BIKE PR0N FTW -- The Thread for Moto Pr0n

The place to come if you've been with us for years or it's your first time here. General yakking about anything motorcycle related. Think of it as the internet coffeehouse for the UTMC.
Trav
Captain Delicious

Post by Trav » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:45 am

"Spark plug socket for a kicker" he says... If this were Dozer's bike, I think we got a new idea... you listening out there? :mrgreen:

that is a GREAT flickr set btw. HUUUUGE resolutions.

It took me a second to realize what this was...

Pretty sure it's the guard for a desktop tower case fan! Might be a little obtrusive.. but I also think it looks pretty dang cool, like WWII aircraft cool.

"With the engine running in the neutral position, disengage the clutch (pull in-clutch lever), press down on the shift lever until low gear is engaged, remove foot from shift lever, increase engine speed slightly, slowly release clutch lever while advancing throttle. Repeat procedure for remaining gears."

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:36 am

Jaeger wrote:I am filled with an unhealthy -- nay, unholy -- lust for these...
BIKE EXIF wrote:The French have a knack for classy, timeless motorcycles. There was Jean François Vicente, in the days when he owned VD Classic. We recently featured restorer Jean-Claude Barrois, who created the Rudge ‘bitsa’. And then there’s Patrick Godet of Godet Motorcycles of Malaunay in northern France, who created the machines you see here. These bikes are Egli-Vincents, and built under licence. They’re based on the 100-or-so originals produced in Switzerland by Fritz Egli in the late 60s and early 70s, and the appeal is just as strong today as it was four decades ago. Today, Godet offers two variations on the Egli-Vincent, a single-seater Café Racer model and a twin-seat Sport GT. Both use a Black Shadow air-cooled 50º V twin specification engine and weigh around 172 kg (378 lbs); the difference is mostly in the bodywork and the trim.

--Jaeger
I dig 'em too. Here's one I took a pic of a couple of years ago at the annual Norton Club meet/ride....

And here's a bonus pic....

'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:51 am

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:47 pm

First Look: NCR Millona M16
A carbon and titanium beauty based on a Ducati Desmosedici, but offering so much more (and less).

By John Burns

Giorgio Nepoti and Rino Caracchi started something special when they formed NCR and turned out their first Ducati special more than 40 years ago, an excellent tradition that lives on in the form of their firm's latest creation, the NCR Millona 16. NCR is right down the street from Ducati, in San Lazzaro di Savena—an industrial part of Bologna that sounds nicer than it is. You can almost picture the lunch: Say, what you gonna do with all those Desmosedici motors you got lying around? Dunno. Take one! And pass the breadsticks...

When it comes to an engine like this desmodromic V-Four, less bodywork is more: The M16s abbreviated carbon-fiber frame and fairing show off the 200-plus horsepower MotoGP-derived beast in all its titanium/magnesium glory. NCR has always been about power-to-weight, and for this machine it's decided to go ahead and just whack the ball out of the park: Without fuel, NCR says the M16 weighs 319 pounds—that's about 6.6 pounds less than the current 326-pound MotoGP minimum. That's incredibly light.

The M16's carbon-fiber frame/swingarm are NCR's own design, complete with improved airflow to the engine through the steering head. The fuel tank, fairing, subframe/tail, fender and wheels are all carbon as well. All mechanical parts, says NCR, are either titanium or aviation-grade aluminum.

NCR has been known for is partnership with titanium experts Poggipolini (Ferrari Formula One's supplier of choice) but the recent acquisition of an ultra-high-grade carbon-fiber company has given NCR access major expertise in this arena. Expect more from them, and for proprietary c-f wheels to grace customer M16s.

"The final product is slicker and lighter than what we anticipated," said NCR's Joe Ippoliti. "For example, we anticipated the exhaust to weigh 7.8 lb. but after some work, the final exhaust including springs is 5.2 lb. Ducati OEM is 21 lbs. The same goes for our new wheels. The quality of the carbon fiber is unrivaled in the motorcycle industry and we hope people will see the difference."

Suspension is lifted directly from the Harley-Davidson Iron 883 Sportster, just kidding!! Naturally, you wouldn't be caught dead on this thing with anything but the latest, top-line Ohlins GP suspenders, tuned in-house by NCR Corse. An FGR000 43mm inverted fork (with adjustable offset triple clamps) and a TTX ride-height adjustable shock carry this oh-so-light load. Brembo monobloc brake calipers work on ultra-light Brake Tech Axis ceramic-composite discs.

The latest in NCR-developed electronics are also part of the package: traction control, data acquisition and recording, and real-time fuel remapping should be enough to keep the NCR Millona 16 in the fast group at any track day; you just have to hope it won't require Casey Stoner skills to keep it between the curbs! An AIM MXL Pista dash relays pertinent info to the rider.

