SECURITY ADVISORY!
On 2020/11/18, suspicions were expressed that there had been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.

As of April 14, 2021, no further breach or news thereof has become apparent. This message just looks different because anyone who was gonna read the whole thing presumably did by now.

Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details, and for how to change your password.
Click Here

California Roll Call

Heading to Ragnarök? Plan your ride/routes here.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

California Roll Call

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:17 am

Who's goin?

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 am

I'll jump into the fray in Los Vejas. Or if you guys leave later in the day (or at different times) & want to meet/crash here that'd be fine.
All proceeds go to help cripple children.

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:03 am

I was hoping you'd say that Wheezy.

Thinking of crashing somewhere around the halfway point though. Maybe Salina, UT.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:14 am

yeah, it's a long haul from here straight through. I've ridden to Ft. Collins a lot. By myself, one eat stop, no f'ing around, knowing the gas stops & moving at a good pace it's a 12 hour ride. Salina would be a good choice to overnight. If there's less than 5 of us I can probably get a free condo in Brianhead, which is about 40 minutes off the 15 from Parowan. But 40 minutes up the mountain & 40 minutes back down is probably a waste just to crash & get up to ride again. If it works out that people want to leave early & do a day of sightseeing in Southern Utah/Northern Arizona it'd be a good spot to do that from. Just putting the idea up here for posterity.
All proceeds go to help cripple children.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm in. I'm glad Psycho and wheezy are in--been wanting to meet wheezy.

I don't know any people who could take us in along the way. Just a cousin in Loveland (50 or so miles north of Denver), which obviously is out of the way. But I have no probs with wheezey's Brianhead suggestion. Either way--I'm easy to ride with. Ragnarok's about both the ride and the event, but an epic 12 hour rush would be fine with me as well. Whatever.

Tentatively--we crash at Wheezey's place, then hit the road early a.m?

We should prolly also keep in the back of our minds of figuring out a meetup spot for any NorCal/PNW people coming out, if doable.

Crashing in Salina only makes sense if Psycho and any other socal peeps leave our place in the a.m, and hit up wheezey along the way, and we continue on.

But if we crashed in Vegas then left in the am, Salinas is only 300 miles away.

I'm guessing scenario 1 would be best--only 2 days one night on the road for the socal people, as opposed to 2 1/2 or so days and 2 nights.
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

WeAintFoundShit
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by WeAintFoundShit » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Coming from Cali, but taking the northern route. Probably highway 50, coz I've never done that, and it sounds like a hoot. Also likely driving my truck, with two bikes in the back, and staying on afterwards for a bit.
"The grip on the right is the fun regulator." -Donny Greene

I crash a lot.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 am

Tentatively in. Cash, ride and work all pending factors. Since WFS is going to truck it, I may head south and ride out with you guys if I go.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:39 am

I doubt Tucko is going.

What aboot gsglbc? He's been AWOL for a bit eh?

Scumbag? Or are you leaving from Pacwet?

Our newest member of the SoCal cell Stiles can't make it, he says.

Who else am I forgetting?

Any other NorCal folks coming down this way?
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:02 am

You pretty much got it, psycho. I also doubt obiwancanopy would go--his riding is primarily "limited" to the salt--nothing long distance (unless it's 150 mph on a dry lake), but I'll run it by him.
'74 R90/6--Thor
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 am

Nevadonians and SoCalifornicators, Things have taken an ughly turn for me. To quote me ion another post:
WeAintFoundShit wrote:
Guess what day summer school starts!

Yeah, same day as the Rag.

I bet no one realized that we were all going to be going on the rag on the exact same day.
EXACTLY my problem, Shit. Because of the fucked up budget and the paucity of funding our action figure pro-education governator is allotting our schools, my schoolt recently announced our summer session is gonna be only 6 weeks, not the usual 10. So I have now only those 6 weeks to make my family's entire summer income, not the usuial 10. And with summer session starting 6/21, thre Rag would make it 5 weeks.

I'm extremely disappointed.

I can't make it. Period.

The best I can do is a sendoff ride out out of SoCal with whomewver as far as possible into Utah or wherever, then turn around to be at work on the 21st. I'll need that at least, so I can somehow be there with you all in spirit.

I hate writing this.
'74 R90/6--Thor

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 am

Zer0 wrote: I'm extremely disappointed.

I can't make it. Period.
Balls. :(

Eh, we'll just drink your share of the liquor, fuckin' slacker.

;)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

causef0rconcern
Mzungu Jihad

Post by causef0rconcern » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Hey all...so Maiden just announced their summer dates, and basically, the only way I can see them is if I go to SF for their June 20th show. Would this fit into any of your ride plans? I'm thinking shoot out of Seattle, bolting down for the show, then leaving the morning after.
!!!LESS INTERNET, MORE LIFE!!!!

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

causef0rconcern wrote:Hey all...so Maiden just announced their summer dates, and basically, the only way I can see them is if I go to SF for their June 20th show. Would this fit into any of your ride plans? I'm thinking shoot out of Seattle, bolting down for the show, then leaving the morning after.
I have a trial scheduled for June 21, 2010. This thing has been so over-litigated that everyone involved is pretty leveraged (ie. too much money in so the cards are all on the table). It SHOULD settle (should have done that months ago), but won't until we get to the courthouse steps . . . if at all.

Additionally, I don't know if my arm is up for such a journey. While I have started riding . . . the trips are real short and require little effort. So, making a short answer long . . . if all the stars align and I'm able to do it, I'll ride out with you. Just don't bank on it.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

karl package
Magnum Jihad

Post by karl package » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Reschedule and get a throttle lock.