SECURITY ADVISORY!
On 2020/11/18, suspicions were expressed that there had been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.

As of April 14, 2021, no further breach or news thereof has become apparent. This message just looks different because anyone who was gonna read the whole thing presumably did by now.

Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details, and for how to change your password.
Click Here

DOOM 2021!

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
red
Yap. Doomed for all eternity.

DOOM 2021!

Post by red » Sat May 15, 2021 5:05 pm

So, I'm gonna start the thread. (With any luck, I'll get to attend! I started the thread in 2015 and was there.)

I know it's early but is it ever really too early to talk about DooM? Get yer fucking shot (and booster when they come out), and let's hang out in a parking lot! I'm starting a run of DooM tchotchkes for this year, courtesy of ye olde 3d printer.

My route will be the normal US30 to 172 to some road to get me to camp near the original Night of the Living Dead cemetery, then on to DooM.

See you at the Portal Oct 8th - 10th.

Proud Survivor From Thread Hole 64 Campaign
1987 CBR600F Hurricane Sprawl Bike
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

Re: DOOM 2021!

Post by boz » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:03 pm

I'll be there. Riding down and over from New York. This time I think I'll actually be there for the real ride!
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.

wheezy e
Barista of Doom

Post by wheezy e » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:46 am

I've never doomed aside from my personal life/state of my future. What's the dates & are any other coloradoans riding out?
All proceeds go to help cripple children.

red

Post by red » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:29 am

wheezy e wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:46 am
I've never doomed aside from my personal life/state of my future. What's the dates & are any other coloradoans riding out?
The date this year is Oct 8th-10th. Most arrive on Friday the 8th, and depart on Sunday the 10th. Saturday tends to be full of spirited back roads riding, lunch, the riding back to the Cross Keys.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

red

Post by red » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:09 am

For those of you that are interested, I am throwing around the idea of heading down to Timeline Arcade in York, PA on Saturday; as well as doing some back road riding.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

red

Post by red » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:55 am

The DooM tchotchkes are done!
I may do some additional things, but the original idea is complete. If for some reason I can't make it, I'll mail them out to someone who will be there, or even to the X-Keys for pickup.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

red

Post by red » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:41 am

Working on a kickstand pad:
DooMPad.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

red

Post by red » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:48 am

PXL_20210703_170014802.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:13 am

One thought.
While this is impressive, it's not as impressive as it could be.
Allow me to propose Impressive Kickstand Pad™:
inverted.jpg
You know. To Mark The Territory™. So that Future Archaeologists™, or present day paparazzi trying to document the colorful and exciting life of the oot, can read the imprint in the soil without a mirror...

Of course, now that I think about it, we might get into Trademark Trouble™ with whoever is making Mood Isos. But we can just claim it really says MOOO ISOS. Or vice versa.

Note: I know that, traditionally, motorcycles have been marking their territory using their Precious Bodily Fluids™ (like, ehm, oil). Where this Impressive Kickstand Pad™ would work, off of the asphalt, even just noticing such markings is not so easy. And while I have no doubt that certain oot can differentiate the crankcase effluvia of a Le Mans from those of a Sporty from those of a mistreated airhead by scent alone, that would entail getting down and sniffing the dirt. So no.
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

red

Post by red » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 am

DerGolgo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:13 am
One thought.
While this is impressive, it's not as impressive as it could be.
Allow me to propose Impressive Kickstand Pad™:
inverted.jpg
You know. To Mark The Territory™. So that Future Archaeologists™, or present day paparazzi trying to document the colorful and exciting life of the oot, can read the imprint in the soil without a mirror...

Of course, now that I think about it, we might get into Trademark Trouble™ with whoever is making Mood Isos. But we can just claim it really says MOOO ISOS. Or vice versa.

Note: I know that, traditionally, motorcycles have been marking their territory using their Precious Bodily Fluids™ (like, ehm, oil). Where this Impressive Kickstand Pad™ would work, off of the asphalt, even just noticing such markings is not so easy. And while I have no doubt that certain oot can differentiate the crankcase effluvia of a Le Mans from those of a Sporty from those of a mistreated airhead by scent alone, that would entail getting down and sniffing the dirt. So no.
I like your idea!

