SECURITY ADVISORY!
On 2020/11/18, suspicions were expressed that there had been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.

As of April 14, 2021, no further breach or news thereof has become apparent. This message just looks different because anyone who was gonna read the whole thing presumably did by now.

Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details, and for how to change your password.
Click Here

Gimp Club

Articles, Essays, Reviews, Road Diaries, and your chance go Gonzo with your own weekly column. Be sure to read the FAQ before posting an article.
0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Re: Gimp Club

Post by 0l4fderstout » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:14 am

Take a picture, I think I have something other.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:29 am

0l4fderstout wrote:Take a picture, I think I have something other.
Here are some shitty cell pix before I forget to respond: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KAyRR5YgGysoArMfA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Sorry, I haven't figured out how to direct link images from Google yet. Mea culpa.)

I'm thinking about these, but they're fucking expensive! https://traskperformance.com/product/in ... ndle-bars/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've found them for a bit less elsewhere, but it's still close to $300 -- which seems to be the going price for fitted bars for this bike. Hrm. :/

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 am

I get inordinately concerned when I see new posts in this thread.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 am

Found out a fun fact the other day related to my big crash of '06. My left (broken) leg is 12mm shorter than my right! So that's why its been hurting so much the last year, and why I now get to wear an insert in one shoe. Good times.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 am

Oh, yeah, the old "one leg longer than the other", what fun. I'm there myself.
Technically, my legs are the same length, or as close to the same length as they have ever been. But my fucked up pelvis is tilted at a jaunty angle, so a few mm difference are how it comes out.

I have the impression that my reptile hind-brain thinks this is the result of standing only on my left leg for a few months, after the last hip surgery. When I stand around, for some reason, standing on the shorter leg is instinctive. I have to make a conscious effort to use the longer leg. You have that, too, Hank?
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:49 pm

My right leg is slightly shorter too, tho it's probably the result of genetics / growth fuckery (had knee issues as a kid).

Curiously, now that it's my good leg after surgery... I'm not sure which I favor.

I have recently been trying to un-fuck my posture, so I'll pay more attention to that too. :D

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:24 am

DerGolgo wrote:Oh, yeah, the old "one leg longer than the other", what fun. I'm there myself.
Technically, my legs are the same length, or as close to the same length as they have ever been. But my fucked up pelvis is tilted at a jaunty angle, so a few mm difference are how it comes out.

I have the impression that my reptile hind-brain thinks this is the result of standing only on my left leg for a few months, after the last hip surgery. When I stand around, for some reason, standing on the shorter leg is instinctive. I have to make a conscious effort to use the longer leg. You have that, too, Hank?
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:44 am

I definitely favor my right leg. I can stand and will have to consciously balance my weight between both legs, but when I walk my right foot comes down smoothly and my left kind of "bangs" in to the ground. It feels like a limp to me, but my wife says she doesn't see any difference in my gait. Regardless, it is definitely different.
-Davros

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 am

Bigshankhank wrote:I get inordinately concerned when I see new posts in this thread.
And then you necropost. Dude. Glad it was a minor discovery vs a new induction.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 pm

0l4fderstout wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:I get inordinately concerned when I see new posts in this thread.
And then you necropost. Dude. Glad it was a minor discovery vs a new induction.
I kept it under a year between posts, its all good.
-Davros

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:32 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 am
You have that, too, Hank?
they seem to have evened out since this was the opposite leg I broke in 97

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:24 pm

So I've been back in Gimp Club for a bit now. I was at a customer's house and their shitty ladder, and lack of ladder holding skill rattled my brain AGAIN (First go with this was 2015) and I am back to post concussion syndrome. I haven't rode all fucking summer, and I missed the two big rides I had planned. I'm a bit pissed. So I'm not driving and in OT/PT and just pissed.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:43 am

0l4fderstout wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:24 pm
I was at a customer's house and their shitty ladder, and lack of ladder holding skill rattled my brain AGAIN
Damn. :cry:
Please do recover!

Also, is that shit customer at least on the hook for damages?

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:02 am

There is a reason we have been steering away from ladders in commercial construction for the last decade or so. More accidents happen on ladders than just about anywhere else. Personally I hate them but around the house they are a necessity.
Good luck Olaf, I hope you get back on your feet asap.
-Davros

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:56 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:43 am
Damn. :cry:
Please do recover!

Also, is that shit customer at least on the hook for damages?
Worker's Comp is on the hook at the moment. My employer tried to not report it to comp, we declined that option.

(This is interesting because my Disability Discrimination Case has hit my employer while I've been out, I suspect ill be going back and getting fired in short order for something small.)

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:02 am
There is a reason we have been steering away from ladders in commercial construction for the last decade or so. More accidents happen on ladders than just about anywhere else. Personally I hate them but around the house they are a necessity.
Good luck Olaf, I hope you get back on your feet asap.
Yeah next time I am just going to give him the bad news about using my truck ladder and driving two anchors into his epoxied concrete floor and fuck his feelings.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 am

0l4fderstout wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:56 am
(This is interesting because my Disability Discrimination Case has hit my employer while I've been out, I suspect ill be going back and getting fired in short order for something small.)
Fuckdammit.
Is there any legal recourse, something about frivolous alibis for firing a disabled person?
If not to keep the job, something that would make your employer enough of a headache to convince him he should pay you generous severance and give you a glowing recommendation?
0l4fderstout wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 am
Yeah next time I am just going to give him the bad news about using my truck ladder and driving two anchors into his epoxied concrete floor and fuck his feelings.
Photos, please!