Update, 2020/12/01
Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details.

SECURITY ADVISORY!
Today, 2020/11/18, suspicions have been expressed that there has been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.
While the facts behind those suspicions have not yet been established, your Administerrerr is treating them as credible. He is looking into this. He will try and beef up security.
Even if you did so only recently:
Please change your password!
Please click here, or use the menu ( button) to navigate to the the User Control Panel, therein to the Profile Tab, and there click Edit Account Settings. You should get it from there on.
For a safe password that will resist brute-force attempts (which we have been subject to in the past), please use upper and lower case letters, AND numerals, AND symbols, and make it as long as you feel feasible. 16 characters seems to be recommended these days.
DO NOT use a password you also use elsewhere.
While your Administerrerr tries to keep this place safe. Get real. Security here is mostly by obscurity, that is, no one serious enough to crack us like a rotten egg is likely to even bother. But if one does, you don't want the safety of your email of facebook or whatever to depend on one mostly blind, mostly clueless autodidact who can't work at this more than a few hours at a time, if that much.

If you used a password here that you also used elsewhere, you must set a new password there, also!
A different password, this time. If someone did breach us, the first thing they are likely to do with your login credentials is to try them out elsewhere. Login credentials compromised here are compromised everywhere else, also. If you did reuse a password, but with a different email, your administerrerrerr strongly urges you NOT rely on that different email keeping you safe. This whole thing runs on a database. That means your half-blind administerrerrerr can operate a database. Do you honestly think identity thieves, and those who sell them passwords by the ten-thousands, won't?
If you get an error message about an invalid form, click here.
Show
Every form you can debauch is on a time limit. Even if you feel you've been reasonably quick, some browsers seem to think otherwise.
Recommendation: type your password in something like a text editor or word processor, highlight (making sure not to highlight any leading or trailing spaces), copy, then reload the account settings page, paste, paste, debauch, and be all quick about it. Like Dan said, back in the when. Be like the housefly, and see the events of the world unfold in liquid slowness, or something to that effect.
If you cannot reset a forgotten password, click here.
Show
The "I forgot my password" function has been buggy for a while, I apologize. I will look into that, also, over the next few days.
UPDATE: I have looked into this. I think it should work now, but I can't test it all with my admin accounts. Anyone who tries it, please do let me know whether it works or not.
You yourself, meanwhile, might look into your SPAM folder. I know, I know, but humor me, please.
Also, if you have been around for a bit, try and remember whether the email you entered there was also the email you registered with back in the when. I'm sure the email addresses associated to some user-accounts are still hotmail.
If none of that solves your confound, hit me through the contact form, or grab me via dm on the Facebooks, or if none of that works, speak up in the Midget Circus. I will look out for you there, but I can't guarantee nothing.

The Expanse

La geek forumo - Y fforwm geek - Otakufōramu.
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Re: The Expanse

Post by red » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:34 pm

Just finished. Wow.
Spoiler
Show
PXL_20201105_031900411_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-