BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.
motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:46 am

Jaeger wrote:

Wish it wasn't a hardtail

It isn't.

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri May 21, 2010 10:51 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:
Jaeger wrote: Wish it wasn't a hardtail
It isn't.
I'll be damned. You're right. It's not. From the top line of the frame (and my ignorance of Guzzi frame design) -- and behind that little pannier, or whatever the hell it is -- I didn't see the shock. More fool me. :P

Cool.

Now I like it even more.

:)

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri May 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Because a K1200 isn't hot enough as is:

BIKE EXIF wrote: This is so odd I just had to feature it. When BMW launched the K1200R in 2006, it was the world’s most powerful naked bike. But even with 163 hp on tap and immaculate handling, there’s always someone, somewhere, who wants more. To satisfy such folks, the German tuner Wunderlich hired the Dutch designer Bart van den Bogaard, and let him loose on the K1200R...

WE LOVE BIKE EXIF - CLICK HERE FOR MORE

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

thrasherbill
Burninator of the Dirt Oval

Post by thrasherbill » Fri May 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Jaeger wrote:

--Jaeger

KZ's are for assholes... - scumbag
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb. - piccini9
In other news, I want to have sex with your bike. - Beemer Dan
A beard, it's like tits for your face. - MagnusTheBuilder

beck
Magnum Jihad

Post by beck » Fri May 21, 2010 5:42 pm

JOHNNY 5 IS ALIVE!!!

thank you. that will be all

oh, and this too.
anyone ever wonder why i sold my show car and bought a bike? lol. zrx is not my dream bike, this one is.

Everything fun causes cancer, road rash, pregnancy, addiction, skin discoloration, broken bones, carpal tunnel, sprained eyeballs, rugburns, sideburns, exploding friends, insurance claims, insanity, etc... You can either lie safely in wait to shufflel'd off this mortall coile, or jerk it off hard and fast. Live life to the fullest, and use lots of lube

Beemer Dan.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 am

Yummy Beemer K-Bike

BIKE EXIF wrote:I’ve always liked the look of BMW’s K-series motors. Simply because they’re boxy and when they first appeared, I thought they looked like something from Star Wars. The earlier R-series is well established as a café racer platform, but now the K-series is starting to gain favor. And this recent build from the Italian custom shop Abnormal Cycles shows what can be done with a little ingenuity...

CLICK HERE FOR EXIF

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 am

Another nice Beemer cafe, courtesy of Pipeburn.

Pipeburn wrote:After two blown engines Englishman Chris Simpson decided to try and squeeze a R80 RT engine into his 1979 BMW R45 frame. "The powers that be said the engine wouldn't fit, as you can see it obviously does" Chris explains. "The only engine mods were a lightweight flywheel and the air box was removed and replaced with a Bellmouths. It has custom stainless 2-1 exhausts with a stainless megaphone, fully custom sub frame with hidden battery under the seat pod, a large EARLS oil cooler from a Ford Cosworth.

CLICK FOR MORE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Cerdo19
Pin Puller

Post by Cerdo19 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Jaeger wrote:Say what you will about HD, the mawfuggahs got some KILLAH marketing, yo.

I mean, DAYUM...

CLICKY CLICKY

Follow the link. Apparently she rides it. *shrug*

--Jaeger
She does ride. Another team did this shoot but I was the AD on the retro pin-up stuff we did with her last fall. She's actually pretty chill.

The bike is indeed meh...

xaos
Zaouse!

Post by xaos » Mon May 24, 2010 6:52 pm

this thread is a breath of fresh air!

...thanx jaeger
Defying human design since 1979

...it's pronounced chaos
http://www.precision.aero/xaos-27.htm

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:31 am

In honor of Goosie's new girlfriend and to show him that Hondas can be cool too.....

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue May 25, 2010 5:52 am

Here's one I didn't expect to be putting up: a Yammy Virago...

BIKE EXIF wrote:One of the most underrated custom platforms has got to be Yamaha’s Virago. It first appeared as the XV750 in 1981, and made an immediate impact—to the point where it was one of the bikes that prompted a US tariff on imported motorcycles over 700 cc, arguably to protect Milwaukee. The Virago sub-brand was soon spread thin with subsequent models going down to 250 cc, but the 80s big-bangers are still held in high regard...

MORE PIX HERE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

piccini9
Everybody dies. It's a love story.