Paint and graphics, should you wish to hide any of the gorgeous carbon weave, are wide open and NCR says the bike will be produced only upon request, price "TBA." Interested? Place your order at www.ncrfactory.com. Bring lire...
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

roadmissile
Chief Marketing Schwaggerizer

Post by roadmissile » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:10 pm

guitargeek wrote:Image
I have to admit, if I had fuck you money this would not be a bad way to spend a little, yum.

/RM
/Speed is our religion.

"If requests are an option, I'd like to be hit by a beautiful and highly trained nurse, driving a marshmallow. Naked. And then she would buy me an ice cream." - Rev

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:30 pm

guitargeek wrote:

I have to go change my shorts......
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

beck
Magnum Jihad

Post by beck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:33 pm

that much carbon fiber makes me feel tingly...

so on a completely unrelated note who wants to buy a kidney?
Everything fun causes cancer, road rash, pregnancy, addiction, skin discoloration, broken bones, carpal tunnel, sprained eyeballs, rugburns, sideburns, exploding friends, insurance claims, insanity, etc... You can either lie safely in wait to shufflel'd off this mortall coile, or jerk it off hard and fast. Live life to the fullest, and use lots of lube

Beemer Dan.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:56 pm

guitargeek wrote:Image
[

AAAAaand GG takes the lead with the hawtest bit of moto-fap yet posted on this thread!

I say gaw'dAYUMHHH.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:57 am

Yeah, that NCR is so fine, but exclusive to the Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise biker buy out types ("I got my Desmo first!"). Anyway, from Asphalt and Rubber is a pretty cool Motard by Moto Morini. I dig the Streetfighter esque lights and overall look of it . .

and that lil Honda sure is sweet! Nice touches all around. I like the black spokes, the cool speedo cover and sparkplug wrench kicker. Real clean and subtle work. Very very nice
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:51 am

Hey, Assholes!

BIKE EXIF wrote:...The base is a Kawasaki Z750B with a shortened rear frame and an aluminum seatpan to make the back as slim and light as possible. The motor and carburetors have been overhauled and K&N filters help with the breathing. On the electrical front, the bike has been rewired and fitted with new lights; the original battery has been discarded in favor of a Daytona condenser and a kickstart....

MORE HERE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:58 am

RSD KTM Cafe Racer

Roland Sands Design (RSD) recently posted these 'almost finished' pics of their latest creation on their site – the classic paint job is yet to be done. Turning a KTM 530 into a café racer might not be the most practical build, but I do love the look of it. The bike has the very distinctive RSD styling but the one thing I personaly don't like is the left-over KTM plastic underneath the new gas tank. Here's what RSD say about the bike: "What started life as a 530 Motocross bike was transformed into a no frills mid way custom somewhere between a café racer, a super single and a motocross bike...

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

I love pretty much everything I've seen come out of Sands' shop. Fuckin' yum.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:00 am

RG500WW

TZ750
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 am

oh my, i have to stop looking at this thread at work. I'm going to have to 'splain embarrassing issues if someone needs me for anything around here.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

the_shy_ember
The gal you'll never match for bravado and fortitude.

Post by the_shy_ember » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:06 pm

<3

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Well, 5 out of 6 ain't bad....
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

roadmissile
Chief Marketing Schwaggerizer

Post by roadmissile » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:04 pm

With some black over the anthracite I think this is the proper bike for Ames and his batsuit:

/RM
/Speed is our religion.

"If requests are an option, I'd like to be hit by a beautiful and highly trained nurse, driving a marshmallow. Naked. And then she would buy me an ice cream." - Rev

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:11 am

I really like the Enfields, even if they are anemic by any modern standards...

BIKE EXIF wrote:You don’t always need exotic underpinnings or titanium sidestands to take home a trophy at a bike show. ‘Rat Racer’ has just won its class at the Biker Fest in Udine, Italy, and it’s based on nothing more exotic than a Royal Enfield Bullet 350. The Bullet is a stone-age air-cooled thumper—cast iron—and one of the few motorcycles still in production with front drum brakes and a right-foot gear shift. But with an anemic 20hp available from the stock engine, those brakes will not be taxed too hard. It’ll be a fun machine to ride and it looks remarkably good—good enough to hold its own against some very expensive competition. So full credit goes to builders Michele Gamberini and Breska of Alambiccus Garage, who were assisted by renowned custom builder Roberto Totti. Totti has built more than one Enfield 350 in his time, and it looks like his advice was well-heeded. Check out the Alambiccus blog, and Roberto Totti’s own (new) blog is worth a visit too, as well as his website. [Via the always excellent Rocket Garage.]

