the Portal, alone but the place was packed! It was less the CrossKeys and more a convention center. Wrenches were being turned, drinks (and other things) being consumed. ProblemAddict had started a hilarious webcomic that was getting published in a local paper. There was a big bonfire outside and camping. MATPOC was giving some sort of lecture in a class room.
PROPHECY! :shock:

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red

Post by red » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 am

Jaeger wrote:
PROPHECY! :shock:

--Jaeger

I hope it's the only dream I've had lately that would come true.

red

Post by red » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm

So, was there a lecture by MATPOC? PA start a new life as an illustrator? Was there at least a bonfire at the CrossKeys? There totally should be, there's plenty of room down behind the building. Or may next year, we take over the building to the North East and turn it into the DooM Command Ctr!

This one:

well shit. the board won't let me upload the pic due to: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." DG, I think the tape drive is full.

Anyway, it's the building that says CARS on the front, used to have a big chain link fence around the back section.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:50 pm

red wrote:So, was there... ?
There were relatively few shenanigans. In fact, I think everyone was pretty well-behaved... that's the problem with getting old. I wasn't the only one saying "ah, fuggit, I'm tired and going to bed." :shock:

There are a lot more gray hairs in the group than there were when we started this. ;P

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red

Post by red » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda sad I missed the shenanigans of the past but kinda not.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Here is something I typed out after a long sleep in the hospital long ago waiting for my father to pass. It has hung out in my hotmail for several years. There is another as well that will find its way here when I find it.

The city was a whole new experience. Open, narrow, vacant roads were a predominant feature of my normal landscape. The place I seldom ventured from. Where I found the limits of my own speed and faith. Where I actually found nothing. Everything a person need to know about themselves can be found in a city at rush hour. Not a city like the one I live in, a proper city. A city with interstates, interchanges, multiple lanes, on-ramps, barriers, delivery trucks, and tens of thousands of the self-proclaimed most important people on the face of the earth. The road widens, this is where it begins. Two lanes become four and the cross-traffic is gone, replaced with ramps and overpasses. Now we get to play "merge". Trouble is not everyone plays with the same rules. Some use mirrors and signals, some don't. Some match speed with traffic, some don't. The randomness is where the danger lurks, and everything is random. First instinct is FASTER! Then I can leave these idiots back there. Meanwhile the idiots get thicker, lanes multiply and speeds begin to vary wildly. Still speed is the answer. So it's faster, to the inside lanes where the fastest rule. But they don't, it's a droning crawl to soccer practice with a few over aggressive sporty cars in their midst trying to vent the days frustrations by getting to the front. But there is no front. There is only behind. No matter how many mini-vans you pass there is always another. Faster though, still. So you can get to the next obstacle, the next conquest. It becomes a game. Darting between merging cars, speeding past trailers and finding the next thing to pass, the next object to cast with disdain into your wake. Until you are changing lane every few seconds at double the posted limit and there is a break in traffic. Just for a second. Looking around it is all concrete and steel. An ocean of two ton sharks wanting nothing more than to rip you to sheds and crush you. So the game changes. Maybe if I blend in they won't notice that I'm not a shark. Perhaps it will not occur to them that the slightest little nudge could destroy me. But maybe they already know. They just really don't care. So there is no place for blending in. Have to be like a barracuda, waiting in the unseen spaces ready to strike at any opening the instant it appears. Now speed is no longer the answer, it was quickness all along. Reading traffic is the new game. Find the opening. That one’s head just turned, they are going to move that direction. Now to fill the vacuum they left. So it goes on for seemingly hours, but was really about forty minutes and now there is the exit. Down the ramp and it's a whole new landscape. traffic lights and parking lots. Only getting to move a block maybe two before halting again. Clutch hand aches from overwork. That hydraulic clutch doesn't seem so much an overpriced luxury now. There is no air here, no breeze, nothing but heat. Stop. Go. Repeat. Finally the destination. Sweating and drenched the conditioned air hits, it's cold and oddly calming. Now for business, but there is the tug of anticipation for the trip back through the city’s ocean of cars on the way home.

