The Sires of Sir Reginald Hargreeves

La geek forumo - Y fforwm geek - Otakufōramu.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

The Sires of Sir Reginald Hargreeves

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:03 pm

If there is a thread on the Umbrella Academy, I cannot find it.
Lest one think I am behind the times, I watched the first season way back in 2018 (or maybe it was 2017? 2019? All so long ago.....) when it was new and loved the shit out of it. Decided once I finished bingeing the Project Binky series that I would stream UA again and again, fucking blown away. So common stupid decisions that detract from the otherwise fantastic storytelling, but overall just outstanding, looking forward to Season 2 supposedly coming in July.

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Re: The Sires of Sir Reginald Hargreeves

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:09 am

I think there may be one, or a thread in which multiple sci-fi shows were discussed, and this may have come up.

Yeah, season one was bloody brilliant. In the final episode, it almost came crashing down when I thought they were going for a really fucking annoying trope regarding the finale. But they didn't.
I'm seriously looking forward to season 2. It's not really like they are done worldbuilding, and will just tell the next story, but no new madness (which was what, for me, made season 2 of Altered Carbon merely engrossing, but not so amazing as season one). They are specifically not done worldbuilding, they fucking blew up the world, didn't they.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 am

Season 2 was fabulous. Have all 3 graphic novels encased in gift wrap to present to my wife when her birth anniversary approaches, and after she is done with them I fully intend to devour them all.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:37 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 am
Season 2 was fabulous.
Indeed. I had been concerned it might not be, like oh so many second seasons have been.
Now I'm worried whether season 3 can stand up after not just one but two stellar seasons.
Spoiler
Show
Although I'm not sure how, in the few days between the exploding hospital/Kennedy assassination scenario and the Soviet invasion, they all got into matching leather outfits to fight the Cuban (?) tanks in the streets of Dallas.

Doesn't matter. Great show. Stellar effort.
Let's hope that in season 3, it's not gonna be her fault again. She deserves a break.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.