SECURITY ADVISORY!
On 2020/11/18, suspicions were expressed that there had been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.

As of April 14, 2021, no further breach or news thereof has become apparent. This message just looks different because anyone who was gonna read the whole thing presumably did by now.

Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details, and for how to change your password.
Click Here

WSBK 2016 Thread

If it happens on the track, this is where it belongs. Also, cheesesticks and perhaps things to do with bacon.
Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

WSBK 2016 Thread

Post by Bigshankhank » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:19 am

So,
Spoiler
Show
Is this going to be Kawasaki's year all over again? Good race 2, missed Race 1 due to a data error on the part of BeIN Sports listing it as "TBA" instead of Motorcycle Racing. It was nice to see Nicky on a competitive bike for a change, he obviously still has the skills though it broke my heart to see him knocked off the podium with just a couple of corners left in the final lap. Looking forward to the rest of the year!

It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Re: WSBK 2016 Thread

Post by xtian » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:50 pm

haven't seen race 2 yet. only a short version of race 1. Nice starter. not much drama but nice close fights during the last few laps and 3 different makes with very close performance so maybe we'll see some fair fights and suspense on SBK ?
I'm not really from around here.

MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Post by MATPOC » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:47 pm

I have seen both SBK races now and WSS
Spoiler
Show
SBK still very much a Johnny show, and I never liked the guy, so that's that.
Ducati making some noises, but still same as last year: slower then Kwacks
Honda looks promising but those Fireblades are older than dirt... c'mon, gimmi V-4!
Yamaha? it does sound good...

WSS was a hoot, best action so far

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:48 am

The new Honda should be there next year only. Speeds at the end of the straight were rather equivalent. Philips Island doesn't allow a lot of passing places, we can still hope for more action when everybody gets accustomed to tyre wear.
I'm not really from around here.

MATPOC
The Unreasonable Ukranian

Post by MATPOC » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:59 am

Ducks had no chance on the straight, even with a draft still loosing ground, as for passing, Lukey Heights is a guaranteed passing spot if you are Italian ;)

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 am

Not much to say about these two races, shame Nicky ended up where he was but for whatever reason he never once appeared on screen once they got off the starting line so without digging into the racing pages I have no idea what was going on with him.
Spoiler
Show
I guess for clarity's sake, I am referring to Race #2, 6th places isn't all bad for Race #01
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.