I have a confession....

Articles, Essays, Reviews, Road Diaries, and your chance go Gonzo with your own weekly column. Be sure to read the FAQ before posting an article.
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

I have a confession....

Post by Bo_9 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Hello, my name is Bo_9 and I have not ridden a motorcycle in over a year.

I own eight motorcycles, which currently languish in a building purpose-build for their care and feeding.
It seems that I have lost my will to do...
...anything.
It may be mid-life, it may be the culmination of years of dissatisfaction with an unfulfilling career and a disjointed grip on the realities of family life. Of maybe I just need a big Kawasaki to become the asshole I was truly meant to be. Regardless I shall document here the resurrection of my motorcyle-dom.
We will be repairing and restoring '70s Honda CB's. we will be de-mothballing a KTM 640A and hopefully shopping for some odd Ducati to bring into the fold.

More news as events warrant...

When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: I have a confession....

Post by Jaeger » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:49 am

Bo_9 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:52 pm
Hello, my name is Bo_9 and I have not ridden a motorcycle in over a year. ...
I own eight motorcycles, which currently languish in a building purpose-build for their care and feeding.
It seems that I have lost my will to do... ...anything.
It may be mid-life, it may be the culmination of years of dissatisfaction with an unfulfilling career and a disjointed grip on the realities of family life. ...
It ain't just you, man. Admittedly, my only outlet has been the couple of hours I find on the weekend to buzz around NoVA and blow off steam, but in general yeah, my interest in doing most things is shot. Same is true for most folks I talk to.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 am

Bo_9 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:52 pm
It seems that I have lost my will to do...
...anything.
I know the feeling.
Can't really recommend any course of action to remedy it. Messin' about with bikes, though, sounds like a good start.
Keep us updated!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 am

repairing and restoring a 70's honda sounds to me like the best way to never get back to riding again. maybe you need an intervention. :mrgreen:
I'm not really from around here.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

Post by Bo_9 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:03 pm

My only outlet for stress due to insane work hours has been a couple 20 minute game on xbox shooting people in the face. Going to hopefully move that into a couple hours with the teens fixing scoots. Will be well invested time if it works out.
Also planning to build a BMW 3.0L engine for turbo induction to toss in my wagon this winter. So many plans, but nothing concrete.
I need to get back on only a couple wheels. There is a clarity to ending the day by risking your meager life on the way home.
When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."