Harry Motherfucking Potter

La geek forumo - Y fforwm geek - Otakufōramu.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Harry Motherfucking Potter

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:52 am

OK, I'll admit it I am a fan of the Potter'verse. I have read the novels all the way through on four separate occasions, and seen the movies repeatedly (thanks to ABCFamily/Freeform). This past weekend my wife and I met up with our daughter (and even convinced my cousin to step out a meet us for a drink) in ATL to take part in a Potter Pub Crawl, in costume.
Group
Daughter
Wife
Me (wife some rando drunk chick)
Bonus points to anyone who can identify who each of us are portraying.

Don't hate.

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: Harry Motherfucking Potter

Post by Jaeger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:...
Bonus points to anyone who can identify who each of us are portraying.

Don't hate.
Aren't you a little too short 'n' stout for Snape? Pretty goddamn good, tho, man!

(Fuck you and your fucking full head of hair... )

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:24 am

Daughter is Dolores Umbridge, though the plate should have been a kitten rather than a puppy <wink>

Wife is Sybill Trelawney, who was the original person who spoke the prophecy in the first place.

You were Snape

Your cousin was Luna Lovegood wearing her Roaring Lion hat she made to support Gryffindor during the Quidditch Match.

And yes, I remembered all of that off the top of my head.

Well played sir, well played.
Sanity has left the building

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:39 am

wyckedsin wrote:Daughter is Dolores Umbridge, though the plate should have been a kitten rather than a puppy <wink>
Look closer at the Daily Prophet article that my daughter is holding, it explains that some nefarious student had changed all of her kittens to puppies, thus she was "Barking Orders". Get it? Barking?
Yes my daughter actually wrote out an entire fake newspaper article in magic marker to explain why she basically created her entire costume based around finding an adorable collectible plate with a puppy sitting in a high chair on it. That is commitment, all I did was grow my hair for 18 months.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:43 am

Oh and that is not my cousin, I guess I should have gotten a picture of her since I haven't seen her in three years. Que sera sera, that Luna Lovegood is just some random drunk chick we happened upon, I was just impressed with her outfit. 95% of the people there in costume were just typical Hogwarts students, black sweater with a scarf or necktie, a bunch of them with frizzy hair or a scar on their forehead. No real effort there. However the best costumes I saw were a brother and sister went as the Carrows, they looked fucking awesome. Again, I was not in charge of the camera so no pictures.
-Davros

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:53 am

I blame the pain med induced 2:45am reply from an Ipad, the Article was a little difficult to read, and I totally missed the fact it was some drunk chic...however, I did guess the character Identities rather well all things considered LOL

Still looks like you had a really fun time. I miss getting to do things like that.
Sanity has left the building