PNW: Lovitt 2012

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

PNW: Lovitt 2012

Post by Whiskeywrist » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 pm

The yearly sojourn to delicious, remote, gourmet food via multiple camping/moto/overnight excursions has been confirmed for 2012:

August 4-6

Leave Seattle Saturday, overnight camp at some damn park in eastern Washington. Probably rad.

Arrive and enjoy the best meal of the year in NE Washington, after a bit of obligatory meandering/sightseeing/remote waterfall viewing/tiny ferry utilizing/utter tear-assing around.

http://www.lovittrestaurant.com/index.html

Camp en masse on the lawn of said meal provider, enjoying drinks and revelry with the proprietors.

Savor a traffic reduced sprint home Monday across the north Cascades/highway 20 westbound until your face freezes into a permanent grin and your tires show metal.

If any of y'all had ambitions to dust your shit off and finally come taste the PNW, you can't beat this opportunity.

The riding, food, company, and season can't be beat.

This will be year four, and I hope to never stop returning until I die.

================================
2014 Aprilia Tuono

thrasherbill
Burninator of the Dirt Oval

Post by thrasherbill » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 am

Can't.........fucking...........wait.
KZ's are for assholes... - scumbag
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb. - piccini9
In other news, I want to have sex with your bike. - Beemer Dan
A beard, it's like tits for your face. - MagnusTheBuilder

cjp
Western WA. Wandering Dervish

Post by cjp » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 am

That is all.
goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task
Duae Rotae Optimae

JunoUno
Pin Puller

Post by JunoUno » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 pm

woooooooooooo- HOOOOO! I have never been that far east in Washington, and this will be by far my longest moto trip. This may well be my most adventurous of adventures this summer.

cjp

Post by cjp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:25 am

Just a reminder, this is entering the final stages of planning as the dates approach.

In case anyone not already on the planning email list wants to be included on it, PM me.
goose wrote:Yes, it's always dangerous, however, it becomes much more dangerous when the most important piece of equipment you have, your brain, is not up to the task
Duae Rotae Optimae

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:03 am

now, i can't get this outta my head:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-qXa9oqKL6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like great fun!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

cjp

Post by cjp » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:53 am

So you going to bring the 'Berg up and come with us to Lovitt, Goose? :)

Also related, we were having a slow-speed ride around the cones in a parking-lot hang out Monday night, and one of the guys who came down (who will also be going to Lovitt), informed me that the fellow in the Rainier commercial above is his dad! Apparently he got paid 50 dollars and a case of Rainier.
Duae Rotae Optimae

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:51 pm

cjp wrote:So you going to bring the 'Berg up and come with us to Lovitt, Goose? :)

Also related, we were having a slow-speed ride around the cones in a parking-lot hang out Monday night, and one of the guys who came down (who will also be going to Lovitt), informed me that the fellow in the Rainier commercial above is his dad! Apparently he got paid 50 dollars and a case of Rainier.
lots of balls in the air but i'd love to make it. Still, I want that guy's autograph on a can of RRRRrraaaaaaaaaaaaaa NNeeeeeeeeeerrrrr BBBBeeeeeerrrrrrr!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

Rabbit_Fighter
Keeper of the Lava

Post by Rabbit_Fighter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Every year you guys do this (is this 3 now?) I tell myself that I'll find a way to make it next year, but again I find myself all booked up with other stuff the weekend you do it (got a wedding to go to).
goose wrote:lots of balls in the air
Can't think of a better way to air out ones balls than a NE Washingon trip. Gorgeous out there.
"no.
motorcycle the finality not is
motorcycle merely medium to achieve action of riding
motorcycle tool to bend space and time and overcome your own limitations as a mortal
riding more important than medium
spirit by object cannot be beaten."

cjp

Post by cjp » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Rabbit_Fighter wrote:Every year you guys do this (is this 3 now?)
This'll be Lovitt IV, and if everyone that is saying they'll come actually comes, we'll be breaking the record again... now up to ~16 plus a baby.

Love to have you along sometime if you can make it, Matt.

You and your un-aired balls too, if you can swing it Goose
Duae Rotae Optimae

Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Post by Whiskeywrist » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:07 pm

The more or less itinerary:

http://goo.gl/maps/ceGBQ

Any last minute tag alongs?

We do have a minor contingent headed up by GeekGirl leaving Sunday, if that makes a difference, and we're happy to try and rendezvous on the field of battle if there's last minute gusto.

PM me about getting on latitude with us, and we can find each other in paved bliss east of the mountains...
2014 Aprilia Tuono

Groove
El Monstro De La Noche

Post by Groove » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 am

I'm eagerly awaiting reports.
#############
"My new spleen came from a guy who liked the motorcycle" - Philip J. Frye

09 KLR (Gonzo)
03 SV650 (Crouchy Von Spine-Mangler)
02 KTM 640 (The Homewrecker)

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Groove wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting reports.

It was awesome. I'm back home. I smell awful. More to come over the next few days.
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:52 am

I smell better now but my leathers are currently still airing out after a liberal dousing of febreeze.

Here's my little snippet of the madness that was Lovitt 2012:
CLICKETY.

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Very cool. Some day....
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Post by Whiskeywrist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:38 am

This year involved a good mix of rookies and veterans, some worrisome mechanical issues, triple digit temperatures, tiny ferries, lakeside loafing, and a generous portion of revelry and glorious roads.

wonder twins: good?

wonder twins: evil?

The staff at this Wenatchee Auto Zone were utterly tickled at our locust-like descent upon their shop!

near Grand Coulee

CJP addressing a dubious front wheel

Jennaxide and I, manic in a bar, with fully awesome illuminated poster of Grand Coulee dam

Awaiting the fixening of the Triumph's wheel, in air conditioned, beer soaked bliss.

ROTORMANTIS!

Grand Coulee dam

Keller's ferry= strange cargo!

conveniently located rest stop

Inchellium ferry, final crossing (BARELY got the whole crew on board in time!)

the price one pays for spontaneous swimming detours: scrambling in the dressing room/parking lot

In a statistical anomaly, JX is the first one ready to roll!

cooling bike and rider, a shady spot to get our bearings

Anyone else smell wet Canadian?

Day two: fuck it's hot. Let's find a lake, and scrap the whole "riding motorcycles" part of the itinerary!

Lucretia singlehandedly raising our baseline average from filthy, disheveled, and road bleary.

Last year's sentry is still manning his post diligently

***sigh***

Geekgirl makes the rendezvous

road's end!

Kittehs. There were two. they were like sneaky, infiltrating spies, finding their way into all phases of the meal.

Dinner!

delightful group photo tripod fail!

...and a success! With geese!

post orgasmic emergency nap following unhindered descent through the north Cascades, final gas stop before heading home.

The rest are here:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 097&type=1

Everyone returned home safe, in good spirits, and under their own power. Given the intensity of the adventure, I'm really impressed with how well everyone held up.

Exhausted, happy, inspired, already planning for next year...
2014 Aprilia Tuono

Groove
El Monstro De La Noche

Post by Groove » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 am

Awesomesauce!
#############
"My new spleen came from a guy who liked the motorcycle" - Philip J. Frye

09 KLR (Gonzo)
03 SV650 (Crouchy Von Spine-Mangler)
02 KTM 640 (The Homewrecker)