LINK

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm

The Bike EXIF Top 10
BIKE EXIF wrote:We’re halfway through 2010 now, and it’s time to see which motorcycles were most popular (or controversial) over the past six months...
I'M NOT POSTING UP ALL THESE PIX AND LINKS -- JUST CLICK HERE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

motorpsycho67
Double-dip Diogenes

Post by motorpsycho67 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Bike Exif is hit or miss IMO. I only liked one of those 10.
'75 Honda CB400F
'82 Kawalski GPz750
etc.

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:15 pm

motorpsycho67 wrote:Bike Exif is hit or miss IMO. I only liked one of those 10.
I agree. But isn't it always the case? So many different types of bike, so many different tastes...

Motorcycle picture of the day often has good stuff, also.

If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

ghost
High Kommand

Post by ghost » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:57 pm

Umm... drool...
Loud pipes impede cell phone conversations.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Practical Shmacticle, this thing is fuckin' gorgeous.

BIKE EXIF wrote: Motoshop Tonouchi has done it again. After grabbing attention with their retro BMW-inspired Sportster custom, they’ve created one of the tastiest XS650-based bikes we’ve seen for a while. The ‘Heritage Special’ reprises the monochromatic look, with sleek, perfectly judged bodywork—note the lovely curved panels under the bobber seat. The frame modifications accentuate the chunky, 654cc parallel twin motor and the gently flared exhaust system adds a low-key elegance...
LINKAGE FOR DA CLINKAGE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 pm

...and then there's this:

Moto Guzzi 1000 SP

BIKE EXIF wrote:There’s something about a big-block Moto Guzzi that lends itself perfectly to the creation of a stripped-down, brutal café racer. ‘Ferro Negro’—Black Iron in Italian— is based on a 1981 1000 SP and it was built by Andrea Viganò of Bruciato Garage in Bergamo, Italy. There’s nothing subtle about this bike, with matte black paint throwing attention onto the huge finned V-twin cylinders. The SP was a rusted-out wreck when Viganò bought it, so he used his spare time during the cold Alpine winter to create his vision.

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:40 am

Just pretty and classic:

Ducati 200 Élite

t’s been too long since we’ve featured vintage Italian machinery. And then I stumbled across this jaw-dropping shot of a Ducati 200 Élite from 1962. To my eyes, it’s the perfect post-War motorcycle, and I’m not surprised to learn that it was a huge success when it appeared in 1958. The 204cc bevel-driven motor is simply a bored-out version of Ducati’s contemporary 175cc thumper—but it was good enough for 18bhp and 144kph (90mph), because the bike weighs a mere 105kg (230 lbs)...

LINK DA DINK

Didn't that fellow in Denver have one of these in his shop?

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:36 pm

If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Jonny
Sausage Pirate

Post by Jonny » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Jaeger wrote:Image
My goodness that is just lovely.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 am

BeemerDan, this one's for you: 1930 Henderson custom

BIKE EXIF wrote: Every few months, a bike comes along that completely stops me in my tracks. Like this one: an Art Deco-influenced machine that could have come straight from the pen of Harley Earl. The bike caused a stir last month when it appeared at the Rhinebeck Grand National Meet, a popular motorcycle show held a couple of hours drive north of NYC. Word started to spread. And with the help of a few Bike EXIF readers, we’ve tracked down the details—and got some shots thanks to Grail Mortillaro of the excellent grassroots chopper blog Knucklebuster....

CLICK HERE FOR MORE PIX AND STORY

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:59 am

XS650 Eight Ball Boy

BIKE EXIF wrote:You can always rely upon prolific Italian builder Filippo Barbacane to come up with something different. The latest creation from his Officine Rosso Puro stable is ‘Eight Ball Boy’ a high-ridin’ street tracker based on the Yamaha XS650. (The stance reminds me of House Rockers’ CB750 customs: are we seeing a trend here?) The bike is full of parts from the RossoPuro sub-brand, including the swingarm, triple trees, wheels and brake rotors.

CLICK FOR MORE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>

guitargeek
Master Metric Necromancer

Post by guitargeek » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:53 am

I like that a lot... but can we get past the giant tire thing?
Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self-absorbed.
Midliferider wrote:Wish I could wipe this shit off my shoes but it's everywhere I walk. Dang.
Pattio wrote:Never forget, as you enjoy the high road of tolerance, that it is those of us doing the hard work of intolerance who make it possible for you to shine.
xtian wrote:Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Goose, get a towel.

BIKE EXIF wrote:I've always thought that the best-looking Ducatis are often those that aren’t red. (The Gulf 1098R being a great example.) So I’m pleased to see another Duc in an unfamiliar color scheme: this time, a 750SS. In the early 90s, the 750SS was Ducati’s entry-level exotic—a “parts-bin special” that married the 900SS chassis with a motor related to the 1979 Pantah 500. Today, most owners resist the temptation to modify a 750SS , apart from a little tuning and exhaust tinkering, but not the Danish owner of this well-used 1995 machine.
CLICK HERE

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>