SECURITY ADVISORY!
On 2020/11/18, suspicions were expressed that there had been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.

As of April 14, 2021, no further breach or news thereof has become apparent. This message just looks different because anyone who was gonna read the whole thing presumably did by now.

Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details, and for how to change your password.
Click Here

Putting a Little South in Your Mouth

Heading to Ragnarök? Plan your ride/routes here.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Putting a Little South in Your Mouth

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:18 am

So from Florida this will be pretty simple, go west on I10 or parallel surface highway until the TX/NM/CO corner, then go north. Pretty flat, pretty straight, best we can do this close to the coast. I know there are few Ootmiks down here but I'll throw this out there for any lurkers.

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:42 am

With SunRat off to Germany (still the plan Sunny?) next summer, I'm guessing Texas will be a bust.

Why not come up 45/35, drag Geek kicking and screaming, and join the big purple-veiner passing through KC?

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:58 am

I prefer to be a bit more iconoclastic. Plus you couldn't keep up with me on the slab. Let's see, while I was in class today I plotted out this route (no googlemap skilz, get off my jock)

US19 north to US98 in Perry FL, US98 to Houston TX, HWY290 to Austin TX, US71 to Brady TX, US87 to Tahoka TX, HWY380 to Roswell NM, HWY285 to Buena Vista CO and Denver if necessary.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:00 pm

BTW this route will be modified accordingly if I am working in Pensacola FL when it all kicks off. Plus I have friends in Houston and Austin, and a sister in the ABQ so hopefully I can work in some visitation.
-Davros

erosvamp
Sophisticated Meat Machine

Post by erosvamp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:I prefer to be a bit more iconoclastic. Plus you couldn't keep up with me on the slab. Let's see, while I was in class today I plotted out this route (no googlemap skilz, get off my jock)

US19 north to US98 in Perry FL, US98 to Houston TX, HWY290 to Austin TX, US71 to Brady TX, US87 to Tahoka TX, HWY380 to Roswell NM, HWY285 to Buena Vista CO and Denver if necessary.
Friendly advice: stay away from US-285 from the Texas boarder to Roswell, NM
...Unless you have no sense of smell.
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." -General Eric Shinseki

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:04 am

erosvamp wrote:
Bigshankhank wrote:I prefer to be a bit more iconoclastic. Plus you couldn't keep up with me on the slab. Let's see, while I was in class today I plotted out this route (no googlemap skilz, get off my jock)

Hog farms? No problemo, I used to live in Pasadena TX near the chem plants.
-Davros

erosvamp
Sophisticated Meat Machine

Post by erosvamp » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:
erosvamp wrote:

Hog farms? No problemo, I used to live in Pasadena TX near the chem plants.
Chemical landfill nastiness.
Brave man. :mrgreen:
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." -General Eric Shinseki

Pancake
Asshat Spambot

Post by Pancake » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:08 am

BSH - I am willing to jump on with ya if you are swinging through the DFW area. Ofcourse, my road king will blow up if I hold it steady at 100mph.. that'll pound the crank pin right out of it!
I need a street going bike
'06 Suzuki RMZ-450
'00 Honda Xr650r.. plated. The Big Red Pig.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:48 am

Pancake wrote:BSH - I am willing to jump on with ya if you are swinging through the DFW area. Ofcourse, my road king will blow up if I hold it steady at 100mph.. that'll pound the crank pin right out of it!
Meet me in Austin, I'll probably be staying over a night there with friends. I debated the DFW area but I've been that route to CO before, I want to see something else. As to the speed, since its open highway blacktop and not slab I'll try to keep it under 85.
-Davros

Pancake
Asshat Spambot

Post by Pancake » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:12 am

As it stands, I think I'll jump on with bndfkmf and head up to OKC to meet GG, then up to 70 to meet the Eastern Horde as they make their way across Kans-ass.
I need a street going bike
'06 Suzuki RMZ-450
'00 Honda Xr650r.. plated. The Big Red Pig.

bullfrog
Barista of Doom

Post by bullfrog » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Bigshankhank wrote:HWY380 to Roswell NM
cool. that's kinda in my neighborhood.
R1150GS Hacked, Speed Triple 1050, 450XCW Plated

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 pm

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... "></iframe>

2,159 mi – about 1 day 14 hours

Austin TX, US71 to Brady TX
That's one of my favorite places in the world, but you're tacking on extra miles and hours of saddle time by going through Roswell.

Dig it:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... "></iframe>

1,926 mi – about 1 day 6 hours

It's an epic ride, either way...
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:09 am

guitargeek wrote:
Austin TX, US71 to Brady TX
That's one of my favorite places in the world, but you're tacking on extra miles and hours of saddle time by going through Roswell.
There's no such thing as "extra" miles, all the miles on my bike now and in the future are fully intended and desired. Like when someone asks if you have an "extra" cigarette, if the pack you bought contains 20, and you smoke 2 leaving 18 in place, then no, the package does not contain any "extra" ones. Besides, all the times I used to camp out in West TX (Big Bend and such) I never went to Marfa, and though I'll miss it yet again this time I intend to see Roswell if for nothing more than kitsch.
2,159 mi – about 1 day 14 hours
That's what I'm talking about. Don't worry folks, you'll get to meet me eventualy, but I'm flattered by all the invites to join the Eastern horde.
-Davros

Mask
Magnum Jihad

Post by Mask » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Damn, I wish I could make this trip. I'll keep an eye on your thread BSH. You never know, shit changes all the time. Maybe I can make this happen.

Bigshankhank

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Mask wrote:Damn, I wish I could make this trip. I'll keep an eye on your thread BSH. You never know, shit changes all the time. Maybe I can make this happen.
This far out I can't even make any PROMISES, but hey if you end with with that liter bike, no better way to break it in, eh? Not that the SV couldn't be pressed into service.
-Davros

WeAintFoundShit
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by WeAintFoundShit » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Liquorwhere, when I initially read your name I thought it was Liquorwhore. I must admit, I kinda liked it better that way.
"The grip on the right is the fun regulator." -Donny Greene

I crash a lot.