Post by piccini9 » Tue May 25, 2010 6:09 am

I really like that Virago. I've also seen somewhere an old Vision,(v-twin) liquid cooled) that was done up nice and simple.
Adding pink and unicorns makes everything better.
-roadmissile

Treatment may include things like riding motorcycles and crocheting… whatever it takes to counteract the deleterious effects of existence. - Rolly

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Tue May 25, 2010 6:27 am

motorpsycho67 wrote:In honor of Goosie's new girlfriend and to show him that Hondas can be cool too.....

that is truly a beautiful bike. As an aside, I love Hondas! It's just that I don't know what I could complain about if I owned one. Next thing you know, I'm out of drama and be happy. Kind of like an atomic explosion, you don't want a happy goose because nobody knows just what the future ramifications are.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

Trav
Captain Delicious

Post by Trav » Tue May 25, 2010 7:29 am

Jaeger wrote:Here's one I didn't expect to be putting up: a Yammy Virago...

BIKE EXIF wrote:One of the most underrated custom platforms has got to be Yamaha’s Virago. It first appeared as the XV750 in 1981, and made an immediate impact—to the point where it was one of the bikes that prompted a US tariff on imported motorcycles over 700 cc, arguably to protect Milwaukee. The Virago sub-brand was soon spread thin with subsequent models going down to 250 cc, but the 80s big-bangers are still held in high regard...

MORE PIX HERE

--Jaeger

I've seen that one before, but I am surprised to find more documentation in that like actually saying it IS a VIRAGO 750, and not a 920 'euro' version, which would have lent itself to the cafe treatment a bit more easily.

They did import them to the US for 2 years, I believe.. but they didn't sell much. Imagine that. Search Yamaha TR1 for the european version.. I am unsure, but I think the US version was an xv920.. maybe called a Virago as well, but I don't think. I'm thinking it was a model derivative. Like a kz LTD.

This is a little different.. came up on sideburn magazine

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... erman.html
"With the engine running in the neutral position, disengage the clutch (pull in-clutch lever), press down on the shift lever until low gear is engaged, remove foot from shift lever, increase engine speed slightly, slowly release clutch lever while advancing throttle. Repeat procedure for remaining gears."

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Tue May 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Jaeger wrote:Here's one I didn't expect to be putting up: a Yammy Virago...
One good thing about working with an early XV920: it's impossible to make it uglier. (sure, you could make it a DIFFERENT ugly, but no uglier)
Trav wrote:I've seen that one before, but I am surprised to find more documentation in that like actually saying it IS a VIRAGO 750, and not a 920 'euro' version, which would have lent itself to the cafe treatment a bit more easily.
Was that the Vision in the USA?
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

Trav
Captain Delicious

Post by Trav » Tue May 25, 2010 7:23 pm

No, there was a version that looked just like the first pic I posted, although I don't believe it was the "TR1". It had an enclosed chain drive. I stumbled upon some forum where two guys were musing over each having owned one. That's the only reason I know this much.
"With the engine running in the neutral position, disengage the clutch (pull in-clutch lever), press down on the shift lever until low gear is engaged, remove foot from shift lever, increase engine speed slightly, slowly release clutch lever while advancing throttle. Repeat procedure for remaining gears."

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Wed May 26, 2010 2:40 am

No, the Vision was the XV550, and was more of a sport-tourer/standard than a cruiser. Futuristic fairing (optional), pretty decent bike. My neighbor had one, wanted to sell it to me but I gave the deal to a buddy of mine who promptly sold it to someone else. I'll never broker a bike again.
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 am

A "Rudge-Whitworth" -- not exactly what I'd want to ride on the street, but apparently they're building it as a salt racer.

I just think it's damn pretty. :)

BIKE EXIF wrote: This remarkably elegant vintage motorcycle is actually a bit of a mongrel: it’s a Rudge ‘bitsa’ built by Jean-Claude Barrois, who also restored the Honda CB450 and Terrot racer we’ve featured before. This bike has had a chequered life, starting out as a 1928 Soyer—a French brand that produced motorcycles between 1920 and 1935. Like many French makes of the time, Soyer used a variety of engines for their motorcycles, including 
JAP, Sturmey Archer and Chaise. This particular Soyer 07S had a JAP engine but the frame was wrecked, so Barrois built his own frame—and eventually replaced the JAP motor with the 500cc Rudge unit you see here....

CLICK HERE FOR MORE!!

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri May 28, 2010 10:02 am

Buh... :shock:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WQwfMwoJITo&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WQwfMwoJITo&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://rolandsandsdesign.com/wp/2010/05 ... #more-1675

WAAAANT!! WAAAAAANT!!!

(courtesy of Pipeburn)

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

roadmissile
Chief Marketing Schwaggerizer

Post by roadmissile » Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Jaeger wrote:Image
These pics are way hotter when she's got the lid on :P

Because now I feel the need to contribute something (and yes, it's a superhawk motor that is both turbo and supercharged):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWb3ObGWkdY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWb3ObGWkdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

/RM
/Speed is our religion.

"If requests are an option, I'd like to be hit by a beautiful and highly trained nurse, driving a marshmallow. Naked. And then she would buy me an ice cream." - Rev

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri May 28, 2010 3:45 pm

roadmissile wrote: Because now I feel the need to contribute something (and yes, it's a superhawk motor that is both turbo and supercharged):
That bike is disturbing on a number of levels.

:shock:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

My Little Pony
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by My Little Pony » Fri May 28, 2010 6:18 pm

beck wrote:JOHNNY 5 IS ALIVE!!!

oh, and this too.
anyone ever wonder why i sold my show car and bought a bike? lol. zrx is not my dream bike, this one is.

Either that is one huge motorcycle, or the guy riding it is in kindergarden.
Every dollar we spend is a vote for how we want the world to be

FastCat
&#916;v/&#916;t = Whoopass

Post by FastCat » Fri May 28, 2010 7:00 pm

My Little Pony wrote:
...photo of Eddie Lawson wheelie-ing a KZ-1000...

Yes, on both counts.

I cannot seem to find any profile info about height/weight, but Eddie Lawson, Wes Cooley, Freddie Spencer, none of those guys could be mistaken for offensive linemen...

...and That photo was from back in the day when "superbike" meant a streetbike with marginally-improved suspension and a hot-rod motor.
guitargeek wrote:I just lubed my dad's nipples.

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Fri May 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah, most successful road racers are jockeys.
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:12 am

guitargeek wrote:Yeah, most successful road racers are jockeys.

Yup.

Every one I've met has been a little feller.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Trav
Captain Delicious

Post by Trav » Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 pm

gasp.

GG and MP67 just agreed on something

:shock:

run chicken little!

:lol: :wink:

Zim
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Zim » Sat May 29, 2010 7:35 pm

My Little Pony wrote:
beck wrote:JOHNNY 5 IS ALIVE!!!

oh, and this too.

HA! I was thinking the same thing!

Jaeger, this thread is highly inappropriate.

Highly inap... :shock: will you look at that.
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people having a good time on motorcycles... it makes me take another look." --Steve McQueen

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 am

Goldwing Cafe:

BIKE EXIF wrote: One of the last bikes you’d expect to get the café racer treatment is the Honda Gold Wing. It’s hardly a nimble machine, and for most owners, the customizing stopped after fitting saddlebags and a Vetter fairing. But now a whole subculture has built up around ‘naked Gold Wings’, with the odd bobber showing up and the occasional successful café racer conversion. This is a 1976 model—a GL1000—with a flat-four motor and almost 600 lbs to haul around....

MORE AT BIKE EXIF

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:27 am

Excelsior Manxman

BIKE EXIF wrote: Most vintage motorcycles look spindly and fragile. Others look bulbous and unbalanced to modern eyes. But a select few—Vincent included—look hunkered-down and purposeful, and strangely modern: their aesthetic balance has endured. Excelsior is a name that can be added to that list, as long as you get the right Excelsior—because there are at least eight motorcycle manufacturers who have used that brand name (meaning lofty, or higher) in the past. The 1937 Excelsior we’re looking at here was produced by Britain’s very first motorcycle maker—the firm of Bayliss, Thomas and Co...

MORE HERE! GIVE BIKE EXIF THE SITE HIT!!

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:30 am

Cretins Yamaha XS-2

WTF? Smokey?! This you?

Pipeburn wrote:This classic Yamaha XS-2 Café Racer was sent to us by Smokey Cretin #9. If you haven't heard of the Cretins MC, they're a motorcycle club that are "dedicated to the preservation and glorification of the Café Racer motorcycle and its roots". They have chapters in Seattle, Los Angeles and of course Portland, where Smokey resides...

CLICK HERE FOR MORE -- GIVE PIPEBURN THE SITE HIT!!

Hey, Smokey! What gives? :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>