2012 Isle of Vashon T.T

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

2012 Isle of Vashon T.T

Post by Pintgudge » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:00 am

I spend $30.00 a year to be a member of the Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts, just so they tell me when the big day is going to be!

Money well spent!

Oh! You want me to tell you?

Hmmmmm, O.K., it's September 9th!

See you there!

If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:11 am

Date saved. 8)
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

thrasherbill
Burninator of the Dirt Oval

Post by thrasherbill » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 am

Thank you!
KZ's are for assholes... - scumbag
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb. - piccini9
In other news, I want to have sex with your bike. - Beemer Dan
A beard, it's like tits for your face. - MagnusTheBuilder

Smokey
Barista of Doom

Post by Smokey » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:31 pm

damn it, I cant find the "LIKE" bitton anywhere
Man: I need something stronger.

Male voice (medicine cabinet): Take four red capsules. In 10 minutes, take two more. Help is on the way.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:04 pm

place sux, peeps suck, bikes are a whole buncha suck. Who'd go anyway?

count me in!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

Drift
Magnum Jihad

oi

Post by Drift » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:36 am

That'll be fun. I always miss it.
The Lemonade is a LIE!!! - Captain

1999 Kawasaki 1500 Drifter
1993 GSXR 750 RatFighter (in progress)

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:30 am

goose wrote:
count me in!
Shit yeah!!!
Well, if KZ riders are assholes, and CB riders are fucktards, I guess Buell riders can forthwith be known as cunts. - guitargeek

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 am

goose wrote: count me in!
Jangleplatz! This time leave the rain at home so we can get a decent ride in.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Smokey
Barista of Doom

Post by Smokey » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Male voice (medicine cabinet): Take four red capsules. In 10 minutes, take two more. Help is on the way.

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 pm

You still making it up Goose? Any other out-o-towners coming up to play next weekend?

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:25 am

Depends on whether this case settles on Thursday. If not, trial monday so no go. If yes, hopping on bike and breaking rules.
May need a couch to crash upon however.
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Fingers crossed for a settlement. Our couch is definitely available, won't be around to play host much tho. Saturday is our anniversary and Fri we're going to see Devo. That's right motherfuckers, Devo!

fore too fahv, to secs oh, fahv ate ate sex

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Hey Goose I'll be there Saturday, I'm sure we can find some trouble to get in to! :mrgreen:

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:09 pm

thrasherbill wrote:Hey Goose I'll be there Saturday, I'm sure we can find some trouble to get in to! :mrgreen:
Here's my plan. Settlement Conference at 1 and usually goes until 4 or 5. Have bike loaded up with a pack and begin heading North from 5 to around 10 pm (ish). Hopefully make it to Eureka.

Stop at roadside motel or something near Eureka. Rub one out, drink away the shame and get some shut eye.

On the road again around 6 am for 10 more fun filled hours of schlepping on the slab. Road test a few 5 hr energy chasers with a red bull and doughnuts.

Get to Seattle around 5 or sixish. Meet at smarty pants. Eat, drink, be merry.

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:36 pm

goose wrote: Rub one out,

Are you riding the 'Berg? I would think your bits might feel like Mike Tyson's hands after that ride...

:shock:

Smokey
Barista of Doom

Post by Smokey » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:27 pm

try sitting on your hand until it goes numb. Then rub it out while said hand is numb, Its called "the stanger"

BWAHAHAHAHA

GeekGrl
Magnum Jihad

Post by GeekGrl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:49 am

goose wrote:Depends on whether this case settles on Thursday. If not, trial monday so no go. If yes, hopping on bike and breaking rules.
May need a couch to crash upon however.
If you still need a couch to crash on, mine is available for as many nights as you need (and there's a garage for the 'Berg) -- I do owe you some return hospitality! :-) My place is pretty centrally located and easy to get to.

Hope to see ya! Probably won't be able to do the Vashon ride this year, but should make it out to breakfast at least.

Cheers,

b
"This is what I do, darlin'. This is what I do." -- Mal Reynolds

'09 Triumph Bonneville
'02 Suzuki GZ250 (sold, may it have new journeys)

Tales from a solo ride: http://www.waywardrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pintgudge
The Big Oooola

Post by Pintgudge » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:10 pm

I don't get to be a person of leisure this time.

I shall be a Marshal!

I think that means gofer or peon or something like that, but, I get to be a helper guy at the sportsmans club.

I get the sticker, and get in free, and a lunch ticket, and, most important,

I get to buy a t-shirt just like all of you. Mine will be long-sleeved

though, and yours won't.

So, you should volunteer next year!
If man is fit to be governed, is any man fit to govern?

These are the days of miracles and wonder!

'81 Goldwing Standard w/'61 Ural Sidecar

'06 Bajaj Chetak

Rabbit_Fighter
Keeper of the Lava

Post by Rabbit_Fighter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Keep Saturday night details posted. I might be out riding the volcanoes on Sunday, but I'd be down for some Smarty Pants action.
"no.
motorcycle the finality not is
motorcycle merely medium to achieve action of riding
motorcycle tool to bend space and time and overcome your own limitations as a mortal
riding more important than medium
spirit by object cannot be beaten."

Smokey
Barista of Doom

Post by Smokey » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:54 pm

party at the NEW and improved clubhaus saturday nite

Muppet
Magnum Jihad

Post by Muppet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Goosers! When are you leaving to return to SF? I'm going to be out of town all weekend, but there's a chance I'll be be able to come back early Sunday morning. I won't do Vashon even if I get back early, but if you are going to stay until Monday mayhaps we can all rendezvous for dinner?! Keep me posted on your plans!
"Does he have a motorcycle? If you're going to throw your life away, he better have a motorcycle!"

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:41 am

Muppet wrote:Goosers! When are you leaving to return to SF? I'm going to be out of town all weekend, but there's a chance I'll be be able to come back early Sunday morning. I won't do Vashon even if I get back early, but if you are going to stay until Monday mayhaps we can all rendezvous for dinner?! Keep me posted on your plans!
It's not looking too good. I just received the Settlement Conference brief and, well, Evel Kneivel couldn't jump the chasm between the relative positions of the parties. Still, bike is packed, filled with gas just in case somebody blinks today!

Gotz me a buncha 5hr energy drinks so I can make like a Trucker crossing Kansas!

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:03 am

All appendages crossed and let me tell ya, it's a little uncomfortable!

Smokey
Barista of Doom

Post by Smokey » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:10 pm

HAHAHA @ Bill. quite the mental picture. Sorry Goose. Keeping the faith.

Dr Ratbagg
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by Dr Ratbagg » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Will there be any meet ups for the crossing Sunday morning..., UTMC, Cretins, Canucks, AZ F Troop???
"Yeah well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man."

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 pm

ZK is meeting up at Endoline Joe's at 8, with a goal of catching the 9:15 boat.

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Any word yet Goose? Not sure how much longer I can hold this position!

Smokey
Barista of Doom

Post by Smokey » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 pm

cretins 10:10 boat.

I cant make it this year. I have daughter this weekend and we are getting a cat. Maybe Sunday eve, if people are still going strong, I could be down for a drink or bacon at Smarty Pants. After I drop Monkey off at her moms.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:40 am

Went down like the Hindenburg, OH THE HUMANITY. Funny, things were moving along nicely until somebody took it all too personally. Looks like a trial on Monday. So, take lots of pics have lots of fun and post up many stories so I may live vicariously :cry:

thrasherbill

Post by thrasherbill » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:44 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK.