BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.
Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Re: BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:47 am

This makes me happy.

BikeEXIF wrote: The Quail Gathering is the motorcycle equivalent of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance: a world-class display of rarified exotica and immaculate restorations, plus a few jaw-dropping customs to spice up the mix.

To win an award at The Quail is no easy achievement. But this year, Niki Smart’s incredible Honda XL500-based special won not one, but two trophies: the Custom/Modified category, plus the ‘Design and Style’ award presented by Arch Motorcycles...

MORE PIX AND ARTICLE HERE

--Jaeger

Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:55 am

Jaeger wrote:This makes me happy.
Quite.
This is way prettier than anything with an 80 y.o. suspension layout has any right to be.

...or so I thought!

Upon closer inspection (and, for a change, before posting, so I don't have to jump down the edithole like I usually would).
THAT'S A FLIPPIN MONOSHOCK-SWING?!

And just because it wouldn't be me if I didn't find another thing I wanted to say only after debauchery.

That there is design-talent. It's style and, dare I say it, art.
Yes, yes, I know, making so much effort just for the pretty and to actually hide modern technological features behind antique lines, just for the sake of looks, what a waste, yadda, yadda.
I don't give a fuck. Not a hoot, nor a holler, and certainly not a shit.
The skill to make this. The sheer, brute, armor-piercing, trans-lunar-injection, mad skill. To make that look like it does. Even to just conceive it. And not just to conceive it, but to realize it, the way it was realized here.
Mad props. Long time since a custom bike has made me feel all funny like this does.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm

DerGolgo wrote: ...
The skill to make this. The sheer, brute, armor-piercing, trans-lunar-injection, mad skill. To make that look like it does. Even to just conceive it. And not just to conceive it, but to realize it, the way it was realized here.
Mad props. Long time since a custom bike has made me feel all funny like this does.
Yeah, well said. I've obviously slowed down in my posting on this thread, but damnnation if that didn't warrant it. That thing is HAWT.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

Post by problemaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:56 pm

NSU Quickly - what a funky, cute thing. Of course I like a rat vs. a clean restored item...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz71rSdh3Jt ... 4f82aii7np

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:11 pm

problemaddict wrote:NSU Quickly - what a funky, cute thing. Of course I like a rat vs. a clean restored item...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz71rSdh3Jt ... 4f82aii7np
Back when I read a number of potatoist vintage-bike rags, the Quickly would be mentioned in some place in every issue of any of those that I'd read. That thing was like the Volkswagen Beetle of two-wheeled transportation. An utterly unreasonable number of them had been made, and sold, and ridden. Near indestructible (by the standards of the time), easy to operate, and with the step-through for women wearing dresses (obviously, women wearing pants were unmentionable in those days). The sort of thing that'd be at every single vintage bike show, and in some number.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Macchina Estrema: Simone Conti’s radical Aprilia SXV550

BikeEXIF wrote: In the custom world, Simone Conti marches to the beat of a different drum. He’s not into retro throwbacks, old school vibes or stealthy upgrades. He builds fast, aggressive-looking machines that look like they’ve just rolled out of a NASA design center.

His new build is based around the motor from an Aprilia SXV550, and that’s a good thing. “It’s a very beautiful and small engine,” Simone tells us....

A SHIT-TON MORE PIX AND STORY HERE AT BIKE EXIF

That's the same mill that's in the Aprilla 5.5, yes? When comparing the two, someone (Tre, I think) once said "The Aprillia 4.5 wheelies whenever you want it to. The 5.5 wheelies whenever it wants to."

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:21 pm

<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Jaeger wrote:Le Sexxah

MORE PIX AND ARTICLE AT BIKE EXIF HERE

--Jaeger

Oooohhhh!!!

(insert fapping gif here [i'm on my work pc]).

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:43 am

Mr. Leno went and took the ABC for a ride.
So ABC is "A Bike Company". If that was mentioned earlier, I don't remember. But dangit, that was what I was gonna call my motorcycle company! :lol:

https://youtu.be/o-KGnUIDwAQ

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:12 am

DerGolgo wrote:Mr. Leno went and took the ABC for a ride.
So ABC is "A Bike Company". If that was mentioned earlier, I don't remember. But dangit, that was what I was gonna call my motorcycle company! :lol:
That thing is HAWT. :shock:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:16 am

I don't know if this is the prettiest/sexiest motorbike out there, but... holy FUCK!

Pipeburn wrote:It’s the most powerful production motorcycle ever produced, nothing else even comes close, but this missile on two-wheels is more than just the sum of its parts. The brainchild of Australian race engineer Paul Maloney, who spent two decades in the paddocks of the world’s premier racing categories, the PGMV8 is the ultimate street bike he came back to the Victorian bush to build. The carbon bodied, road-legal machine is a mechanical masterpiece, packing 334hp from its signature 2.0l V8. So to get the inside word, Pipeburn spent considerable time over the last six months getting to know the man and his machine...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

LINK TO MORE STORY AND PIX AT PIPEBURN HERE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:04 am

^^^Jeebus!!

It looks a very little familiar. In the 1990s or thereabouts, there was a glorious nutjob in Australia building V8 cycles based on Yamaha fours, with a trellis-ish frame that this here reminds me of.
Didn't have all the horsepower, left a few for everybody else, unlike this greedy bugger. So now I want to make sure I'm not having a false memory. To the googles!

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:15 am

Ha, found it, first try!
Phil Aynsley on mcnews.com wrote:To date four 1000cc bikes have been built (one in naked bike form) with the price being approximately US$100,000 depending on customer requirements. Power is 154hp at 12,200rpm. Weight (oil, no fuel) is 210kg, with a top speed of 270km/h.
Article: https://www.mcnews.com.au/drysdale-1000 ... l-aynsley/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article is dated 2017, which terrified me for a moment. I was sure I knew this from back when I was still using bloody Netscape. Also, a "production" bike running on ... carbs? Doesn't quite fit 2017, that's definitely in the Keto era of motorcycles.
But reading a bit, I'm relieved.
Phil Aynsley on mcnews.com wrote:In 1995 he built his first V8, a 750cc design, then followed that up four years later with the 1000cc version seen here.
It's a good thing I'm relieved about that, because I'll be busy the rest of the day, worrying about having had to look up the spelling for "relieved". :o

Maybe the dulcet tones of Mr. Drysdale's 750 V8 will bring me relief about my inability to spell the verb form thereof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5tkMycW8DE

While searching for the same, this one came up, also.
It dare say, the Drysdale sounds better, to my ears. Modern muffler make magnificently melodious motorcycles much more mundane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmj3yvshbq8

xtian
Le coureur de lames chasse Tinti...

Post by xtian » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:39 pm

154hp, that's about what a stock restricted ducati multistrada pulls out of its 1200cc V2 for $20.000 nowadays. What a time to be alive.
I'm not really from around here.

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 am

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:33 am

0l4fderstout wrote:I think I'm in Lust:

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/3767 ... -want/amp/

I only rode an Enfield on a test ride but it was enough to convince me I don't want one. It doesn't have enough ass to get out of its own way -- especially compared to the Scouts. It's not highway-worthy, at least not around here.

"Slow bike" is one thing, but "fucking anemic" is another. Aggroton had/has one and seemed to ride the hell out of it, though I don't think I ever heard him say it was especially quick.

Then again, it was one of the 500cc Bullets. Dunno what this weird twin could do.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

xtian

Post by xtian » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:48 pm

650 interceptor, 47Hp instead of 27 for the bullet. You'll probably want to keep your socks on. Funny to see Enfield struggle to access the hipster neoretro wave while being shredded by triumph and others modern makes.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:07 am

xtian wrote:650 interceptor, 47Hp instead of 27 for the bullet. You'll probably want to keep your socks on. Funny to see Enfield struggle to access the hipster neoretro wave while being shredded by triumph and others modern makes.
Quite honestly, I think that PoS 'Zuk Savage that I hotted up for Mishka some years ago could smoke a stock Enfield Bullet. I'm curious to see what the twin does, but don't have high hopes.

They do, however, hit the "genuine retro experience" much better than the new Triumphs, Guzzis, etc... if you want a motorcycle from 1951. :shock:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

0l4fderstout
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by 0l4fderstout » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:22 am

I keep trying to get time on these and just never have a convenient time to do so. I was thinking this would be better on the gravel and sand shit than my scout.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am

0l4fderstout wrote:I keep trying to get time on these and just never have a convenient time to do so. I was thinking this would be better on the gravel and sand shit than my scout.
Possibly, even probably. The engine isn't nearly as batshit powerful so you won't wind up just spinning the wheel so much. It's also a lot lighter IIRC.

