I have a confession....

Articles, Essays, Reviews, Road Diaries, and your chance go Gonzo with your own weekly column. Be sure to read the FAQ before posting an article.
Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem
Location: Filthy little worn-out, broken down, see through soul.

I have a confession....

Post by Bo_9 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Hello, my name is Bo_9 and I have not ridden a motorcycle in over a year.

I own eight motorcycles, which currently languish in a building purpose-build for their care and feeding.
It seems that I have lost my will to do...
...anything.
It may be mid-life, it may be the culmination of years of dissatisfaction with an unfulfilling career and a disjointed grip on the realities of family life. Of maybe I just need a big Kawasaki to become the asshole I was truly meant to be. Regardless I shall document here the resurrection of my motorcyle-dom.
We will be repairing and restoring '70s Honda CB's. we will be de-mothballing a KTM 640A and hopefully shopping for some odd Ducati to bring into the fold.

More news as events warrant...

When an old man dies a library burns...

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"I feel like i'm in "my little pony" HELL!!!!" -Goose
"Well, he never ever smiled, but he always seemed pleased."
"Just one bad day..."

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: I have a confession....

Post by Jaeger » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:49 am

Bo_9 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:52 pm
Hello, my name is Bo_9 and I have not ridden a motorcycle in over a year. ...
I own eight motorcycles, which currently languish in a building purpose-build for their care and feeding.
It seems that I have lost my will to do... ...anything.
It may be mid-life, it may be the culmination of years of dissatisfaction with an unfulfilling career and a disjointed grip on the realities of family life. ...
It ain't just you, man. Admittedly, my only outlet has been the couple of hours I find on the weekend to buzz around NoVA and blow off steam, but in general yeah, my interest in doing most things is shot. Same is true for most folks I talk to.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 am

Bo_9 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:52 pm
It seems that I have lost my will to do...
...anything.
I know the feeling.
Can't really recommend any course of action to remedy it. Messin' about with bikes, though, sounds like a good start.
Keep us updated!
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 am

repairing and restoring a 70's honda sounds to me like the best way to never get back to riding again. maybe you need an intervention. :mrgreen:
I'm not really from around here.

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Bo_9 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:03 pm

My only outlet for stress due to insane work hours has been a couple 20 minute game on xbox shooting people in the face. Going to hopefully move that into a couple hours with the teens fixing scoots. Will be well invested time if it works out.
Also planning to build a BMW 3.0L engine for turbo induction to toss in my wagon this winter. So many plans, but nothing concrete.
I need to get back on only a couple wheels. There is a clarity to ending the day by risking your meager life on the way home.

"Every accident involving machinery begins with a single defect. Never forget that defect can be between your ears." - E.J. Potter
"Just one bad day..."

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Bo_9 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:07 am

Started digging out the KTM. Forks leaking all over the floor so I get to learn how to do that.
Have to put front control arms, tie rod ends, and brakes on the wagon first.

Side note, anyone know anyplace other than Omar's to get a Long Cafe Seat for a 70's CB 450 that will work without cutting the frame for a loop?
We are also going to need some scrambler pipes for a 70's CB 450 (unrelated to the above). How many old cb450's is "too many"?

"Just one bad day..."

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Bo_9 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:47 pm

So there is a house full of stuff filling a full half of my shop. I'm now forced to re-arrange things to get one car in a 30x50 shop with enough room around it to move a jack around and stuff. Control arms are to the dangerous point on the wagon so it must be done.

"Just one bad day..."

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:18 pm

Bo_9 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:47 pm
So there is a house full of stuff filling a full half of my shop. I'm now forced to re-arrange things to get one car in a 30x50 shop with enough room around it to move a jack around and stuff. Control arms are to the dangerous point on the wagon so it must be done.
Using the garage as a dump while you're fixing house?

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Bo_9
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Bo_9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:57 am

Nah, we moved, downsized, then sold the other house but apparently did not plan to get rid of any of the now too much stuff. Sad that I have allowed this to happen.

"Just one bad day..."