This version is made to be text up, with the DooM text raised enough to keep the stand from sliding. I can easily mirror the text, and raise the text so it would make a better imprint.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

red

Post by red » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:00 pm

FYI rooms at the X-Keys are very very limited, act now!
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

red

Post by red » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:39 am

I'm out for DooM this year. Rench will deliver the goodies on my behalf. Maybe I can see you heathens next year.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

boz
El Asbestos Pajamas

Post by boz » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:42 pm

Im guessing we’re 100% comms on Facebook? I’ll be there and Michael is taking one of my spots. I may have floor space if needed. Anyway. Back to the book.
| | || ||
Earn your beer.
Aught aught Zrex Zelda.

red

Post by red » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:47 am

I should be kickstand up by now, and close to mid Ohio but nope. My DooM was crushed this year with the Pandemic, work, bike stuff, and the fact that I have a generic plague (not THE PLAGUE). I hope those that do attend stay safe, and enjoy the gathering, no matter how small.

Next year in New Oxford!
-=High Tech / Low Life=-

problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

Post by problemaddict » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:53 am

D 0 0 M !

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Fuckin DOOM everyone
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

problemaddict
Captain of the UTMC Fighter Squadron

Post by problemaddict » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:04 am

Can you non-bookfacers see these pix?

I couldn't see how to make the album public, so probably not.
I'll see if I can transfer them all to imgur or something...

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:06 am

problemaddict wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:04 am
Can you non-bookfacers see these pix?
With Facebook blocked via Disconnect, I get this:
2021-11-04 12_56_52-DOOM 2021! - UTMC - Waterfox Classic.png
And with Facebook unblocked in Disconnect, I get this:
2021-11-04 12_57_18-DOOM 2021! - UTMC - Waterfox Classic.png
Translation: "This Facebook post is no longer available. It was already removed, or the privacy-settings of the post were changed".

Of course, I got all the delicious Facebook cookies on this machine, so it would recognize me in here Which kinda feels like your supervisor from work, who's also trying to sell you timeshare when he isn't constantly on your back about your use of dirty language in the workplace, call you out of nowhere just to let you knows he knows when you visit a certain dark and strange dive-bar that's two-towns over, hidden in an alley, the door constantly blocked by sleeping hobos, where there is no cellphone reception, so nobody can "check in" there, either, and you gotta bless your stars if they let you pay for your drink with anything as high-tech as paper money. And he asks you about your "friends", who are actually just the sullen and violating to look at creatures entirely assembled from tattoos and traumatic rage who just happened to be sitting at the bar on either side of you, who's schismatic aura had taught you better than to try and ever talk to any of them, and who certainly wouldn't tolerate any mention of timeshares where a minimum of five of the first three words out of the speaker's mouth aren't banned even from streaming TV. And who don't need anything as non-felonious as money to pay for their drinks. But pay they do. And even tip.

Also, discord tells me loading this page wit fecalbook enabled required no fewer than 22 requests being processed just via facebook. Yikes!
And while I know Other Zuck's minions are well aware that I potter about over here, seeing how often I've shared posts from here in the Midget Circus.
Still, that would be when I kinda choose to let FB know where I'm at when I'm not there. Or at least don't think about it.
The idea that, as Discord just showed me, Facebook is informed when I visit this site, it's kinda disturbing...
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Bigshankhank
Fully Autonomous Cock-Puncher

Post by Bigshankhank » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:27 pm

Fuck Facebook
It's time for Humankind to ditch the imaginary friends of our species' childhood and grow the fuck up.
-Davros

"Lasse mich deine Seele dem Herrscher der Finsternis opfern"

Let me sacrifice your soul to the ruler of darkness

Always carry a bottle of whiskey when you travel in case of a snakebite. Futhermore, always carry a small snake.

Jaeger
Baron von Scrapple

Post by Jaeger » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:28 am

Bigshankhank wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:27 pm
Fuck Facebook
In the earhole. With a screwdriver.

--Jaeger
Bigshankhank wrote:The world is a fucking wreck, but there is still sunshine in some places. Go outside and look for it.
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2018 Indian Scout -- "Lilah"

red

Post by red » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:50 am

Yup, no worky.

However, on a positive note, the replies to this thread reminded me I have Do0M stuff to mail out.
-=High Tech / Low Life=-