SECURITY ADVISORY!
On 2020/11/18, suspicions were expressed that there had been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.

As of April 14, 2021, no further breach or news thereof has become apparent. This message just looks different because anyone who was gonna read the whole thing presumably did by now.

Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details, and for how to change your password.
Click Here

Minneapolis -> Buena Vista

Heading to Ragnarök? Plan your ride/routes here.
absent_carlo
Magnum Jihad

Minneapolis -> Buena Vista

Post by absent_carlo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Me and Dougie are cruising down from the Minneapolis fly-over-cell. That means lots of pavement in South South Dakota and Western Wyoming. Any ideas for stops along the way? Definitely the black hills and badlands....anywhere else recommended? Also looking for a good route back...playing it by ear now (which is not a bad way to go).

Full disclosure--PBR #7.

Rench
the Harm in Harmony

Post by Rench » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:34 am

I"m cutting South on the way out, but I'll tag with you on the way back for a bit, anyway. Hunter is now planning on coming with me. My lady seems to think I need a chaperone... :mrgreen:

PM Korpen or Andy_twotimes, they're planning on taking the northern route, too (to my knowledge), if you're in a "more=merrier" mood.

-Rench
"I'm not a schemer..."

"Do you know why it's illegal to put gasoline in a glass container?" - Piccinni

rhinoviper
Toe-Draggin' Speed Monkey

Post by rhinoviper » Mon May 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Considered Devil's Tower? Mt Rushmore/Crazy Horse? What, specifically, are you looking for?
'00 SV650 "Banshee"
'03 Aprilia Tuono "dewey"

the_shy_ember
The gal you'll never match for bravado and fortitude.

Post by the_shy_ember » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:32 pm

90 is pretty good slab, way more interesting than 70 or 80. The downside (and it's a big one) is that you have to go through Wyoming.

Every time I've gone to Colorado, I've come back via 90. It hasn't gotten old yet; I'll prolly do it again unless you chaps are looking for something else on the way home.
<3