2012 Isle of Vashon T.T

Planning a gathering? Post the details here!
goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 am

thrasherbill wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK.
It was kind of funny in a way. Walking back to the office with my clients and my bike parked out back with piles of stuff bungied all over it. Not knowing it was my bike, my client says "looks like someone is going to have fun this weekend." I had to resist the urge to just jump on it, wave and say "see ya monday!" Instead, I just stayed quiet and contemplated preparing Voir dire, motions in limine, jury instructions, trial brief, openning statement, witness list, exhibit list, anticipatory briefs re objects to evidence . . . "

I went next door, ordered a shot of Jameson and sat remembering the last time at Vashon. A really really good time!

Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 am

Dammit!
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

Rabbit_Fighter
Keeper of the Lava

Post by Rabbit_Fighter » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 am

Wot - no pics?
"no.
motorcycle the finality not is
motorcycle merely medium to achieve action of riding
motorcycle tool to bend space and time and overcome your own limitations as a mortal
riding more important than medium
spirit by object cannot be beaten."

Zer0
Professor of Poop

Post by Zer0 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 am

Why the hell anyone would want to watch a bunch of motorcycles riding around in circles instead of:
goose wrote:preparing Voir dire, motions in limine, jury instructions, trial brief, openning statement, witness list, exhibit list, anticipatory briefs re objects to evidence . . . "
completely eludes me. I personally like exhibiting my anticipatory briefs as the first object of evidence, really gets the limine motions flowing--quite an effective opening statement.

Pics of the event, please (The bikes, not any exhibited briefs.)
'74 R90/6--Thor
'05 Sportster 1200--FrankenRat
My boy D when he was 4 wrote:Bones aren't important--we like motorcycles.
High Kommand wrote:That's the problem with giving a bike a girl's name. Too much temptation to lay it down to examine the undercarriage...

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Rabbit_Fighter wrote:Wot - no pics?
They're coming they're coming, keep your pants on.
"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon." -Honda manual circa 1962

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." -Hunter S Thompson

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." -William S. Burroughs

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Another good year for the IOV. A bunch of ootmiks and ZK folks gathered for breakfast before heading over to the island. Our first mistake was following Flatline's lead once off the boat. He decided to get a jump on the poker run route before we even had a chance to register. That was sorted quickly and we headed downtown where bikes were packed in on both sides of the road for a half mile or so. All sorts of vintage and oddball varieties everywhere you looked.

Here's a little Mustang and a BSA. Seems there are always a bunch of BSA's every year. Dunno if that's due to their popularity when they were being sold, or they're just well built bikes.

A Kawasaki triple. Smoky's looks nicer.

I've always got an eye out for Guzzi's, like this T3.

I was admiring this well farkled dirtbike, and when it rolled by I noticed it had a Harley badge on the tank. My google-fu has failed me so far. Anyone know anything about them?

Another pretty BSA.

Plenty of two stroke goodness.

This one'll do 50 mph with only 50 cc's.

We headed out on the poker run and flatline gave over his leadership role to a short and furry kanukistani. He only tried to get us lost once.

Lot's of smiles at the mid run nicotine stop.

The poker run ended at the local gun club range, where burgers were consumed, lies were swapped, and bikes were admired. The ootmik/ZK crowd showed up in force. Every bike in this shot was somehow affiliated.

A nice Kawi 250.

This guy was on his Dad-in-law's MZ. An East German make I hadn't run across one before, but apparently they have quite the pedigree.

Yup, another BSA.

MV F4 750 Magni replica. An '04 Brutale 750 engine in a custom built frame.

This'll give you a taste of the sound the beast makes.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hL2c8lpZ3bQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hL2c8lpZ3bQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1918 "Hardley"

The ferry back was pretty well packed full of bikes. Despite the signs instructing drivers to wait for the crew signal to start their vehicles, one rider decided to fire up his bike while we were still a ways off from the dock. Others followed suit which brought down the ire of one of the crew members. "If all the bikes aren't shut down, none of you are going anywhere!!!" His anger was a bit over the top, but eventually everyone shut down. Predictably, when the signal came to start 'em back up there was some enthusiastic revving from all corners. The racket bouncing off the steel bulkheads was truly impressive. :mrgreen:

A great day with great folks. Again, I can't wait for next year.

12ci
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by 12ci » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 pm

calamari kid wrote: I was admiring this well farkled dirtbike, and when it rolled by I noticed it had a Harley badge on the tank. My google-fu has failed me so far. Anyone know anything about them?
that would be a late model MT500
i've never seen one on the road before...their "collector" status makes them stupidly expensive over here.
today you decide what tomorrow will bring

calamari kid
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by calamari kid » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:01 pm

12ci wrote:
that would be a late model MT500
i've never seen one on the road before...their "collector" status makes them stupidly expensive over here.
Good catch! I'm guessing it's the 350 though as it's got the front mounted panniers, gun case, and larger reflectors on the front fender.

goose
Pâté de Foie Gras

Post by goose » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:25 am

fucking excellent!!!!!!! Made my day!
Drink triples til you're seeing double, feeling single, and looking for trouble! -Johnny Nitro, RIP

"British bikes of that era are made of a special alloy known as Brittainium. It is the only metal known to be able to rust even when fully submerged in oil. It also corrodes microscopic passages through itself whenever it makes contact with any known gasketing material." - AZ Rider

Re: Husaberg Build: "I pictured it more like the heroin addicted ex that keeps turning up, the bleeding you dry, breaking your heart, and crushing your soul, but you keep taking her back because it's the most fun ride you've ever had..." Bo-9