<sledit>Fuck Cancer</sledit>
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."

xtian

Post by xtian » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 am

that's brilliant.

red

Post by red » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:44 am

red wrote:So, was there a lecture by MATPOC? PA start a new life as an illustrator? Was there at least a bonfire at the CrossKeys? There totally should be, there's plenty of room down behind the building. Or may next year, we take over the building to the North East and turn it into the DooM Command Ctr!

This one:

well shit. the board won't let me upload the pic due to: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." DG, I think the tape drive is full.

Anyway, it's the building that says CARS on the front, used to have a big chain link fence around the back section.

This is the building:
CmdCtr.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

red

Post by red » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:30 am

I've been sick with the plague since Thursday so I've been having very terrible dreams lately.

Last night, I had a dream that the X-Keys was closing. The hotel portion was already torn down and most of the restaurant was gone. Only a small portion remained, selling random t-shirts and things from the Motor Inn, like plates and etc. My wife and I were driving by when I noticed and I screamed, "STOP THE CAR!" and ran to the crumbling remains. I asked what happened and why it was being demolished, an older lady replied, "Sorry hun, that's just how it worked out.". Then she handed me some paper plates w/the Bombs n Bars logo and random wedding junk from a party.

red

Post by red » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:54 am

Night before last...

No lead in, just boom.

I'm in a tavern of some sorts. It's dark and noisy inside but early morning outside. I'm talking to some older riders and my boss about how I should already be on the road and I have a lot of miles to cover. I don't recall where I was headed but it was far away and important that I get there. I start to tell my boss about how I'm normally packed and ready to go days before but today, my luggage isn't even secured nor packed. A young lady walks over and asks if we need anything. I realize one of the older guys is rench and this young lady is his daughter and this is her tavern. We're gearing up for the ride to Ragnarok. A little girl walks in who looks just like my oldest when she was 4. She either doesn't know me or doesn't see me and proceeds to tell rench's daughter about her dog dying. They go outside together to talk. While working on my luggage, I'm trying to understand what's going on but wake up shortly after that.

xtian

Post by xtian » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:36 pm

not related but earlier tonight, i pause tv and asked my GF "did you show me donuts the other day and told me you bought them especially for me ? because I do not remember eating any" and she blank stared at me and there was this twin peaks season 3 moment that lasted forever. turned out I dreamed she bought me donuts.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:54 am

I guess not specifically motorcycle related but still cyling: I dreamt the other night that I was being chased by a Peloton spin class. Like a gaggle of 8-10 people on stationary bikes but somehow mobile, all shouting PELOTON at one another while they chased me.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

red

Post by red » Fri May 29, 2020 7:59 am

The dream starts with me pushing my Hurricane out of some sort of maintenance stall, inside an underground parking structure. Bundles of wires and pipes running all over like we're inside a giant robotic beast. There's another person here, watching me wheel it out. It has a huge vintage full frontal fairing, made from thin white fiberglass. It's broken in many places and loosely hanging on. "You outta just tear that damn thing off.", says the bystander. So, that's what I do. We grab and rip it off, revealing my bike underneath. But it's different, smaller, stream-lined and more modern.

The moment of truth arrives and I thumb the start switch. The engine roars to life, idle screaming, so we dial it back. I climb on board for a test ride, it's essentially a race bike, no lights, signals or plate. I roll on the throttle and release the clutch. The power is less than anticipated but still there; winding it out, I rip down a side street. Everything feels fluid and intuitive; like I'm one with the bike. A few turns later, off to my right, I see an old drainage tunnel, probably 10 ft in diameter, that goes into a hillside and then under ground. I know it's used for a walking path and has no water in it. So, I turn in and open the throttle. The pipes music echoing off the walls causing people ahead to hug against the curved sides. Up ahead, I see the tunnel changes to a drastic uphill climb. Downshift. Twist the throttle, almost WFO. Leaning forward, I feel the momentum start to decrease. Almost to the top, stay steady on the gas.

Just as I cross the peak, I wake up. The sound of the pipes and the feel of the engine still reverberating through me.