That, and it's probably more rugged when falling over and easier to repair with duct tape and bailing wire. :shock:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

jae
Magnum Jihad

Post by jae » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:21 am

Jaeger wrote: They do, however, hit the "genuine retro experience" much better than the new Triumphs, Guzzis, etc... if you want a motorcycle from 1951. :shock:

--Jaeger
yeah... I thought I would be cool with that experience when I bought my Ural. It's not for me.
There, I said it.
http://instagram.com/norrisjc
http://youtube.com/kacivic

Dying old and healthy from boredom is not an achievement.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:15 am

jae wrote:
Jaeger wrote: They do, however, hit the "genuine retro experience" much better than the new Triumphs, Guzzis, etc... if you want a motorcycle from 1951. :shock:

--Jaeger
yeah... I thought I would be cool with that experience when I bought my Ural. It's not for me.
Honestly if you want a "Genuine Retro Experience" that's actually half-ass reliable, get an ironhead Sportster. They are dead simple to work on, and provided the engine doesn't have loose chunks of metal floating around inside from PO abuse, a little bit of carb cleaning and tuning will get even the ugliest ones down the road with zest but still with enough "WTF was that noise? Why did it just stumble right then? Was that detonation or a stuck valve" anxiety to tickle anyone's tingle. Avoid the magneto-equipped early models, IIRC about 73-74 is when they changed to a much more reliable generator charging system. Kick-starter or electric leg is up to you.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:23 am

MO.com wrote:Kawasaki’s Actually Making a Four-Cylinder Ninja ZX-25R

...The Ninja ZX-25R is powered by a liquid-cooled 249cc DOHC, 16-valve four-cylinder engine mounted in a high-tensile steel trellis frame. Kawasaki didn’t provide any performance figures, but it’s a good bet the ZX-25R will be the most powerful 250-class sportbike every produced. Kawasaki does say the engine provides abundant torque at low and medium speeds with strong power at the high end.

If my '91 Bandit 400 -- an air-cooled 400cc I4-- is any indication, that should be a very interesting little bike.

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-feature ... x-25r.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:32 pm

This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful CX500 I've ever seen.

I mean, just look at the detail on this goddamn thing:

There's a shitload more pix here: https://www.pipeburn.com/home/2019/11/0 ... ycles.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

Post by red » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:12 am

That is a damn fine build.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 am

Some times, I wish they'd use a different background than "just as black as it gets" for such photoshoots. Can't really see a lot of the detail. What I can see is tasty, indeed.

xtian

Post by xtian » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:21 pm

and the waste of so many good constituents on an anvil.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:52 am

xtian wrote:and the waste of so many good constituents on an anvil.
Anvil? Is that the CX's nickname in Belgium?

Over here, the most common one I've heard is Güllepumpe (a pump for liquid manure...).

xtian

Post by xtian » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:06 am

make that a boat anchor then. Why would you need upside down fork, titanium exhaust and italian wheels around an engine that will only ever make the ton when thrown off a cliff.
ok, cx engines look good, make them classy, just don't make them motoGPesque.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:27 am

xtian wrote:make that a boat anchor then. Why would you need upside down fork, titanium exhaust and italian wheels around an engine that will only ever make the ton when thrown off a cliff.
ok, cx engines look good, make them classy, just don't make them motoGPesque.
Well, Cyprus, the parts that aren't depopulated no-go zones, isn't exactly known for its Autobahns. But I believe it does have a number of lovely hills, with the twisties and all that.
So this guy wanted a bike he could dart around them twisties with. While he also, for whatever reason, loves the shitpump engine. Friend of mine (lost contact a bit, I'm afraid), he can afford getting the latest and fastest, or fanciest. But he just fell in love with the CX before he even got his license. Got license. Bought a CX. Loves it to bits. Last time we spoke, that was the only bike he had, and he was very happy with it, didn't seem he fancied anything else. It's a slightly unusual engine, not quite like a Guzzi, be definitely not quite like other Hondas, either. Did they even make any other OHV engines, like, ever?

So the engine can't quite get to the speeds where going around turns requires the fancy suspension. Doesn't mean that having the fancy suspension won't be helpful, still. Or may just feel better, going around the turns as slow as this may go.

Or what the heck. The guy loves his CX. And he wanted quality bits on it. Sometimes, it's nice to just have something that's just nice. Real quality. Something that wasn't designed to a price, but to perform. Not made from the cheapest stuff that will do the job, but from what's gonna do the job really well.
In the 1970s, Honda in particular built a bunch of bikes that had way more engine than chassis, the rubber bits couldn't keep up with the go bits. No fun.

In contrast to that. Having a bike that can be thrown around the twisties like it had come off the production line last week. Modern as fuck. Utter overkill, as you point out.
But with an engine from before modern emissions legislation. That gets to be loud, stinky, generally antisocial (or as antisocial as a Honda engine is gonna get). Making a big smelly hubbub like it's 1978, but handling like she's from 2018.
That actually sounds like fun.